• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Just called my local gamestop here on the east coast, talked to my buddy who's the manager and he looked it up. Not available yet here stateside it seems.

Ambient80

GameStop has a thing on their homepage saying they’ll have trade-in offers announced soon, I imagine preorders might unlock at the same time.

The Dutch Microsoft store still says unavailable. My guess it will be up next week. At least it says the real release date, so no way we're getting that shit again that happened with first Xbox One. But I shouldn't even worry about that.

Yoday

Don't forget that the One X internal drive is 7200rpm, so usually faster than standard usb3 external drives.
I highly doubt it's 7200 rpm. People are confusing 50% more bandwidth with 50% faster. They increased the rate at which the system can pull data from the drive, not the physical speed of the drive.

Talked to my gamestop manager again a moment ago. He said they haven't heard anything about the preorders going live today. So when/if they do its gonna be a surprise for the gamestop stores it seems.

Hawk269

Called a Game stop in Dallas Texas and he said they are starting at 2pm. Here is the number for that store if anyone wants to verify. 214 823 1061

I highly doubt it's 7200 rpm. People are confusing 50% more bandwidth with 50% faster. They increased the rate at which the system can pull data from the drive, not the physical speed of the drive.

Yeah I don't think it will be either. There aren't that many 2.5" 7200rpm drives. Not in bigger sizes anyway.

Am_I_Evil

Got this text a little bit ago
6iywCsb_d.jpg

Kaydan

Banned

Rare Pepe

Neo Member
Preoders went live on Microsoft Store here.

Xbox One X price in Russia is 50,000RUB. That's 721.5EUR or 848USD. At E3 they said it was 40k, which would be around 577EUR.

For 848USD you can build decent PC that would be more powerful on Ryzen and GTX1070 or Vega 56.

Now compare that to average income.

PS4 Pro RRP is 31k, but you can easily find one for 25-26k. So for the price of Xbox One X you can almost buy 2 PS4 Pro, or PS4 Pro + Xbox One S + some games.

Just the difference between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X RRP is 20k RUB, or 288EUR/339USD. Fuck Microsoft.

https://microsoftstore.ru/418845/xboxonex/

Preoders went live on Microsoft Store here.

Xbox One X price in Russia is 50,000RUB. That's 721.5EUR or 848USD. At E3 they said it was 40k, which would be around 577EUR.

For 848USD you can build decent PC that would be more powerful on Ryzen and GTX1070 or Vega 56.

Now compare that to average income.

PS4 Pro RRP is 31k, but you can easily find one for 25-26k. So for the price of Xbox One X you can almost buy 2 PS4 Pro, or PS4 Pro + Xbox One S + some games.

Just the difference between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X RRP is 20k RUB, or 288EUR/339USD. Fuck Microsoft.

https://microsoftstore.ru/418845/xboxonex/

Jesus Christ that's insane. But is that all on MS?

Macaco84

You know it. Im using it so as to not miss amazon going live 😂

Same here. Sitting here with feverish excitement about pre-ordering this thing.

Although equally wondering whether the worry of instant pre-order sell-outs has been blown well out of proportion. I just don't know whether we are looking at a SNES mini type situation here (sold out in minutes) or a PS4 type situation (took a fair while to be sold out - in the UK at least).

Although equally wondering whether the worry of instant pre-order sell-outs has been blown well out of proportion. I just don't know whether we are looking at a SNES mini type situation here (sold out in minutes) or a PS4 type situation (took a fair while to be sold out - in the UK at least).

Is Game's preorders going out early or something? 34 mins left.

The Llama

Genuinely don't think there will be any stock issues with this, but I'm still prepped to preorder the minute it's up lol.

Thanks. I think I am going to go to a Tim Hortons near my store around 3 and watch the conference from there. Then I will pop in and hopefully preorder.

Presale code was 733481 if that's any help.

Actually looking at the code there is a XXX/XXX* at the end of it. Don't recall presale codes having that before.

*Number out of 300 yet it is ~100 more on the left side. Not sure if that's a limit or some other internal code.

It's an hour drive to my gamestop. I'm leaving in about 25 minutes and driving up there. When the XB1 came out I was 12 of 13 to get mine preorderd. Store didn't get anymore preorder allocation until after launch. Not risking it this time.

Macaco84

Is Game's preorders going out early or something? 34 mins left.

I guess no one really knows. So just in case, I will be on their site when their countdown is up (and on Amazon's if they are synchronised). Perhaps they have a deal with MS or something to go live with pre-orders a bit early.

Or more likely they are putting up their trade in/bundle offer information first.

Top Bottom