• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X constrained by 'must also work on Xbox One' decree

DaMonsta

On what? PC ports of games designed for current gen consoles? PC games would look a hell of a lot different right now if the minimum spec was 8 cores/16 threads and a fast SSD.
We have examples of PC games built for that spec right now.

I’m not sure why you assume that hardware needs to be put in a games console in order for it to exist.

A.Romero

I don't think scalability works across gens. I hope it's no true. I want next gen experiences, no compromises. There is a billions-sized market willing to pay, it would be pretty idiotic.

Pimpbaa

We have examples of PC games built for that spec right now.

I’m not sure why you assume that hardware needs to be put in a games console in order for it to exist.

Like Star Citizen which runs like dogshit on anything but an SSD? New consoles always raise the minimum requirements of PC games because they become the newest lowest common denominator. Doesn't stop some PC only developer from making a game before that that targets only 8 cores+ and a SSD, but that does greatly limit their audience.

DaMonsta

Like Star Citizen which runs like dogshit on anything but an SSD? New consoles always raise the minimum requirements of PC games because they become the newest lowest common denominator. Doesn't stop some PC only developer from making a game before that that targets only 8 cores+ and a SSD, but that does greatly limit their audience.
“Runs like dogshit” =/= to does not work, or holds the game back.

Cutting edge games almost always “run like shit” on old hardware. That’s the reason we upgrade.

Consoles are not the lowest common denominator especially at launch.

Pimpbaa

“Runs like dogshit” =/= to does not work, or holds the game back.

Cutting edge games almost always “run like shit” on old hardware. That’s the reason we upgrade.

Consoles are not the lowest common denominator especially at launch.

It might as well not work because no one is going to want a game on current gen systems that runs like Star Citizen does on less than recommended hardware. And thus a very poor example of scalability.

Lowest common denominator not at launch, new consoles do experience a very brief moment of graphic superiority but that moment gets shorter with each gen it seems. Also, in cases of next gen only (and PC) exclusives, consoles specs DO become the minimum spec or at least the minimum recommended spec. Anyone with say a 4-core/8-thread cpu, gefore 1070, and no SSD is going to have very rough time running next gen console game ports (although no problem with cross gen titles).

DaMonsta

It might as well not work because no one is going to want a game on current gen systems that runs like Star Citizen does on less than recommended hardware. And thus a very poor example of scalability.
If the star citizen devs wanted to optimize for a single closed spec, they could improve performance, and plenty of console games play at 720p sub 30fps. In fact some of the most beloved console games run at “dogshit” levels.

Lowest common denominator not at launch, new consoles do experience a very brief moment of graphic superiority but that moment gets shorter with each gen it seems. Also, in cases of next gen only (and PC) exclusives, consoles specs DO become the minimum spec or at least the minimum recommended spec. Anyone with say a 4-core/8-thread cpu, gefore 1070, and no SSD is going to have very rough time running next gen console game ports (although no problem with cross gen titles).
At launch is what this topic is about. Old hardware is phased out as it no longer can meet the artistic and economic needs of developers. Not just because consoles launch.

Kumomeme

Y

You are not getting a Ryzen 2 desktop CPU in next gen consoles. Lower power consumption, smaller cache. Basically mobile variants.
if i not mistaken, it variant of dekstop cpu tailored for console..well we didnt have proper leak all this time...but atleast better than jaguar

Grinchy

Banned
This PR spin was so brilliant that you now have fans arguing that a 7 year increase in hardware makes no significant difference all to justify just one year of not having first party software that will take advantage of it.

When that year is up, and first party XSX software is no longer supported on last gen hardware, will we see them arguing that MS is being dumb by not "downscaling" their games anymore?

At some point you have to see this reality for what it is. The first year only has cross gen enhanced first party titles that are just Xbone games. And that's not the end of the world. All this talk of scalability and standard SSDs making no significant difference....it's all pointless. All of that dies the second MS is able to finally get their real next gen software out.

Pimpbaa

If the star citizen devs wanted to optimize for a single closed spec, they could improve performance, and plenty of console games play at 720p sub 30fps. In fact some of the most beloved console games run at “dogshit” levels.

I'm sure they could optimize it just fine for next gen consoles. Current gen? That would be an impossible task or a completely different game. Also I don't think current gen consoles would appreciate 720p sub 30fps. Even on the Switch that sucks unless you are playing in portable mode.

