• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

What is actually wrong with these people? Do they have so little in their lives?

It's incredibly tiresome and just really, really sad. They feel like their favourite plastic box has no meaning if another competing plastic box has also - and that really does appear to be all they have

I feel like the only person on the planet who doesn’t have HDR capability right now. 😂

My main monitor only has HDR at up to 300 nuts, while a TV would do a full 1000, but even then the difference is very noticeable with auto-HDR.

Definitely recommend if you ever change your display in the future.

Gears 5, Mirror's Edge 1, Banjo Kazooie, Gamepass, goddamn it's all so great.

Series X is SERIOUS SEX.

Absolutely love Mirror's Edge, deserves a replay with the Series X BC enhancements I think. Never played the second one, sounds like I dodged a bullet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shout out to the best feature on GAF, perfect for threads like the Next Gen safe space or that new NXGamer Valhalla thread.

XWFTgsb.jpg

9JJchQm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ZywyPL

Banned
What is actually wrong with these people? Do they have so little in their lives?

They'll rather sell their virginity than admit their plastic box is weaker than the other, it's funny and sad at the same time. They'll keep waiting the next 7-8 years for a miracle to happen, like some folks were waiting years for the cloud and ESRAM to took off, but it's all x86 PC architecture, there's no secret souce like Cell anymore, all the specs are out there and can be easily and directly compared. But whatever drives their boat, but in those rough pandemic times we need any form of entertainment, like that where the fanboys precisely build up their biased narratives only for Sony themselves to debunk them later on, console wars were never so hilarious - "you just wait!" - <Sony puts a bitchslap on its own warrior>, shit's priceless.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
OT 3 of BC

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
anyone having an issue where the series x will come out of standby mode in low resolution with no sound? i think it might be a HDMI handshake issue.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
One dumb question:
I turned off my Series X at 22h ish and by the morning it was warm - not hot, just warm. The console is always in standby?

I have GamePass shit to do for the entire generation

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
The UI is the biggest let down of the series X launch ,having no real next gen games I can allow but a UI that doesn't take advantage of the new next gen features is lazy.

We should be able to find out what games have QR and what games don't on the console, looks like they have removed it from Valhalla on my system 😒

kuncol02

Banned
The UI is the biggest let down of the series X launch ,having no real next gen games I can allow but a UI that doesn't take advantage of the new next gen features is lazy.

We should be able to find out what games have QR and what games don't on the console, looks like they have removed it from Valhalla on my system 😒
There was bug in Valhalla when after QR game stopped saving progress (autosave icon was still there). Don't even ask how I find out about that.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Happened to me once, don't remember the circumstances. Turned my TV off and on and that fixed it.
yeah that's what i did. i remember having this exact same issue with my PS4 at launch.

i was just worried it was my new TV. haven't used the HDMI ports until now.

Quite a difference.

i might do this later. haven't had any issue with visuals but worth a try.

Last edited:

Hal.

Finally managed to get one in the UK as they were up again on amazon for about 3 minutes.

Originally wasn’t overly fussed but, hey, next gen hype and with full bc it makes sense to play my Xbox games with faster loading.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
One dumb question:
I turned off my Series X at 22h ish and by the morning it was warm - not hot, just warm. The console is always in standby?

This is what I’ve been wondering to. I would say mine is the same. I don’t have any games installed so nothing is on quick resume but the console is instant on or whatever they call it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
One dumb question:

Instant on never turns the box off. It stays in low power mode.

Mussah92

Finally managed to get one in the UK as they were up again on amazon for about 3 minutes.

Originally wasn’t overly fussed but, hey, next gen hype and with full bc it makes sense to play my Xbox games with faster loading.

how did you know to search AMAZON?

Hal.

how did you know to search AMAZON?

Just sign up here, create an account and make sure you turn on all notifications under the account settings page.

It pinged me immediately and I ordered probably a minute or so after it was back in stock.

Jboemios

Banned
have anybody used the "free anime list" application? I am trying to download it but It does not start.
I cant find it in the store either

reksveks

They could have built and could still build something cool around quick resume, think the buggy start to it is probably why they haven't yet.

Andodalf

Banned
I have a lower cost (But decent) TCL R55615, is it worth walking through the calibration modes for lower end TV's like this? I mean i love the TV's for the price but it's no OLED haha

100% I'd say calibration like this is more important for a lower end sets. That said the 615 looks to have solid peak brightness, so HDR Shouldn't be bad on it anyway!

splattered

100% I'd say calibration like this is more important for a lower end sets. That said the 615 looks to have solid peak brightness, so HDR Shouldn't be bad on it anyway!

Ok i've always been terrible at calibration stuff in the past.. i'll give it a whirl haha

Dibils2k

Quite a difference.

clear he had the wrong black level selected with console and TV

this kind of improvement wont happen for anyone that has their TV and console set up proper (since they would already be like the one on the right)

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Ok i've always been terrible at calibration stuff in the past.. i'll give it a whirl haha

This setup on Xbox is super easy. Just get your lights like they normally are and do what the Xbox says! What it's going to do is try and find the peak luminance and black level of the TV, so it'll just have you make stuff brighter till it clips

Kagey K

Banned
Best bet is to look for recommended settings somewhere like rtings or YouTube and then fine tune it to your preference after, or use the Xbox calibration tool to see how close they are.

Also run the HDR calibrator on Xbox after you have gone through the other calibrations.

Last edited:

splattered

This setup on Xbox is super easy. Just get your lights like they normally are and do what the Xbox says! What it's going to do is try and find the peak luminance and black level of the TV, so it'll just have you make stuff brighter till it clips
Best bet is to look for recommended settings somewhere like rtings or YouTube and then fine tune it to your preference after, or use the Xbox calibration tool to see how close they are.

Also run the HDR calibrator on Xbox after you have gone through the other calibrations.

Ok i ran through the console calibration twice and it literally looks the exact same in the final two "choose one" pictures haha ... MAYBE the clouds up above look ever so slightly darker? Guess i will have to fire up a game to see if there are any differences.

Andodalf

Banned
Ok i ran through the console calibration twice and it literally looks the exact same in the final two "choose one" pictures haha ... MAYBE the clouds up above look ever so slightly darker? Guess i will have to fire up a game to see if there are any differences.

The big thing is that this will apply to games automatically. Normally games have individual adjustments which can be less accurate, but this will set things across the board

Kagey K

Banned
Did you do both the calibrators?

Go settings>general>tv and display options. Then go 4K tv details and make sure everything is checkmarked that should be (sometimes you have to enable settings on your tv) then go Calibrate tv and then go calibrate HDR for games.

If the tv is calibrated properly you shouldn’t see a big difference between the pics at the end, but now you just leave all ingame settings default when it wants you to adjust HDR.

It’s a lot quicker which is nice however I agree with you. Being in the insider program since inception a few of us in it have done all we can with feedback. I have to say I’m not too impressed with the UI team at times, even these dynamic themes are barely better than what we got on PS3. It feels half hearted at times. If you’re gonna implement something, try to do it better than others.

splattered

Did you do both the calibrators?

Go settings>general>tv and display options. Then go 4K tv details and make sure everything is checkmarked that should be (sometimes you have to enable settings on your tv) then go Calibrate tv and then go calibrate HDR for games.

If the tv is calibrated properly you shouldn’t see a big difference between the pics at the end, but now you just leave all ingame settings default when it wants you to adjust HDR.

Yeah i got the checkmarks across the board except for the 120hz one... i did not set up the TV calibration though as i thought that only applied to like TV/Movies/Apps which i don't really use on the system. Should i clear out the game settings go back do the TV calibration THEN the game calibration or does that not matter?

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah i got the checkmarks across the board except for the 120hz one... i did not set up the TV calibration though as i thought that only applied to like TV/Movies/Apps which i don't really use on the system. Should i clear out the game settings go back do the TV calibration THEN the game calibration or does that not matter?
The tv calibration is for everything. It wants you to adjust the tv settings for ideal contrast and gamma settings for everything (games included). The only thing you won’t really be able to do is the tint one. After you do that you will have to readjust your HDR settings.

splattered

The tv calibration is for everything. It wants you to adjust the tv settings for ideal contrast and gamma settings for everything (games included). The only thing you won’t really be able to do is the tint one. After you do that you will have to readjust your HDR settings.

Ok cool thank you!

Top Bottom