• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 NXE Dashboard Leaked to the Net!!! But theres a problem

MMaRsu

Banned
I didn't sign up for beta..this thread is for the leaked version.

I'd figure somebody will make an official NXE thread tomorrow or something.

voltron

I was hoping us 'leakers' would have had 'accidental-access' to avatars by now.

Ahh well, fingers crossed for tomorrow. I dont wanna get bant! :(

In other news, I fuckin LOVE how the new dash allows you to see so much more of whatever theme you have up. Im using the Fallout 3 theme right now and Im seeing all this cool shit that I didnt even know was in the pictures, because of the old clunk-o-rama dashomatic 1000.

voltron

Fuck me.

I just had RRoD scare. For some reason I just lost net access temporarily. My laptop lost connection to our wireless, and for some reason this also (Im guessing caused my RRoD, until I turned if off and on.

Brakara

TheGreatDave said:
Ever since I got my 120GB hard drive I never had to wait for the titles to refresh on the old dash. With my 20 it took ages...

How long since you got your 120GB drive? Mine was fast when it was new, but the Arcade list became slow as hell the more games/demos/etc. I downloaded to it. The new dash, on the other hand, is super fast.

To those who installed the leaked version and then got accepted into the preview program: Did you have to re-download the dashboard update or were you just let back onto Live with no update required?

I know it sounds impatient but I'm thinking of installing the leaked version tonight to avoid any potential clusterfuck tomorrow evening when I get back from work (no doubt most of the UKs 360 owners will be logging onto Live around that time as well)

Firehead

Seems the XBL exploit no longer works, for me at least.
Tried clearing the cache and doing it; it now prompts for an update whenever I go back to the dashboard.

Z_Y

PseudoKirby said:
and why wouldnt you at this point? anyone who signed up for the beta of the NXE got an early pass to it

and it comes out this time tommorrow anyway

Because they didn't sign up for the beta and it isn't tomorrow yet?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So it's ok if I just install it today then get the real thing tomorrow? I might get a 120GB HDD today and I want a headstart in installing some games.

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Cdammen said:
So... when does the update hit the net? 00:00 (CET) tonight or sometime in the morning of the 19th?

11:00 according to a post in the other NXE thread but take that information with a big pinch of salt.

Treo360

Firehead said:
Seems the XBL exploit no longer works, for me at least.
Tried clearing the cache and doing it; it now prompts for an update whenever I go back to the dashboard.

Still works for me

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
my fable II save won't load anymore so I caved and got the leak, hoping that installing the game might fix it. *crosses fingers* If not, I'll have to restart and I'll be one sad panda

edit: yep I'm fucked. Fable II save = gone. yay!

dak1dsk1

Banned
"Update?------> Yes please-----> Sorry, you're not connected to LIVE."

Over and over and over. Live Friends say they can see me though? And that I log on and off... Wierd.

Is anybody with the leaked XNE on Live?

Bluth

dak1dsk1 said:
"Update?------> Yes please-----> Sorry, you're not connected to LIVE."

Over and over and over. Live Friends say they can see me though? And that I log on and off... Wierd.

Is anybody with the leaked XNE on Live?

I have the leaked NXE, and that happens to me. I think because we have the leaked version it won't let us connect to Live until they officially release it.

gkryhewy

Wario64 said:
Just picked up a 120gb hdd for $99 at circuit city. Time to install some games.

What's the best way to transfer your saved games and other files from the old HD to the new one?

EDIT: lol, it includes a transfer cable. Genius!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
gkrykewy said:
What's the best way to transfer your saved games and other files from the old HD to the new one?

Using the transfer kit that comes with the HDD, if it comes with it. Fortunately mine did

pr0cs

gkrykewy said:
Wait, some don't?
all the retail kits should come with it. some people have bought drives from Hong kong which done or have done a 'hacked' drive, which obviously doesn't.

zewone

pr0cs said:
all the retail kits should come with it. some people have bought drives from Hong kong which done or have done a 'hacked' drive, which obviously doesn't.
Where can I get one of those?

Kibbles

I'm surprised the avatar update hasn't been leaked... or can updates not be extracted from your xbox 360 like that?

MMaRsu

Banned
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
So...I'm banned from live until tomorrow, so I'm thinking about installing the update so I can play with that at least. Should I go for it?

Why are u banned?

TwIsTeD

Kibbles said:
Hopefully... :lol

it`ll work, think about it this way if all of us "leaked" accounts had full access prior to launch then everyone and their mother would be enjoying the nxe earlier then they wanted, they knew this would happen and they wont drop the ban hammer on anyone or prevent you from updating.....they want your $$$$$

Can someone unplug their harddrive and boot their console. Does it just load the basic things (such as no avatars etc?) or will it not boot all together?

CougRon

Brashnir said:
the drop shadows go to the right on the numbers, but to the left on the G icon.
maybe it's an inset, not a dropshadow... a poorly drawn inset.

Zanboo said:
It's been confirmed by Major Nelson it is just like every other release,

12 am PST, 3 am EST, 8 am GMT
uh, link please? usual release times are 2 am PST...

Susurrus

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
The e-mail I got said because of player feedback. I can only assume people have been hammering me with bad feedback/complaints in Gear 2 for some reason...

Were you one of the 10 year olds shouting "fag" constantly that's so common in XBL? That's probably it if so.

My 360 says that an update was found, but i can't download the update. Connection to Live failed. I tried the Live connection test under the system settings and my connection is fine.

Anyone having the same issues updating a box with the leaked NXE ?

Top Bottom