• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X launches Nov 10 for $499. Pre orders start Sep 22nd.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
As expected. $399 was never realistic, $599 would be DOA.

Let's see what Sony does. They really have to be at $499 too I think, and $399 for the DE (which will make that look like a REALLY good deal next to the XSS).

NullZ3r0

Banned
This combo gonna fuck shit up this holiday. I can see a black box and a white one. Both looking clean as hell on the shelves.
Imagine Sony announce the PS5 at 399$
With Jim Ryan spouting "value" I highly doubt it. They'd be taking a massive hit.

Last edited:

Troozi

£250/£450 seems pretty strong from Microsoft, considering how powerful it is.

You imagine Sony will try to undercut them on the standard PS5 now, could it be as low as £400.

I personally want the digital only PS5, and I could be tempted with the Series S with gamepass... if they realise any games that interest me.

BigLee74

More expensive than the PS3 at launch here. Interesting how people had prepared themselves for a higher price and so the £449 price seems good!

OK, PS3 was 13 years ago, and was what? £430?

The Xbox one was 449, the X1X was 449, and now the XSX is 449. Nice and consistent, but this time they are releasing a VERY impressive machine.
I'm more than happy with the price!

As an Australian, let me be the first to say: ouch... that’s about $100 higher than I was expecting. A $500 budget console?

Legit question--would it be cheaper for you to import from the United States than to purchase new in your country? Or is this just the exchange rate between US$ and AUS$ f*****g things up?

Sony

Nintendo
Wait a minute:

That’s all with no upfront costs and a low monthly price. Xbox Series S will be available starting from $24.99 a month for 24 months and Xbox Series X will be available starting from $34.99 a month for 24 months.
That means:
Series S All Acces Program = 24*25 = 600 USD
Series S Standalone + Game Pass Ultimate 2 years = 299 + (24*15) = 659
Series X All Acces Program = 35*25 = 875 USD
Series X Standalone + Game Pass Ultimate 2 years = 499 + (24*15) = 859

If you buy a Series X through All Acces, it's 16 USD cheaper than standalone
If you buy a Series S though All Acces, it's 59 USD cheaper

That's amazing value. GamePass is a no brainer.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
November 10th yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

ManaByte

No. Most were saying 499

Just one thread of many where people were rubbing their crouches with glee at the idea of a $599 Series X:

ManaByte

Wait a minute:

That means:

All Access has always been cheaper than buying the console outright, but concern trolls like to do things like claim that GamePass is "interest" to downplay the value.

longdi

Banned
As expected. $399 was never realistic, $599 would be DOA.

Let's see what Sony does. They really have to be at $499 too I think, and $399 for the DE (which will make that look like a REALLY good deal next to the XSS).

Sony has up till 22 Sep to response...
In a normal world, we would get PS5 prices tomorrow.

The longer they try to delay, it may not look good..

tryDEATH

Wait a minute:

That means:

EA Play just got added to GamePass Ultimate for no additional cost making it even a better offer.

Droxcy

And here we go. Good price cannot begin to think what Sony’s thinking do they dare low ball to 450.

Hunnybun

So the $499 Is before sales taxes is it, in the US? If so, what's the actual cost?

The £449 in the UK is the actual retail price, so it's £375 before taxes compare to $499, which seems pretty good tbh.

Andodalf

Banned
Will All access help or hurt my credit score? I basically have no score at the moment, never had a loan or real payment plan before.

Last edited:
Wait a minute:

That means:

It is great value as long as:
  • You would want to have Game Pass Ultimate for those 24 months anyway. Some people would, some people wouldn't.
  • There are no great Game Pass Ultimate deals going around (like the month for $1 options etc).
it really depends on what you want - but if you are someone who wants it all then yep it is amazing deal.

On a tangent - I don't know who MS partner with in the US but over here in the UK they use Klarna. I've used Klarna a couple of times and they have been fine for me, but it is probably worth knowing you are dealing with a third party too.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Very very good price for the hardware, trying building a pc equivalent for that, you have zero chance of getting anywhere near it.

If only they had the quality of games the ps5 has.

Looking forward to the ps5 reveal now. $399 for that diskless and its a homerun.

Fuz

Banned
Honestly surprised at the price, they must be losing some money on this.
Came here to post this.
They're probably thinking more of a "service" than "a piece of hardware".

Really didn't expect it to be so low. Sony is in trouble now.

Last edited:

CouzinD

Christ, Australia. Get bitten alive by the worst creatures known to humanity, and pay out of their arses for Xbox's.

Poor Bastards.

BootsLoader

Banned
The price is exactly as I thought. From the start I knew that neither company could afford a higher price than 499$. That’s the limit.

Adam_802

Great price, with this and the EA access news today its hard to justify a PS over an Xbox now if you're not into weeb Souls games and that spiderman expansion :messenger_tears_of_joy: People gonna be salty

Roufianos

£50 less than I expected so kudos to MS. Not even remotely interested at this point though, never thought I'd see a console launch without a major 1st party exclusive.

Jayjayhd34

Will All access help or hurt my credit score? I basically have no score at the moment, never had a loan or real payment plan before.

Your credit score should be reasonable then you will have one, everyone starts of with one and either gets higher lower. Having credit in the past isn't the only factor. Having a bank account with good income coming in is just as important. If you do put it through your score will go down few points at first even if declined or accepted but as long as you pay it of it your score will improve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom