• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

CyReN

I never liked the "tramp stamp" Xbox thing they did with the Day One controllers - really hope that isn't real.

Xbox-One-day-one-controller.jpg

FinKL

Hmm so Day One orders don't really offer anything of "value"

I mean I have a 2013 Day One Controller, but Xbox released new versions of the controller to make the Day One obsolete.

jelly

A limited edition probably. I doubt they sell them all like that. Still, odd choice. Day One was lame as well. I suppose there might be enough die hards interested or maybe it's a $1000 SSD edition.

jelly

Hmm so Day One orders don't really offer anything of "value"

I mean I have a 2013 Day One Controller, but Xbox released new versions of the controller to make the Day One obsolete.

You got a Day One achievement, that's worth more than gold :p

Oh damn! I wonder if that's real.

I'm stuck in a goddamn perpetual cycle of hype and "meh" for the One X. I'll see stuff like this and get excited for it, but then come down to earth and worry that I won't be satisfied with my purchase if I get one.

I won't be buying a 4K TV until probably around the time that the "next" Xbox comes out, so I'll be largely looking for 1080p benefits. Supersampling sounds great, as do faster loading times and better performance, but I guess I'm just not quite sold yet. I want to see a game like Assassin's Creed Origins running side by side with the One S version at 1080p.

I guess I'll just pre-order anyway and make my final decision when/if we get comparison videos before launch day. I'd imagine MS will send these out for early review yes? That should give Digital Foundry time to compare. Ugh... Why do I care so much about buying new stuff?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It's so dark though it's hardly noticeable.

Meh, I don't care one way or the other. I'd prefer it didn't have it, but whatever. Actually, I'd prefer it in white, but I'm good with it either way. I stare at my games, not the box that's playing them.

peppers

"Project Scorpio"

Reminds me of the Ryzen/Jaguar days and lead up to the DF reveal. I didn't have an account back then but I was sure as hell reading you all.

Edit: LOL I just got upgraded from junior member

MaulerX

I like the idea of a "Project Scorpio" limited edition Xbox One X. But it has to be more than that. Maybe include a nice replica of the Scorpio Engine chip Phil walks around with or something.

"Project Scorpio"

Reminds me of the Ryzen/Jaguar days and lead up to the DF reveal. I didn't have an account back then but I was sure as hell reading you all.

Edit: LOL I just got upgraded from junior member

Congratulations! :0

I'd like to see Richard Leadbetters keen face, with him holding his early access 'unprecedented' Project Scorpio controller :-

peppers

Congratulations! :0

I'd like to see Richard Leadbetters keen face, with him holding his early access 'unprecedented' Project Scorpio controller :-
Hah thanks!
Maybe they should send him or the team one of these special editions to do their testing on that unit. Would be a classy move although some might accuse them of bias I guess.

Colbert

Banned
Hah thanks!
Maybe they should send him or the team one of these special editions to do their testing on that unit. Would be a classy move although some might accuse them of bias I guess.

I would like the console without any those markers. Clean and simple I would prefer. I hope it is not the Day 1 edition that is talked of.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I like the idea of a "Project Scorpio" limited edition Xbox One X. But it has to be more than that. Maybe include a nice replica of the Scorpio Engine chip Phil walks around with or something.

Oh, I like that. A replica 4K chip in a plastic/glass block would be very nice to have on a desk or shelf.

peppers

I would like the console without any those markers. Clean and simple I would prefer. I hope it is not the Day 1 edition that is talked of.
Don't get me wrong I prefer the all black edition too! If there was some kind of Project Scorpio mention I'd prefer it to be in white though.

Norse

It's a special edition is all...you'll still be able to get a regular 1X at launch. Relax people.

I'm hungry now.

Hopefully those chips are queso avocado lol

kindly posted pics

you have to click on "Vollbild-Galerie"

Thanks both! Seeing them now, it looks fine to me. This is labelled as an "edition" implying it is not the default console so I'm sure you could get one without it as well.

I don't particularly love it or hate it...but I'd probably get one just because it would become a bit more unusual over time.

It's interesting that it is shown in a shop - from the reddit thread I assumed it would be an employee only edition...like the..was it white Xbox One?

Top Bottom