At launch is what this topic is about. Old hardware is phased out as it no longer can meet the artistic and economic needs of developers. Not just because consoles launch.

No this thread is about MS constraining developers by forcing them to make their games crossgen. And this isn't just for launch. Also old hardware gets phased out a lot quicker when new consoles launch (again because of the next gen only games).

DaMonsta

I'm sure they could optimize it just fine for next gen consoles. Current gen? That would be an impossible task or a completely different game. Also I don't think current gen consoles would appreciate 720p sub 30fps. Even on the Switch that sucks unless you are playing in portable mode.
Don’t know about impossible. We already have examples of people playing the game on pretty low spec hardware.

No this thread is about MS constraining developers by forcing them to make their games crossgen. And this isn't just for launch. Also old hardware gets phased out a lot quicker when new consoles launch (again because of the next gen only games).
No it’s not. Who said that?

Last edited:

Shmunter

Conversation is going in circles with some shooting from the hip without even doing a second of homework on what next gen is proposing to bring forth...

Probably best for some to see this video on the potential of a closed system SSD. Need to highlight POTENTIAL as we don’t have the systems in our hands yet. Suffice it to say, MS and Sony is touting the ssd solution as a direct memory access layer, not a mere traditional hard drive storage alternative....

If indeed the solution is as proposed then this video is a good indicator of next gen....

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

Don’t know about impossible. We already have examples of people playing the game on pretty low spec hardware.

We do? How low? What resolutions and framerate? And does it stutter like shit like it supposedly does on anything less than a SSD. The default 5400rpm hard drives in current consoles alone might make it damn near impossible add to that the terrible jaguar cores.

The OP.

Kumomeme

Again, which devs? quote them.

"You want the honest truth? This machine is not so strong as you think," "This is like a five-year-old PC. If consoles were as powerful as PCs are today, you would see all different games. Most of the work developers put out there is to make them work on consoles."-Joes Fares, founder of Hazelight talk about ps4 from interview with endgadget

If you follow the gaming news atlest 7 years ago, you will read atleast few of these articles quoting devs concern.

From what I can see one of the most popular and advanced 360 games GTAV, is also one of the most advanced and popular X1 games.

Are you saying, gta v is a prove that devs didnt get held back? Seriously? That game hailed as technical achievement due to how they managed to achieved the visual despite oudated hardware.Devs are constrained by console specs especially 256mb of memory.GTA V is crossgen. It developed with ps360 baseline from beginning. Why there are not Red Dead Redemption 2 on ps360?

here i quoted Dice developers regarding battlefield 3, in interview with geforce site:

"Do you feel the consoles are holding PC games back?
Yes, absolutely. That's the biggest problem we have today. Most games are actually still based on the same core idea that the consoles are your focus, the superior platform or something. I don't know why. That was the truth 5 years ago, but the world has moved on. PCs are way more powerful than the consoles today and there are actually almost zero games out there that actually use the benefits of this. So for our target of what we want to hit, we are now using the more powerful platform to try and prove what we see gaming being in the future rather than using the lowest common denominator, instead of developing it for the consoles and then just adding higher resolution textures and anti-aliasing for the PC version. We're do it the other way around, we start with the highest-end technology that we can come up with and then scale it back to the consoles.

there more if you have time to do some research but it almost 10 years ago story though.

Sony and Microsoft aimed to not over drag generations by releasing mid gen refreshes and making this gen longer?

How does that work?

bruh..you didnt follow much of news isnt it? if you follow tons of gaming news backthen 6-7 years ago, you definitely stumbled upon this...console manufacturer understand devs concern and they indeed saying to didnt want drag the gen much. However, mid gen refresh is additional scenario that both ms and sony didnt counted during early gen.But all this talk count as early gen where never before in previous generation,mid gen refresh never being done.And yes, it happened this gen. Thanks to mid gen refresh, unlike previous gen, the console life get extended... they indeed drag the life cycle as they actually intend to. We might hear different story if both ps3 and 360 also had mid gen refresh.PS3 pro, Xbox 360 X with 2gb ram and updated gpu for example like Wii U specs.

Moreover, tech experts like Square Enix's Julien Merceron have gone on record with GamesIndustry International to note that this generation "has been way too long." He called out Microsoft and Sony for dragging the console cycle into its eigth year as the "biggest mistake they ever made."

