• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Jemm

Anyone know what I wouldn't have access to dynamic themes?
AFAIK, there is only one dynamic theme that can be used and the selection of other themes is in alpha/beta insider channels.

We're not certain whether or not the entire list of dynamic background themes will be available for launch day on November 10, but if not, they should arrive very shortly.

These are currently available to testers in the Xbox Insider Alpha Ring. We'll update this article when we've found they're fully live or when more are added.

List of Xbox Series X, Series S dynamic background themes | Windows Central

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What happens if you try to play a series S|X game from USB storage? Is it allowed or does Xbox block it?
It's allowed, but longer load times obviously, not sure if you have external SSD, there it runs almost as if in inside.

Really impressed so far with Borderlands 3 on Series X. They did a fantastic job with the next gen update. Feels and plays like a next gen game compared to what I was used to on the Xbox One X

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Format it on PC, seems like a formated only 313 partition and rest is something else. Disk Utils in Windows will help you.
I can install other games to it. Its just that theres approximately only 1TB of games showing up in My Games. I originally formatted the hdd on my Xbox and its not been used for anything else. When I plug hdd back into Xb1X they all appear but not when i connect to XSX.

If you guys hear of any store with availability please @me. I'm really hoping Walmart goes full heel and releases new Xbox stock today at 12 while everyone is busy getting the PS5. It would be smooth buying for me.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Yeah, I've tried everything you can thing off. Spoke to MS and they said to return it to my retailer.
Returned it to Tesco and they could only refund me.

It's a sad day and I'm gutted but life goes on. People are struggling with covid so it could be worse.

Why didn't you send it for repair?

Hendrick's Hendrick's if you want the dynamic backgrounds you have to sign up to the preview program that's the only way for now.

Did they removed suspend and resume for Valhalla?

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I know the Sony fanboys have been absolute assholes for the Series X/S launch, but I'd like to ask all the Xbox fans not to shit up the PS5 launch and celebration threads like the Sony Fanboys have done to ours.

The vast majority of people getting a PS5 are not obnoxious fanboys, just people that enjoy what Sony offers or even fans of both consoles. They should be allowed to enjoy their new baby without dealing with a shit ton of negativity, fake bullshit or trolling.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I know the Sony fanboys have been absolute assholes for the Series X/S launch, but I'd like to ask all the Xbox fans not to shit up the PS5 launch and celebration threads like the Sony Fanboys have done to ours.

The vast majority of people getting a PS5 are not obnoxious fanboys, just people that enjoy what Sony offers or even fans of both consoles. They should be allowed to enjoy their new baby without dealing with a shit ton of negativity, fake bullshit or trolling.
Both PS5 and Xbox are second rate. Behold this week's best hardware launch:
box-2x.png

ManaByte

Fuck that, I'm installing a holographic fire flame projector on my PS5 to make it look like it's burning down the house.

splattered

Guys, I'm having some issues with the Instant On mode. My downloads are being interrupted when turning off the console.
I used this feature a lot on the Xbox One but now, for some reason, it's not working.

I feel like i am having issues with my system/SSD maybe too... i also can't get standby downloading to work and don't even see an option for it anywhere in the menu no matter where i look. I download a game, turn the system off, and the download stops. I was downloading games and the system was set to auto off after an hour? and the download would stop. I had to switch my auto off to longer periods of time just so my downloads and transfers would keep going.

My system takes kind of long to boot up if i fully shut it down and even instant on mode doesn't feel that fast. When booting games like FH4 it can take a while to load up and a little screen pops up that says "This may take a minute or two" and it does. Some games have refused to boot completely.

I've had issues where games are partially installed on both my external and internal and can't fix it unless i completely delete it in all places and re-download. MK11 was the one i was having major issues with... finally working this morning after fully re-downloading it though now it no longer says X|S enhanced like it did when i first booted my system up and looked at my games. Doesn't show up in the X|S optimized filter anymore either. Not sure what happened... it's on my internal and i loaded the game but i don't think it's running optimized for some reason. Ugh. Overall i'm super pleased with the system but i feel like i am getting hit with some very frustrating early adopter bugs.

I have a code for £10 off XSX Carbon Black, Robot White, Shock Blue or the Elite Series 2 controllers from Amazon UK which I assume isn't account specific if anyone wants it.

I feel like i am having issues with my system/SSD maybe too... i also can't get standby downloading to work and don't even see an option for it anywhere in the menu no matter where i look. I download a game, turn the system off, and the download stops. I was downloading games and the system was set to auto off after an hour? and the download would stop. I had to switch my auto off to longer periods of time just so my downloads and transfers would keep going.

My system takes kind of long to boot up if i fully shut it down and even instant on mode doesn't feel that fast. When booting games like FH4 it can take a while to load up and a little screen pops up that says "This may take a minute or two" and it does. Some games have refused to boot completely.

I've had issues where games are partially installed on both my external and internal and can't fix it unless i completely delete it in all places and re-download. MK11 was the one i was having major issues with... finally working this morning after fully re-downloading it though now it no longer says X|S enhanced like it did when i first booted my system up and looked at my games. Doesn't show up in the X|S optimized filter anymore either. Not sure what happened... it's on my internal and i loaded the game but i don't think it's running optimized for some reason. Ugh. Overall i'm super pleased with the system but i feel like i am getting hit with some very frustrating early adopter bugs.

