• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Thomson Laser Replacement work for CD-r?

Piper Az

I'm thinking of getting a Thomson laser for my Xbox since it can't read games, DVDs, or any burned music cds. Does anyone know if the new laser replacement would allow me to read cd-R (i.e. burned music cds)? I'm thinking of ordering one from llamma.

Thanks!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
You need to do some research at Xbox-scene about the different drives. If you're saying that you had a Thompson and you want to put a newer laser in...that won't cut it. Certain drives are compatible with certain media....and I think Thompson lasers are decent but there may be more to it than that.

Silent Death

lemme get one or two licks
Piper Az said:
I'm thinking of getting a Thomson laser for my Xbox since it can't read games, DVDs, or any burned music cds. Does anyone know if the new laser replacement would allow me to read cd-R (i.e. burned music cds)? I'm thinking of ordering one from llamma.

Thanks!

I have a Thompsons drive, they only read Cd-r and DVd-rs. It will not read any rws, DVD or CD.

Top Bottom