• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 NXE Dashboard Leaked to the Net!!! But theres a problem

MercuryLS

Banned
I just got done playing 2 hours of horde, got to level 30 and we all got gangbanged by bloodhounds, flamers, boomers and shredders. Thank god for the glitch that gets you online.

MCD

saunderez said:
If we could change the colour I'd be a happy camper. Don't let me down MS.
you can do that with the "night" theme, it will turn to black.

but you will be stuck with the theme's wallpapers which is why i want customize option back.

Deezel

Originally Posted by TheGreatDave:
Ever since I got my 120GB hard drive I never had to wait for the titles to refresh on the old dash. With my 20 it took ages...

Psychotext said:
That's very odd. I have a 360 elite... maybe it had something to do with the transfer process you used.

He is right though, i went from a launch 20Gb HDD (which had 4.5 Gb of the max 13.9Gb somehow missing and unavailable, clearing the cache didnt help) to the 120Gb just this week.

It's made a big difference to my console. Everything in the dash (non-NXE) is so responsive now to how it was, from Achievement lists/Friends list gamer pictures, Games library, the lot. And due to a mistake at the till only cost me £59.99 :D

Really happy i upgraded, Bring on Wednesday!

MCD

fernoca said:
Related to me previous post..
Crappy quality, because the actual cam just died...

*Well, upload failed..so here are the links..none of the sites I use are working right now.. :/ *
Disc inserted: http://img38845.pictiger.com/images/17371529/
Game Details: http://img38845.pictiger.com/images/17371530/

Depending on the game you insert, those 2 images changes..but only when you're connected to Live.
yes but unfortunately old games like ninja gaiden 2 only have a picture on the disc tray while other games like vesperia only have the background image.

and you have older games like doa4 with nothing at all, they really need to update the servers.

you can also see the background images when trying to play downloaded videos (like gears 2 commercial).

raYne

ThePeacemaker02 said:
Shit, now I'm thinking of installing it, Just so I can delete my zero points and install a game.
It's two days. You already waited this long, so what's the big deal?

burgerdog said:
Just tried that "trick" to get the leaked version online and you do indeed get a full-blown picture of the game you're about to play.
saunderez said:
It does when you go into Game Details (by pressing the Y button) when connected to Live.
Good news. :D

fernoca

MCD said:
yes but unfortunately old games like ninja gaiden 2 only have a picture on the disc tray while other games like vesperia only have the background image.

and you have older games like doa4 with nothing at all, they really need to update the servers.

you can also see the background images when trying to play downloaded videos (like gears 2 commercial).
Yup, that's what I said too; depends on the game..heck MK vs DCU is just a day old..and no pictures..
But maybe that's why it needs to be on Live..maybe they'll update more as time goes by..

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
MCD said:

There isn't really a rhyme or reason as to why some games have art and others don't.

For example, Viva Pinata has a background image and box art, where as Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise doesn't have anything.

MCD

cjelly said:
There isn't really a rhyme or reason as to why some games have art and others don't.

For example, Viva Pinata has a background image and box art, where as Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise doesn't have anything.
weird.

maybe they will update more with time as fernoca said.

saunderez

fernoca said:
But maybe that's why it needs to be on Live..maybe they'll update more as time goes by..
They definitely get pulled from Live, obviously some developers or the Live team themselves haven't got around to putting them all up yet. I love the background they chose for Naruto: The Broken Bond, I wish I could use it as a wallpaper.

raYne

cjelly said:

It's a similar case with the themes. Some work, some don't.

Deezel said:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDave:
Ever since I got my 120GB hard drive I never had to wait for the titles to refresh on the old dash. With my 20 it took ages...

He is right though, i went from a launch 20Gb HDD (which had 4.5 Gb of the max 13.9Gb somehow missing and unavailable, clearing the cache didnt help) to the 120Gb just this week.

It's made a big difference to my console. Everything in the dash (non-NXE) is so responsive now to how it was, from Achievement lists/Friends list gamer pictures, Games library, the lot. And due to a mistake at the till only cost me £59.99 :)

Really happy i upgraded, Bring on Wednesday!

Those 4.5 megs are allocated for the xbox to use.

Deezel

PIMPBYBLUD said:
Those 4.5 megs are allocated for the xbox to use.

No, it's a 20Gb drive that has 6.1Gb locked off. 13.9Gb is free for use on a newly formatted drive. Adding up all the items in the memory screen including 'free space' on my 20Gb equalled 8.5Gb. On friends HDD this equalled 13.9Gb :(

So it's actually about 5.4Gb i was missing

DarkCloud

Deezel said:
No, it's a 20Gb drive that has 6.1Gb locked off. 13.9Gb is free for use on a newly formatted drive. Adding up all the items in the memory screen including 'free space' on my 20Gb equalled 8.5Gb. On friends HDD this equalled 13.9Gb :(

So it's actually about 5.4Gb i was missing

Have you installed FFXI or the OXM beta from ages back? If so that may be your problem. Need to uninstall from in the game and the Xbox memory can't see the game files to delete them.

Firehead

DarkCloud said:
Have you installed FFXI or the OXM beta from ages back? If so that may be your problem. Need to uninstall from in the game and the Xbox memory can't see the game files to delete them.
Jeeze, no wonder I had such little space left! I completely forgot I'd installed Final Fantasy XI beta from OXM. Thanks! :D

DarkCloud said:
I uninstalled the demo ages ago, if you had lost the disc would you be quite stuffed?

Kibbles

Online is working great :D I still wish I could use all the other features, but having online play is better than having nothing right now.