About MK11, go to the tile and then Manage Game, if there's 0 in the updates section then you should have the optimised version - if it's available

Sounds rough though man, sorry to hear. Factory reset as a last resort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
What happens if you try to play a series S|X game from USB storage? Is it allowed or does Xbox block it?

Things are definitley taking too long on your machine. DId you move things from an external or was everything a fresh download?

Also the MK11 patch hasnt hit yet. It was labeled as Series X/S ready but its not yet. Doesnt go live till the 17th.

Jemm

I just had a small quirk happen: console was idle for a dinner and the controller connection just died. Tried with another and no luck. Only (Harmony) remote control worked normally.

Tried normal boot, which didn't help. After full shutdown cycle the controllers started working again. Probably some OS issue with wireless connections or something...

Last edited:

splattered

If you guys hear of any store with availability please @me. I'm really hoping Walmart goes full heel and releases new Xbox stock today at 12 while everyone is busy getting the PS5. It would be smooth buying for me.

Are you or anyone in your family military? I saw PS5's were availabile at a military store today for $480 and that usually is no tax as well... should be same for Series X soon i can imagine.

About MK11, go to the tile and then Manage Game, if there's 0 in the updates section then you should have the optimised version - if it's available

Sounds rough though man, sorry to hear. Factory reset as a last resort.

Strangely this morning after my console had been off for a while i booted it and it sprung right up instantly. Though i just clicked on the Forza Horizon 4 icon and it's just sitting at the splash screen... i played some of the game yesterday and it didn't put it in the save state for some reason? Ok it finally loaded into the menu but it well over a minute or two to boot the game. Thankfully it saved my settings from yesterday... the car i chose, custom license plate, etc but overall loading feels very slow for this game i don't know why?

Things are definitley taking too long on your machine. DId you move things from an external or was everything a fresh download?

Also the MK11 patch hasnt hit yet. It was labeled as Series X/S ready but its not yet. Doesnt go live till the 17th.

Some things were moved from external but then i applied the update patch once it was on the internal.

Ahh thanks on the heads up for MK11! I thought it was super weird about the optimization thing. I noticed that one of the DLC's in particular (Shang Tsung) was the one triggering to upgrade this morning. I chose ignore and install as normal and the game started working but was not optimized.

Can't wait for all these little bugs to get ironed out.

splattered

Does anyone know if we can purchase the $50 3 year warranty for these machines once we receive the units? I didn't buy that during preorder... for some reason the MS store didn't give me the option but for my wife it did pop up but she didn't select it. Would like to do that for these machines now if still possible.

UncleMeat

Anyone having trouble getting their optimized games to play? Dirt, horizon, Gears, Ori all showed as optimized. I started each game and each one said there were updates to download. Downloaded the updates, but the games don’t launch or still show stuff needs to download. These games were all on an external prior to setting up my X. Any help would be appreciated.
Ya this seems to be a problem. I'll just quote my post from earlier. After I deleted the "updated" gears 5 and just redownloaded the whole thing it worked fine.

Just a heads up for the Gears 5 update download: I booted up Gears 5 from my external HDD and it said it needed a 55gig update. So the download moved everything to the internal (or maybe just erased what was on the external) and downloaded the 55 gigs which was the whole game. But when it was finished I opened up the game and all the modes weren't working and said "mode is still downloading" even though there was nothing in my queue.

So I erased it and re-downloaded it from the store and this time it was a 72gig (or maybe 75gig) and then everything worked fine. So when you're updating this download make sure it's the 72 gig download and not the 55 gig download or else it won't work.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Does anyone know if we can purchase the $50 3 year warranty for these machines once we receive the units? I didn't buy that during preorder... for some reason the MS store didn't give me the option but for my wife it did pop up but she didn't select it. Would like to do that for these machines now if still possible.

Have you registered it on the xbox site?

Also on your ohter issue. I had a problem with Creed taking it form an external to the the internal. Might be a bug not sure but it jsut did not want to update properly. Did a clean install and its working now.

I had another weird thing with Ori where taking it from an external to the internal where it said it needed an update but then proceeded to run and then crash. It seems games with X/S patches are not updating properly from an external for some.

Yes, Microsoft Complete Protection Plan is available to purchase up to 45 days after getting the console.

As for FH4, absolutely should not be slow at all, at any point. I recommend a fresh install directly to internal. In general I'd put all X/S enhanced titles on internal, including those getting a patch in the future like Halo MCC and The Witcher 3.

splattered

Yes, Microsoft Complete Protection Plan is available to purchase up to 45 days after getting the console.

As for FH4, absolutely should not be slow at all, at any point. I recommend a fresh install directly to internal. In general I'd put all X/S enhanced titles on internal, including those getting a patch in the future like Halo MCC and The Witcher 3.

My FH4 actually is fresh to internal because it kept crashing at 60% when i was setting everything up so i deleted it and installed brand new. Still having issues. Dunno.. hopefully these issues will be resolved soon.

Has anybody received their 1 tb memory card for the series x is it a full terabyte or is it less?

It's 920GB free space.

My FH4 actually is fresh to internal because it kept crashing at 60% when i was setting everything up so i deleted it and installed brand new. Still having issues. Dunno.. hopefully these issues will be resolved soon.

Very strange, hope it gets sorted for you soon mate.

Kssio_Aug

I am not being able to find Dragon Quest XI on Game Pass website (and can't check on the console right now). I am not sure if it is already released, but I remember seeing it there before. Did something happened to this title on GP?

Top Bottom