I repeat.There more if you have time to do some research but it almost 10 years ago story though.

Just cause you repeat something doesn’t make it true.

you demand answer of things I already answered and i repeat the same answer over and over again but you keep saying said it not true probably because it didnt go to your liking? no offense but from what i see probably you only backdown if i said something positive about how xbox one didnt held back generation eventhough i just make things up. Go watch digitalfoundry analysis of how ssd benefit next gen on youtube for starting.I'm not gonna feed everything.Feel free to call those video not true or what ever.And watch their analysis for Star Citizen.It fun to watch though.

FYI in jason schreicer( if i remembered correctly) had stated that most of devs he interview didnt like of the idea. Dont said what they think not true at all.

“Elaborate stuff” is not an answer. Especially when we have real world examples on the market right now. You gotta explain the abstract.

abstract? even if i explain the abstract you would demand me to explain stuff until it satisfying your interest.Nope im wont repeat again.I wasting my time, type lengthy elaboration.I already give example and quote such as shadow of mordor 360 port in DF, df analysis video i said above, etc. I wont feed everything.Do your research instead of questioning people..i give example all left is bit effort from there.I done my part and here im play my part as i relay those information. Do yours.No matter how i explain, with evidence, quote you just will demand it over and over again.Here i just helped, summarize, explain things for everyone.

You have to be speaking exclusively Sony
as all other devs will be making games that scale to a large variety of hardware.

Did i ever speaking exclusively sony? did i? show me which part of my sentence.From what i see, you are the one speaking exclusively for MS, because i disagree their decision.

In every thread, each time someone voice their opinion against MS,I see immedietly that guy will be branded as 'Sony fans'.
Please brother, dont be like this. i believe Cyberpunk wont event run decent on base ps4.Atleast that version will have decent resolution compare to x1 due to extra around 40% tf but thats all.I really excited for both ps5 and xbsx..gamepass is awesome and hope for phill spencer doing great next gen.Competition benefit consumer.I want next gen game will be wild awesome, didnt held back by last gen. I want to see both company first party studio games.HZD2, Halo, Gears etc.

Last edited:
Show me those 720p sub 30fps games on the PS4, they don't exist (there may be one, but I can't find it)... and if a AAA game is released in this state and it's badged "cross gen" it would prove you wrong would it not?
The whole point is that some features may not be implemented because of the mandate, you can argue until your face is red, lower the bar for what's acceptable (it's already pretty low on the xbone)... etc. but right now this is all speculation, and people gave you many examples and reasons why it was actually the case, it doesn't matter that many games will be just fine, or even that 90+% of games would meet usual performance target for their hardware, we just need one game that requires an order of magnitude of computational/IO bandwidth and you will be proven wrong... even your own argument lies in the idea that this game could never come in the first few months for whatever reason.

S0ULZB0URNE

Conversation is going in circles with some shooting from the hip without even doing a second of homework on what next gen is proposing to bring forth...

Probably best for some to see this video on the potential of a closed system SSD. Need to highlight POTENTIAL as we don’t have the systems in our hands yet. Suffice it to say, MS and Sony is touting the ssd solution as a direct memory access layer, not a mere traditional hard drive storage alternative....

If indeed the solution is as proposed then this video is a good indicator of next gen....

Kumomeme

Thanks for sharing this...I recommended people to watch this video.

onQ123

I wouldn't worry about this as far as graphics go , I only worry about this when it come to new gameplay ideas but I don't really think devs will push the envelop even without being held to Xbox One specs.

DaMonsta

If you follow the gaming news atlest 7 years ago, you will read atleast few of these articles quoting devs concern.

Are you saying, gta v is a prove that devs didnt get held back? Seriously? That game hailed as technical achievement due to how they managed to achieved the visual despite oudated hardware.Devs are constrained by console specs especially 256mb of memory.GTA V is crossgen. It developed with ps360 baseline from beginning. Why there are not Red Dead Redemption 2 on ps360?

here i quoted Dice developers regarding battlefield 3, in interview with geforce site:

The dice quote was said as they were working on a cross gen game.

You can’t post their quote and not acknowledge that they were able to make a cross gen game that took advantage of new hardware and still worked on last gen. Besides that battlefield was already a very different game on consoles than PC. So please explain how the existence of x360 held back battlefield? Seems devs figured out a long time ago how to support a large range of hardware.

