• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 Gamerscore?

Unison

I hate to make a thread about this, but is there any site that lists the required achivements for each 360 game?

The idea of the Gamerscore seems really cool, and I'd really like to take a look what hoops you have to jump through in various games to earn points.

How does the system work exactly? If I understand correctly, each game can give you 1000 pts. max. Does that apply to XBL Arcade games too?

Do games generally give you points for online or offline play?

The total gamerscore is worthless, but it's fun to compare specific achievements with friends.

Why is the total score worthless? Because some games like Madden give out points like candy. A good gamerscore is often more a reflection of what games sombody plays than how good of a gamer they are.

Unison

When you look at someone's score online does it break it down into specific achievements?

How do you find out what the achivements are? Is it in the manual or is it part of the dashboard or something?

SuperPac

Go to xbox.com and log into your passport account. The achievements for any of the games you've played will be listed right there for you to browse.

ZeMMiK

here you have a good example.. klik on the games of this user and you will see a lot.
this achievement thing is bringing new live to the games...xbox user

LakeEarth

Unison said:
When you look at someone's score online does it break it down into specific achievements?

How do you find out what the achivements are? Is it in the manual or is it part of the dashboard or something?
Click the person's name, and there's the normal "make friend", "start audio conversation", and then "compare games". There it'll show which games the other player has, which ones you also have, and the gamerscore for each individual game he owns. Click on the game to see the specific achievements he has. My only problem is that demos give you a 0 in achievements, and it stays in your "game" category even if you delete the demo. So on my list I have 6 Xbox Arcade games with 0's on them even though I don't even own them.

The reason why overall score doesn't matter is because some games give them away like candy, while others have damn near impossible ones to obtain. Quake 4 has an achievement to be first on the leaderboards for every single mode, which is only obtainable if you were playing the game the day BEFORE it came out, by now its probably next to impossible.

Xbox Arcade games only have 200 points to give. So its 15 points to complete 50 survival stages in Hexic and 30 points to complete 1 game in Madden. Complete. Not win. Complete! :lol

crunker99

you can see that achievments for each game when you are playing them, just opeon up the xbox window, select your gamercard then select gamerscore it will show u the achievemetns for the game u palying

I think over time the "candy" achievements will go away. I don't think the developers really put a lot of thought into them the first go-round. Over time I think they will get smarter and the Madden and NBA 2K6 a-cheese-ments will have more thought put behind them. The developers have to be slightly embarassed about it. Even the Live Arcade games did better than them.

Top Bottom