• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I assume that they'll be rolling out patches for any play anywhere titles.

If they're putting out ultra 1080p patches as well as 4k ones. I think I'll crumble and buy a Scorpio.

Where is everyone?

"Microsoft will use Forza 7, Battlefront 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 to showcase 4K on 'Project Scorpio' Xbox (exclusive)"

http://www.windowscentral.com/forza-motorsport-7-4k-project-scorpio-xbox

This barely qualifies as "news". Forza 7 was leaked weaks ago, and MS themselves stated their own IPs wil be native 4k on Scorpio.

Concerning RDR2 and BF2 the article sais:

The list includes some fairly obvious games, such as "Call of Duty", FIFA, and Madden, but also Battlefront 2, and Red Dead Redemption 2. It seems that each of these games will appear on Project Scorpio with a 4K resolution.

Battlefront 2 is effectively a no-brainer, considering the representatives of the game's developer, DICE, appeared in the trailer for Project Scorpio at E3 2016. But Red Dead Redemption 2 is a little less expected, and should prove a huge boost to the console's third-party credibility.

So, basically they say RDR2 will run on Scorpio (well, DUH?). If they can hit native 4k all the time, or use some 4kish resolution / techniques, still remains to be seen.

icespide

Banned
future RDR2 DF breakdown:

Scorpio: Native 4k, the most grass
PS4 Pro: Checkerboard 4k, slightly less grass
PS4: 1080p, grass
Xbox One S: 900p, barely any grass

Xbox One S has the most consistent frame rate of all versions

R aka Bon

This barely qualifies as "news". Forza 7 was leaked weaks ago, and MS themselves stated their own IPs wil be native 4k on Scorpio.

So, basically they say RDR2 will run on Scorpio (well, DUH?). If they can hit native 4k all the time, or use some 4kish resolution / techniques, still remains to be seen.

I'm not sure what you mean 100%, but this is what the article starts of with anyway:

We recently received a partial list of planned 4K titles for the next Xbox, dubbed "Project Scorpio," and we're now able to fully confirm its authenticity.

That's why that rumored bit of extra RAM is awesome. 4K native res without 4K assets won't look drastically better than 4K checkerboarding, but 4K native res with 4K assets should look very nice, IMO, and that extra RAM will get it there.

It will be interesting to see how those high end assets are packaged

Who leaked Forza 7?

We all know it's an obvious showcase title but I'd be interested in what the leak says.

Would it make a difference in your purchase?

Destiny's optimization will be a big deal to me. I am really hoping they will bake it in and have tried to optimize it from the beginning versus updating it after the game comes out.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

lol wow

He is talking about a list of native 4k games on Scorpio, he worked to confirm that list and now he is reporting the games on this list.

Curious that on a podcast before he said the list (which was cut) had 4 unannounced games on it, one being Forza 7, Battlefront 2 the other, but that still leaves 2 games, perhaps destiny 2 and another.

MS can still talk about 3rd party games and their Scorpio benefits, they just can't run any official ads and stuff.

Major Nelson and Co will be working overtime soon with the 4K hype lol!

MS can still talk about 3rd party games and their Scorpio benefits, they just can't run any official ads and stuff.

Major Nelson and Co will be working overtime soon with the 4K hype lol!
But why Ms has been posting destiny videos on their YouTube channels? Likewise sony did it too with Shadow of Mordor.

I think these market deals are less restrictive this point in the generation.

gus-gus

Banned
Did anyone mention that the console most likely will be at E3 for people to demo. I watched vlog yesterday on youtube that mentioned he was invited to E3 for project Scorpio by Microsoft themselves. Although honestly I don't know if it really confirms a hands on demo, but it seems they're inviting people already.

But why Ms has been posting destiny videos on their YouTube channels? Likewise sony did it too with Shadow of Mordor.

Well the official TV ads probably say the partnered console at the end, not the others. Plus they can do console bundles. Other than that I suppose it's fair game for the most part.

Head.spawn

Am I wrong or Sony has marketing deals for RDR2 and Battlefront?

They have marketing deals, but it's not like we are going to be looking at PS4 footage on our Xbox game listings on their site and on the console.

Missed the "exclusive" part. That's maybe not right?

Rip crackdown
And it naturally includes several first-party titles, such as the aforementioned Forza 7, Crackdown 3, and State of Decay 2. But it also contains a few heavy-hitting, third-party titles.