Your morridor example is the same. The old gen game exists, yet the new gen version was able to innovate and push new hardware.

So again how did the existence of the old gen version hold back the new one?

Your square enix quote isn’t about games development, or anything being held back. He’s talking about in a business sense. At that time it was thought consoles were failing and the thought was a new generation would bring new excitement and opportunities. That quote has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I say you are only talking about Sony because they will be the only devs not making cross gen games. All other devs will be making games for a wide range of hardware. Therefore Sony’s games should easily prove your theory.

DaMonsta

We do? How low? What resolutions and framerate? And does it stutter like shit like it supposedly does on anything less than a SSD. The default 5400rpm hard drives in current consoles alone might make it damn near impossible add to that the terrible jaguar cores.

The OP.
Star Citizen Minimum System Requirements
Memory – 16GB
Graphics Card – AMD Radeon R5 M330
CPU – Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000
Storage – 40GB
Operating System – Windows 7 64 bit, Service Pack 1 or higher

And where does the op say anything about Microsoft forcing devs to make cross gen games?

DaMonsta

Show me those 720p sub 30fps games on the PS4, they don't exist (there may be one, but I can't find it)... and if a AAA game is released in this state and it's badged "cross gen" it would prove you wrong would it not?
Late and cross gen games always run like shit on consoles. I remember trying watch dogs on PS3 and it was terrible. Or the aforementioned GTAV ran bad on last gen. Currently games like control and RDR2 have terrible performance.

How would it prove me wrong? My only point is that devs will continue to support old hardware until it no longer makes technical or financial sense. That’s how it’s always worked.

The whole point is that some features may not be implemented because of the mandate, you can argue until your face is red, lower the bar for what's acceptable (it's already pretty low on the xbone)... etc. but right now this is all speculation, and people gave you many examples and reasons why it was actually the case, it doesn't matter that many games will be just fine, or even that 90+% of games would meet usual performance target for their hardware, we just need one game that requires an order of magnitude of computational/IO bandwidth and you will be proven wrong... even your own argument lies in the idea that this game could never come in the first few months for whatever reason.
Like I said when the games release. Sony will be the only dev release next gen only games. Those improvements should be glaring and exclusive to Sony games.
“Microsoft forcing devs to make cross gen games”

Two very different things. This was never a claim of Microsoft. Don’t know where you guys pulled that from.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Kumomeme

The dice quote was said as they were working on a cross gen game.

You can’t post their quote and not acknowledge that they were able to make a cross gen game that took advantage of new hardware and still worked on last gen. Besides that battlefield was already a very different game on consoles than PC. So please explain how the existence of x360 held back battlefield? Seems devs figured out a long time ago how to support a large range of hardware.

dont ignore the dice devs quote saying clearly that console held back game development..it stated clear there...wether the devs later managed to optimized or no is another story...dont forget because they cant abandoned 360/ps3 is the reason they still optimize it.And there i give quote from founder A Way Out developers there.With stronger baseline, they can raise the bar higher.Devs 'figure' it but there still limitation to it.As i said, 'scale' not a magic slider.

here quote from crytek boss if you still not satisfied:

"As long as the current console generation exists and as long as we keep pushing the PC as well, the more difficult it will be to really get the benefit of both",

"[The] PC is easily a generation ahead right now. With 360 and PS3, we believe the quality of the games beyond Crysis 2 and other CryEngine developments will be pretty much limited to what their creative expressions is, what the content is. You won't be able to squeeze more juice from these rocks"-Crytek boss Cervat Yerli answering Edge magazine interview.

Your morridor example is the same. The old gen game exists, yet the new gen version was able to innovate and push new hardware.

So again how did the existence of the old gen version hold back the new one?

you dont understand the shadow of mordor example...360 had gimped version of nemesis system.Why?search for your heart, you know it true.
you keep asking for quote but dont ignore DF quote that i quoted regarding the nemesis system on 360 end up.

Your square enix quote isn’t about games development, or anything being held back. He’s talking about in a business sense. At that time it was thought consoles were failing and the thought was a new generation would bring new excitement and opportunities. That quote has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Julies mceron is technical director...he previously overseer fox engine and even luminous studio..he there talk about agni philosophy tech demo and the interview is focusing on technical stuff why on earth he would suddenly talk about bussiness perspective?.. here full quote of the interview in the link(you can read it..lot of interesting stuff) i gave:

This generation has been way too long, and I say this because you have a lot of developers that work on a new platform, and perhaps will not succeed, so they will wait for the next generation, and will jump on that platform. You could not do that with this generation though. So these developers went elsewhere to see if the grass was greener. They found web browsers, they found iOS, they found other things and a lot of them won't come back to the hardware platforms. So you could look at it that thanks to Microsoft and Sony and the length of this generation, it helped the emergence of other platforms and helped them get strong before the next hardware comes out.

I say you are only talking about Sony because they will be the only devs not making cross gen games. All other devs will be making games for a wide range of hardware. Therefore Sony’s games should easily prove your theory.

this would not prove i talk 'exclusively for sony' ..i talk on behalf both next gen console including xbsx, on concern of ms first party get held up by old console.They are currently out there aquiring studio. Also because they(insomniac for example.) only devs openly spoke up about certain benefit of hardware like SSD..im gladly to quote other devs including ms devs if there are ..well ofcourse they didnt have to concern of weaker ps4..i hope ms first party devs also will be alleviated by this concern.I also mention other developers there.Dont forget, other multiplat devs out there also didnt have the constraint..they could abandon ps4 and xb1 when they feel not relevant,once both console (ps5/xbsx) sales reached certain figure.Only reason they might keep support ps4/xb1 as how it happened with ps360 is due to large install base and with both ps5/xbsx launch, it will speed up ssd adoption for pc users.Sooner or later it will be new standard.Thats why i said, look for pc requirement when talk about 'scale'.None of those game on pc had min pc requirement of intel atom and hd7790/r240 at first place.Requirement are increase, at this gen cpu core requirement increase to 4, and from DF analysis of RDR2 its forecasted that 6 core would be minimum.With ssd in console, it would raise the bar higher..ssd priced are predicted to fall down more..we can see in 2-3 years perhaps.

Last edited:

Heinrich

Banned
Are they free to dev for Series X? Do we have confirmation MS will have a specific XSX area in the storefront, as well as Series X retail boxes? There was no freedom for OneX exclusives I presume, how do we know this will be different with MS?

I’m still at a loss how MS is planning all this, and why their console naming convention seems to be almost counter generational.

Yes. This is 10000000000000% confirmed. Devs are allowed to develop games that do not work on Xbox one (x)

it’s True. It’s confirmed. For non-Xbox studios.
Xbox studios are allowed to do the same but it must be released after 12 months of series X release.
What exactly is so hard to get about this?
Also, one X was a Midgen refresh.

Shmunter

Yes. This is 10000000000000% confirmed. Devs are allowed to develop games that do not work on Xbox one (x)

it’s True. It’s confirmed. For non-Xbox studios.
Xbox studios are allowed to do the same but it must be released after 12 months of series X release.
What exactly is so hard to get about this?
Also, one X was a Midgen refresh.
There’s nothing hard to get about it if it’s been confirmed. I tend to keep my fingers on the pulse and I’ve simply missed the confirmation, nothing nefarious. Would be highly displeased if it were not confirmed as it would hold back 3rd party on other systems too..

I welcome pointer to confirmation for my own reading please.

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
There’s nothing hard to get about it if it’s been confirmed. I tend to keep my fingers on the pulse and I’ve simply missed the confirmation, nothing nefarious. Would be highly displeased if it were not confirmed as it would hold back 3rd party on other systems too..

I welcome pointer to confirmation for my own reading please.

The interview where that info originated from wasn't even about Xbox Series X. Matt Booty was asked about Xbox One first party support in the future and he said that they are aware that people may have just bought an SAD or a One X and they will ensure that they will keep supporting them with games for the next year or two. That interview was made at X019 in November.

“As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices,” Booty explains. “We want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and [Series X] that they feel that they made a good investment and that we’re committed to them with content.”

Nothing was ever said that suggested third parties would need to do the same. In fact third party games will all be multiplatform by default, as with every new console generation. You want to sell your games to 150 million people instead of 10 million.

Shmunter

The interview where that info originated from wasn't even about Xbox Series X. Matt Booty was asked about Xbox One first party support in the future and he said that they are aware that people may have just bought an SAD or a One X and they will ensure that they will keep supporting them with games for the next year or two. That interview was made at X019 in November.

“As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices,” Booty explains. “We want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and [Series X] that they feel that they made a good investment and that we’re committed to them with content.”

Nothing was ever said that suggested third parties would need to do the same. In fact third party games will all be multiplatform by default, as with every new console generation. You want to sell your games to 150 million people instead of 10 million.

10000000000000% confirmed!!

You mean, 3rd party mandate has not been confirmed in any way. Sheeesh, got me excited for nothing with the 10000000000000% hyperbole.

Journey

Banned
I like how this has blown up based on a single comment from MS to continue supporting old hardware, which should be positive news, lest we forget the outrage when Xbox 360 was launching and everyone was going bananas about how we can't trust MS since they essentially abandon their loyal gamers and force them to move to new hardware.

I don't think it matters what they announce, had they said the complete opposite, I'm sure there would be outrage about abandoning their brand or some other made up concern.

But here's an important question... why isn't anyone talking about Godfall? we don't have any visual proof of any games getting constrained, yet we have gameplay of a PS5 only title that looks constrained :goog_unsure:

Last edited:

Kumomeme

But here's an important question... why isn't anyone talking about Godfall? we don't have any visual proof of any games getting constrained, yet we have gameplay of a PS5 only title that looks constrained :goog_unsure:

its actually an old footage of the game, prebuild unoptimized version of it for the studio's milestone progress review...if i not mistaken

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
But here's an important question... why isn't anyone talking about Godfall?

Second or third time in the thread you throw the same hook ;). So yeah, some people are talking about the game that supposedly proofs exclusives do not matter, etc... thanks to internally leaked old test footage.

Somehow I think that for some reason 12-24 months from now these some people will mysteriously be all hyped up about exclusives and their game changing properties on XSX and Lockhart, not long to have to keep this position for 😅.

Matt_Fox

When next gen gaming is with us I'm hoping - and I suspect most of us on Neogaf are hoping - that comments like "this simply wouldn't have been possible on past gen!" become the norm.

Really this thread is about being unshackled from the past. It's going to be a massively exciting time to be a gamer, and it still feels like such a long wait... but it's coming!

Journey

Banned
its actually an old footage of the game, prebuild unoptimized version of it for the studio's milestone progress review...if i not mistaken

Second or third time in the thread you throw the same hook ;). So yeah, some people are talking about the game that supposedly proofs exclusives do not matter, etc... thanks to internally leaked old test footage.

Somehow I think that for some reason 12-24 months from now these some people will mysteriously be all hyped up about exclusives and their game changing properties on XSX and Lockhart, not long to have to keep this position for 😅.

I don't think you understood my point, and I spoke about this on another thread complaining about the same issue. When the PS3 launched (and I bring up the PS3 because it had a complex architecture) it had quite a few games that were programmed specifically with the PS3 in mind, no cross gen in the mix, yet the games were completely underwhelming.

Gundam Crossfire had to be the worse looking PS3 of all time, and understandably because it was a launch title and the team was probably dealing with floating, non-finalized specs, so my point is, during the first year or so of the launch of new console and a transition period between an old and new generation, games will have a visual upgrade over the last gen, but nowhere the significance that we will see with 2nd generation games, it's been a theme for all launches "Just wait until 2nd generation games and you'll really see what this new system is capable of".

So why are we so worried about 1st generation games being built from the ground up on PS5 or XseriesX? Does it guarantee that the game will look miles better than a game that was built to scale?

That's why I bring both GodFall and Gundam Crossfire, not to knock on the PS3 or PS5 or claim that an exclusive won't have its benefits, but to explain how trivial this whole argument is, being exclusive to the new generation doesn't guarantee the best visuals and often times games still look horrible, more importantly its attributed to the talent of the developer. When Godfall looks like it could have been made on PS4 as well, the excuse is that its unfinished, but if Halo Infinite doesn't look like a generation leap, then the same is not considered, even if some of the detail shown is mighty impressive and definitely not possible on Xbox One.

Gundam Crossfire could've easily been made on the PS2 as well, and GodFall could've easily been made on the PS4 as well, so why waste that opportunity during the transition? 2nd generation XSX games will be fully exclusive, aften launch titles don't take full advantage anyway and probably because this practice was already in place before, except not vocalized.

mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20061103075356558.jpg

godfall-ps5-pc-announced-5-04c7.jpg

Top Bottom