• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Raises Price of 6-month Gold Sub to $59.99 (Up: Policy reversed, prices to stay the same)

Wizz-Art

That's CDKeys. Now, go log onto to Xbox and try to buy a year from Gold from Microsoft.

I've NEVER bought Gold through Xbox when it's cheaper to buy from sites like CDKeys and the point still stands, if you want to buy a year of gold nothing is stopping you, I even provided you a link.

MistBreeze

what do people expect ??

they can not let u play games for free.. they pay to bring 3rd party games to gamepass

the games cost them money to develop from their 1st party

expect sub price increase when their 1st party top games drop on gamepass

they work to take ur money not to give u free games

Microsoft and Sony alike

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I dont see any reason for someone to fake/photoshop this so I am leaning in camp real. Its clearly a way to try and push people towards GPU. I think they will try to spin it a bit by announcing FTP games no longer require gold.

DaGwaphics

I dont see any reason for someone to fake/photoshop this so I am leaning in camp real. Its clearly a way to try and push people towards GPU. I think they will try to spin it a bit by announcing FTP games no longer require gold.

They do need to be free on FTP. Definitely could be real this time, but at this point you'd be an idiot to have an Xbox without GP anyway, so not much difference for Xbox users.

There is no way they stopped selling the 12 month digital codes to retailers months ago, that is still propaganda regardless. LOL

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
They do need to be free on FTP. Definitely could be real this time, but at this point you'd be an idiot to have an Xbox without GP anyway, so not much difference for Xbox users.

There is no way they stopped selling the 12 month digital codes to retailers months ago, that is still propaganda regardless. LOL

THe retail situation on the digital services is always weird to me. I know 6 month GPU cards exist right? I have never seen one in public.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Someone decided to make a video of a smoking XSX. It was very obvious fake - at least to me - but the usual Sony Ponies were eating it up for truth. When confirmation came it was an hoax the usal ponies were not to be seen in that thread ever again. I see the same people in this thread eating it up for truth, console war is serious buisness and after the Hitman 3 DF video many won't stand another cycle of positive Xbox news so I wouldn't say this is true until we get confirmation by MS themselves.
Fair enough. Asking why someone would do something on the internet is a dumb question to ask on my part. People have their reasons.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Maths didn't add up at all for Gamepass and price had to go up or there wouldn't be AAA games on it. Here we are, although the money is taken on Gold for now, which is mostly the same.

Now every Xbox fan will start to pay for Bethesda $7.5 billion buy and it isn't cheap. Power your wallet. You'll need a second job to choose Xbox.

Subscription models don't make much sense in gaming. You end up paying a lot AND never being able to play the games you want when you want.

If you have to be cocky then at least be sure facts suits your post, otherwise you looks like a salty fanboy.

Imagine playing with aim bots and hackers all day.

You don’t pay a whore for sex. You, pay her to leave.

Same idea.

It’s not worth the grief it can cause because it’s “free”.

I met more cheaters on consoles than I do on pc. I hear about aimbot and Wall hacks, yet I never see it.
However, keyboard and mouse on console plus aim assist with Xim...

Getting my cqb crushed because of consoles aim assist so they luck on me while jumping around like idiots.

And no its not because I suck. I play on both pc and ps4 so I know the difference.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Quite shocking how you can just double the price like that. Absolutely despicable stuff.

$120 for MP that has no cost to them. All servers are paid for my third party publishers. MS servers only handle the Xbox store which pays for itself and cloud saves. Same goes for PSN.

Absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe MS is even thinking about this. You just know Sony will follow suit. I am going PC only this gen.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
what do people expect ??

they can not let u play games for free.. they pay to bring 3rd party games to gamepass

the games cost them money to develop from their 1st party

expect sub price increase when their 1st party top games drop on gamepass

they work to take ur money not to give u free games

Microsoft and Sony alike

?? Dont understand your point. You pay for Gold, nothing is free.

xHunter

Confirmed price change:

Going forward, new pricing will be 1-month for $10.99, 3-months for $29.99, and 6-months for $59.99, or your local market equivalent.

It says gold converts 1:1 to game pass ultimate from now? Thats pretty crazy. Key sellers are still selling 12 month cards for 40$ which means they sell 12 mo GPU for 40$. if this is true people need to quickly buy the rest of their stock before they catch on.

Last edited:

Pallas

So it’s true, I’m not sure what they are thinking unless this is some strategy to get more people into Gamepass ultimate. I’m ok with price increases if they are reasonable, this isn’t very reasonable. Will be interesting to see if Sony decides to hike their prices up or stay where they are at.

Im hoping Sony does keep the prices of PS+ the same, and I hope players give Microsoft shit about this ridiculous increase. 6 months shouldn’t be $60.

Redlancet

Banned
I don't care. It's just idiotic to pretend that only Microsoft fans act like their favorite company is their friend. It's very evident on this forum (and even the poster I quoted above) that the Sony fans are just as one-eyed.
As i said before, there are fanbases and there is cultist, are you butthurt son? Because this thread is about of Microsoft not Sony fans

Pretty shitty thing for M$ to do . I have little to no interest in gamepass but did usually buy an xbl gold year or every 18 months or so. But I almost never play online with xbox anymore , will probably just play single player stuff if I do get an xsx.

Last edited:
They need to get money for... umm... that awesome SmartDelivery™ 🤣 Subsidizing GamePass :messenger_weary::messenger_ok:
Just the kind of pro-consumerism xbox fans always wanted.
They love to bleed from the ass.
period GIF

Hope Sony won't follow suit... happy with my Black Friday/Days of Play PS+ prices.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just buy Xbox cards.

I've never auto-renewed. Not only do I not want to bother remembering, but auto-renewing anything is usually at a bumped up price.

I just buy Costco cards or Costco online codes (same price as store) a couple years at a time at $60 cdn. They used to have them on deal for $45-50.

I also dont want my credit card on my profile so I just buy Xbox dollars from Costco too which is $45 for a $50 card/code. Just load up when you need to. Online codes are sent within 24 hours.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
it's easy to see that they want y to buy gamepass instead of gold ..gpulti is worth Every penny ..gold isn't

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Confirmed price change:

Going forward, new pricing will be 1-month for $10.99, 3-months for $29.99, and 6-months for $59.99, or your local market equivalent.

GOOD GOD!!!! This is bad for the console industry.

MonarchJT

Banned
honestly as owner of both platform ..who would stay just with gold on xbox ? the ultimate offering is so overwhelmingly superior that the only valid reason for getting Gold was for the conversion trick.

Top Bottom