• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

FinKL

I think the big news is that if you have another xbox on your network, you can just transfer over the network vs redownloading everything. That's cool

gossi

If RDR2 doesn't get enhanced on the X because the marketing is with Sony I'll skip the X all together.

For those doubting it, by the way - Sony already stops cross play via contracts, and all the games missing from the Enhanced list are the ones with Sony deals (just checked).

Given Eurogame leak for Project Scorpio where Microsoft said they wanted to "put a halt" to a narrative about Playstation being more powerful, maybe Sony struck early deals to put a hold to it. I ain't buying unenhanced games.

I think the big news is that if you have another xbox on your network, you can just transfer over the network vs redownloading everything. That's cool

But wouldn't most just trade in their xbox though? Little reason to keep an existing Xbox One if you're getting this...

Can a game run at 4K or 4K checkerboard but not technically be enhanced? Do enhanced specify being built from the ground up?

If it's different than a base Xbox version then it is enhanced, I'm sure there will be some cheap and quick 4K upscale jobs that will still use the enhanced label, just like on PS4 Pro.

Can a game run at 4K or 4K checkerboard but not technically be enhanced? Do enhanced specify being built from the ground up?

If the game isn't patched to be enhanced, then it will likely benefit from something similar to Boost Mode on the PS4 Pro. It will run faster than a regular Xbox One, but it won't really be able to tap into the extra capability of the X without a enhancement patch.

Ascenion

For those doubting it, by the way - Sony already stops cross play via contracts, and all the games missing from the Enhanced list are the ones with Sony deals (just checked).

Given Eurogame leak for Project Scorpio where Microsoft said they wanted to "put a halt" to a narrative about Playstation being more powerful, maybe Sony struck early deals to put a hold to it. I ain't buying unenhanced games.

That would be pretty fucking low. Like scum of the earth low. Yeah give your platform advantages but don't take away from others.

Dynomutt

If the game isn't patched to be enhanced, then it will likely benefit from something similar to Boost Mode on the PS4 Pro. It will run faster than a regular Xbox One, but it won't really be able to tap into the extra capability of the X without a enhancement patch.

Didn't Bungie already say Destiny 2 would run at 4K/30FPS for the Pro and One X? Or am I mistaken?

It's absurd. Consumers need to be able to make informed decisions. Games aren't cheap.

And you don't think Microsoft doesn't want to announce this? C'mon...get real here--Microsoft would throw that complete list out already if they could.

This smacks more of a certain competitor (that rhymes with Pony) running scared and forcing a holdback on publishers/developers announcing compatibility than anything else.

Remember...the XB1X (and it's competition) sell initially to gamers like ourselves...gamers that create threads to compare lists of games and fight over rendering. Anything that can be done to prevent Microsoft from gaining PR ground in this regard is worth risking alienating the same gamers to certain companies...

I am less worried about preorders after watching this stream. I don't think people are going to be running for this. I would have probably been better to have announced preorders before showing their hand.

Soi-Fong

I am less worried about preorders after watching this stream. I don't think people are going to be running for this. I would have probably been better to have announced preorders before showing their hand.

Yeah... I don't think this will be a Switch situation for many reasons...

Star Wars BF II is a Sony marketed game and is on the enhanced list, so I doubt your theory's correct. RDR2 is still a ways out as well, so I think we'll see that get an announcement at some point.

Stranya

And you don't think Microsoft doesn't want to announce this? C'mon...get real here--Microsoft would throw that complete list out already if they could.

This smacks more of a certain competitor (that rhymes with Pony) running scared and forcing a holdback on publishers/developers announcing compatibility than anything else.

Remember...the XB1X (and it's competition) sell initially to gamers like ourselves...gamers that create threads to compare lists of games and fight over rendering. Anything that can be done to prevent Microsoft from gaining PR ground in this regard is worth risking alienating the same gamers to certain companies...
Absolutely, I agree - I meant that it's absurd that we can't get the straight info due to marketing shit. I don't doubt that many missing games will be enhanced. I'd just rather be able to decide now whether to get an X1X with all the facts.

Farsi

I have the gamestop exclusive lunar gold controller with the grips and I gotta say they really make a difference for me. So glad they're adding it to the create a controller thingy.

Greenberg 'we got the biggest exclusives' ....

tumblr_inline_nc4gmoE2JB1r6a5rs.gif

Were are they then? Show us please.

Yeah, that was a dumb statement for sure.

gossi

Star Wars BF II is a Sony marketed game and is on the enhanced list, so I doubt your theory's correct. RDR2 is still a ways out as well, so I think we'll see that get an announcement at some point.

I don't think that's the same deal, however - both CoD and Destiny get DLC early (and exclusive DLC).

Yeah... I don't think this will be a Switch situation for many reasons...

Is one of those reasons because it's 2017 and unlike nintendo, ms & sony have their shit together?

Not trying to start a war, it just seriously blows my mind that Nintendo struggles to keep hardware in stock

Absolutely, I agree - I meant that it's absurd that we can't get the straight info due to marketing shit. I don't doubt that many missing games will be enhanced. I'd just rather be able to decide now whether to get an X1X with all the facts.

Gotcha. My apologies, I misinterpreted your post. :)

Top Bottom