The list includes some fairly obvious games, such as "Call of Duty", FIFA, and Madden, but also Battlefront 2, and Red Dead Redemption 2. It seems that each of these games will appear on Project Scorpio with a 4K resolution.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Sony has the exclusive marketing rights to Red Dead Redemption 2. Which means Jez is 100% full of shit.

If this doesn't confirm that he isn't pulling things out of his ass, nothing will.

Dabanton

Just give me the best looking RDR2 as possible this is a game that will definetly be helped by HDR etc, I want some night missons and hunting. Lets hope R* goes crazy now they don't have to make PS360 versions of their games

Three Forza Motorsport games in four years and two Horizon releases in between, nothing against the fans, hearing another one on the way for this year doesn't do anything for me to be honest.

Sony has the exclusive marketing rights to Red Dead Redemption 2. Which means Jez is 100% full of shit.

If this doesn't confirm that he isn't pulling things out of his ass, nothing will.
As others have said that doesn't mean MS can't talk about the games and their benefits on Scorpio. They just won't be able to show it until the graphics comparisons

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

The article says:

Our list comes from marketing materials that include titles Microsoft wants to use to exemplify Project Scorpio's six-teraflops (TF), True-4K capabilities. And it naturally includes several first-party titles, such as the aforementioned Forza 7, Crackdown 3, and State of Decay 2. But it also contains a few heavy-hitting, third-party titles.

But obviously that isn't true, because Sony has the exclusive marketing rights and MS can't use RDR 2 for anything Scorpio promo related. Kinda like that Destiny perfume ad MS did back in the day.

So Jez is completely wrong.

JlNX

And Sony has marketing rights and exclusive content for destiny 2, and Microsoft has no destiny 2 trailers on its youtube or twitter. /s

Also Jez has got a lot right about dashboard updates, and other leaks so? he has sources in Microsoft obviously. Really to be honest, your tone speaks a lot more than your proof that Jez is full of shit.

UKUMI0

The marketing deals mostly affect actual advertising (such as TV ads, ads in front of YouTube videos, banners at events like E3, etc) or including those games in advertisements for your console and I think it could be argued that posting trailers on a company YouTube channel is not the same as advertising.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
And Sony has marketing rights and exclusive content for destiny 2, and Microsoft has no destiny 2 trailers on its youtube or twitter. /s

Also Jez has got a lot right about dashboard updates, and other leaks so? he has sources in Microsoft obviously. Really to be honest, your tone speaks a lot more than your proof that Jez is full of shit.

Promo trailers on social channels have never been "blocked" by these deals. See: Sony putting those new Mordor trailers on the PS channel when MS has the exclusive rights, etc. You just can't turn it into a self-promotional tool (ie "Buy Mordor on the PS4 Pro, the most powerful system available now!).

I'm just tired of Jez making assumptions and turning them into non-news stories. You can't really call him out on it since no one really knows what the Scorpio has, but this is the closest its been to being pretty false.

Anticol

Banned

He is saying MS will use RDR2 as a showcase for Scropio on E3, since sony has full marketing rights how are they gonna accomplish that without being able to show any footage of the game during their E3 press conference?

Marketing deals might not all be made equal. Some might be full blackout of the non money hatted console. Others might allow basic promotion only, and official promotion done by said money hatting company.

Something like that. Who the fuck knows. 3rd parties obviously want to sell their games everywhere. If they get promotion by both platform holders and still convince one sucker to pay that has to be even more +EV no?!

Just give me Red Dead Redemption 2 at 60 FPS on the Scorpio, I'll buy the console just for that game. I'm 100% serious, and I have a PS4 Pro and and Xbox One.

Unless the PC version gets announced near release.

Caayn

Just give me Red Dead Redemption 2 at 60 FPS on the Scorpio, I'll buy the console just for that game. I'm 100% serious, and I have a PS4 Pro and and Xbox One.

Unless the PC version gets announced near release.
60fps, aye.

But I worry that most devs will, once again, opt for more pretties instead of fluidity. Especially if the CPU will be a Jaguar on steroids.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Marketing deals might not all be made equal. Some might be full blackout of the non money hatted console. Others might allow basic promotion only, and official promotion done by said money hatting company.

Something like that. Who the fuck knows. 3rd parties obviously want to sell their games everywhere. If they get promotion by both platform holders and still convince one sucker to pay that has to be even more +EV no?!

Eh, when the official PR says

Rockstar is set to return with Red Dead Redemption 2, the latest entry in the Red Dead series of games. And there’s no better place to play it than PlayStation.

I doubt they'll allow MS to promote how good the game looks on Scorpio, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom