• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

TBiddy

I'm genuinely curious to see how Halo Infinite will look at release. While not exactly a graphical showcase, right now, I don't think it was that bad. If we add the RT support to the mix, it could very well improve the things quite a lot.

But it does tell you a lot about 343 and the rumoured development hell over there, that RT isn't ready at launch and needs to be added as a patch later on. That's inexcusable.

ZywyPL

Banned

I was interested in it Surface Duo some time ago, but once the spec leaked I'm not anymore, but this brought back my attention a bit, it would've been such a perfect fir to xCloud/GP, would allow for normal gaming while traveling rather being on mercy of mobile titles, which are mostly crap, filled with more ads than actual gameplay. Hopefully they'll release an updated model somewhere later with better specs, 5G, higher refresh rate etc.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I feel like just picking up the official Xbox 8BitDo controller, and clipping on your phone, is the way to go here, above simulated touch controls. Playing Infinite like that... ugh.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I'm genuinely curious to see how Halo Infinite will look at release. While not exactly a graphical showcase, right now, I don't think it was that bad. If we add the RT support to the mix, it could very well improve the things quite a lot.

But it does tell you a lot about 343 and the rumoured development hell over there, that RT isn't ready at launch and needs to be added as a patch later on. That's inexcusable.
Some things are just out of your control. When COVID-19 hit and people started to work from home, chances are pretty high that performance dropped at 343i (source on why this is likely). I understand that they need more time to get the game where it needs to be, and I also get that they can't postpone the launch since the XSX will be ready.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Gamernyc78

Is this the one you're talking about?

dims

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
As a passionate linguist, I'm fluent.

'Oh. I'm surprised you knew the one. Great minds, right? Yeah, that's it. It... does look a little goofy, but I think it's a big improvement over the standard controller.'

Yes, I actually took the time to draft out a response then backtrack it to retard. Lol.
Lmao the only thing I managed to decipher was "Yeah, that's it"

It was like a Zodiac cipher.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Btw, I'm really looking forward to the GamePass/X-Cloud unification. I feel like it's pretty fantastic that I don't even have to do anything (I have GamePass Ultimate) and it'll just pop up for me one day.

Do we have an exact date?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Btw, I'm really looking forward to the GamePass/X-Cloud unification. I feel like it's pretty fantastic that I don't even have to do anything (I have GamePass Ultimate) and it'll just pop up for me one day.

Do we have an exact date?
Nope, just September. We might get that date during the next game event. I'm also looking forward to it, although I might have to upgrade my mobile plan for this

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

Really looking forward to what they'll have in store at the next event. Pretty sure they'll show MP footage. But if Halo MP is going to be huge, I'm wondering what they have planned when it comes to game modes.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Removing the Live paywall would be huge. Merging Gold into Game Pass & having one simple subscription service would be huge.

I don't see them doing either of these things because they're a corporation & love money above all else.

Would be huge though.

ZywyPL

Banned
Removing the Live paywall would be huge. Merging Gold into Game Pass & having one simple subscription service would be huge.

I don't see them doing either of these things because they're a corporation & love money above all else.

Would be huge though.

I think Spencer/MS really are aiming for those "2BLN gamers out there" - once they hit a certain level of userbase nothing won't matter, as the GP monthly fees will be able to sustain the XBL servers, xClous servers, games development, and of course bring profit on top of that, and after that certain level every additional GP user will be a pure profit. But that's a very long term plan, you don't go from product-based model to a service-based one overnight, it takes some time.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I think Spencer/MS really are aiming for those "2BLN gamers out there" - once they hit a certain level of userbase nothing won't matter, as the GP monthly fees will be able to sustain the XBL servers, xClous servers, games development, and of course bring profit on top of that, and after that certain level every additional GP user will be a pure profit. But that's a very long term plan, you don't go from product-based model to a service-based one overnight, it takes some time.

You could be right.

I guess time will tell. It's going to be an interesting next-gen, that's for sure. On top of having both Xbox & PlayStation with big first-party plans, we have Game Pass & Now. A possible subscription/ecosystem war is brewing.

Removing the online paywall would be a huge move, like I said. I just struggle to see it happening.

Top Bottom