Merguson

Banned
People, who needs the glitch? If you were a valid member of the Preview Program who did not get accepted... Major Nelson has announced that the rest of the people who signed up for the Preview Program will get prompted for the NXE... and I downloaded it tonight. For those, enjoy the glitch, for now.

voltron

Merguson said:
People, who needs the glitch? If you were a valid member of the Preview Program who did not get accepted... Major Nelson has announced that the rest of the people who signed up for the Preview Program will get prompted for the NXE... and I downloaded it tonight. For those, enjoy the glitch, for now.

I didnt even get a chance to sign up in time :(

tokkun

voltron said:
I didnt even get a chance to sign up in time :(

Me too. I was refreshing Major Nelson's page all week after the announcement, then they decide to start the sign-up on the weekend when I'm out of town.

Oh well, just 25 more hours (hopefully)

Foxix Von

WHOaaaaa!!!!! The NXE just looks WAY better once your online... I finally figured the sign in glitch out and wow... what a difference! Things have pictures! And there are more colors than just green and silver! Yeesh, they really hold back for nonsubscribers =/

11-17-08_2223.jpg

Live seems to be working fine for multiplayer matches, played a couple of matches in halo. Heres hoping L4D works alright!

burgerdog

Ugh, even though I signed up for it I still CAN'T get the NXE. Is it up for everybody that signed and didn't get accepted into any of the waves?

MoogPaul

burgerdog said:
Ugh, even though I signed up for it I still CAN'T get the NXE. Is it up for everybody that signed and didn't get accepted into any of the waves?

I was signed up for the program, didn't get in in any of the waves, I'm enjoying 30 Rock streaming seamlessly.

burgerdog

MoogPaul said:
I was signed up for the program, didn't get in in any of the waves, I'm enjoying 30 Rock streaming seamlessly.

Did you download the leak by any chance? I wonder if that's cockblocking me.

Nif

burgerdog said:

Stupid question, but did you plug your lan cable in? I unplugged mine when I installed the leaked version, and forgot about it when I tried updating tonight. Worked just fine for me.

burgerdog

Nif said:
Stupid question, but did you plug your lan cable in? I unplugged mine when I installed the leaked version, and forgot about it when I tried updating tonight. Worked just fine for me.

It's plugged in, I get a prompt which asks me to update. It disconnects me after I hit yes and tells me to check my internet connection.

Nif

burgerdog said:
It's plugged in, I get a prompt which asks me to update. It disconnects me after I hit yes and tells me to check my internet connection.

Sorry, I guess you just weren't in this batch for whatever reason. At least you only have to wait a day to get in. :)

Plaguefox said:
Anyone else notice this little design polish issue?

dropshadows.jpg

It's painfully apparent in Foxix's screenshot too, with the number of friends online, number of messages, and their associated icons.

It seems like it's only the icons that need to be changed. But man this sticks out like a sore thumb, I kind of double-take each time I look past a gamerscore.

Stupid question, but what am I supposed to be seeing?

mandiller

What's the 'sign-in glitch'? Have the leaked NXE installed and am not part of the preview program. Is there a way I can partially sign in? How?

nofi

mandiller said:
What's the 'sign-in glitch'? Have the leaked NXE installed and am not part of the preview program. Is there a way I can partially sign in? How?

Put in an older 360 game that needs a title update, decline the title update, use the guide to return to the dashboard. Hey presto, you're in. Kinda.

MMaRsu

Banned
nofi said:
Put in an older 360 game that needs a title update, decline the title update, use the guide to return to the dashboard. Hey presto, you're in. Kinda.

strangely enough that didn't work for me..

When I do that, it boots me back to the dash but instantly asks me again for the NXE update...

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Plaguefox said:
Anyone else notice this little design polish issue?

Look at your Guide Achievements List, highlight a game that has a complete square for an icon - look at how the green highlight has different sized borders on ALL FOUR SIDES

For fucks sake Microsoft, get it together.

ALSO - the "Play Game in Drive" uhm... panel... does that have a picture of the game for those on XBL?

voltron

Couple of stupid questions for y'all:

1) Do I have to specify which 'version' of a game I want to play, i.e. off-disc or isntalled? I installed Fallout 3, but Im not sure if whenever I play F3 nowit automatically runs it off the HDD, or if I have to specify 'play off HDD.

2) Why cant I eject the disc while playing a HDD-install game. I tried to eject F3 while playing and it still goes to dash. I figured since the disc is only required for proof of license I would be able to eject?

Brashnir

voltron said:
Couple of stupid questions for y'all:

1) Do I have to specify which 'version' of a game I want to play, i.e. off-disc or isntalled? I installed Fallout 3, but Im not sure if whenever I play F3 nowit automatically runs it off the HDD, or if I have to specify 'play off HDD.

2) Why cant I eject the disc while playing a HDD-install game. I tried to eject F3 while playing and it still goes to dash. I figured since the disc is only required for proof of license I would be able to eject?

If it's installed, it will run from the hard drive.

The eject button has always ended games, plus with games that allow system link co-op, you'd be able to get away with just using one copy, I guess.

PizzaFarmer

voltron said:
Here's a scenario to consider.

Let's say I have 7 friends in my dorm. We each have our own console and want to play Halo 3 multiplayer together on Live, so we split the price of a single game 8 ways.

All 8 of us install the game to our HDDs.

I start the game, then eject the disc and hand it to Friend #2, who starts the game and ejects the disc, then hands it to Friend #3 ...

voltron

PizzaFarmer said:
Here's a scenario to consider.

Let's say I have 7 friends in my dorm. We each have our own console and want to play Halo 3 multiplayer together on Live, so we split the price of a single game 8 ways.

All 8 of us install the game to our HDDs.

I start the game, then eject the disc and hand it to Friend #2, who starts the game and ejects the disc, then hands it to Friend #3 ...

Yeah i dont it explained to me. I just thought I read somewhere you could eject the disc.

Top Bottom