• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meus Renaissance said:
I don't believe any of this. Between the name, design and list of games - it's like a trio if epic failures each bigger failures than the previous. I'm expecting to see a different hardware altogether, or nothing at all, from Microsoft tomorrow.

If anyone has watched the documentary on the 360 design, they were strict about having curvatures and rejected several concepts that were similar to this. It doesn't make any sense for them to go back to something similar like those 5 years later when the community has a higher expectation. No way.

If this thing does turn out to be true then the mentality at Xbox HQ has completely shifted to something else. They've already made a fatal mistake with the hardware's reliability, they wouldn't kill the thing before it even released.
The guys who were responsible for the biggest ideas in the last decade for Microsoft's Entertainment division are now gone so it wouldn't be a surprise that their mentality has shifted.

Rich!

Meus Renaissance said:
I don't believe any of this. Between the name, design and list of games - it's like a trio if epic failures each bigger failures than the previous. I'm expecting to see a different hardware altogether, or nothing at all, from Microsoft tomorrow.

If anyone has watched the documentary on the 360 design, they were strict about having curvatures and rejected several concepts that were similar to this. It doesn't make any sense for them to go back to something similar like those 5 years later when the community has a higher expectation. No way.

If this thing does turn out to be true then the mentality at Xbox HQ has completely shifted to something else. They've already made a fatal mistake with the hardware's reliability, they wouldn't kill the thing before it even released.

The advertisements are streamed from MS' servers, and the 'Kinect' name and release games (kinectimals) have been 100% confirmed.

It's real, dude.

Truespeed

You have to admit, the David Beckham edition does make it look good.

nv5rau.png

expy

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:

Dude, the ad was taken off MS servers.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Meus Renaissance said:

Also had completely different leadership back then

Might look better with high quality pics ;)

Also if it doesn't break and is quiet we should be happy.

Won't buy it as long as my Jasper holds up!

Kildace

I don't hate it.
I'd need a frame of reference before saying that it isn't "slim" enough.

Also holy shit @ David Beckham, please don't kill the meme a day after it's born.

firehawk12 said:
I'll say it again, as a "Raptors fan", this is the best gif ever. :lol

It really truly is. No matter how many times i see it, it gets a laugh. Has there been any digging into the story behind it and what happened next?

expy said:
Dude, the ad was taken off MS servers.

infinityBCRT said:
The guys who were responsible for the biggest ideas in the last decade for Microsoft's Entertainment division are now gone so it wouldn't be a surprise that their mentality has shifted.

richisawesome said:
The advertisements are streamed from MS' servers, and the 'Kinect' name and release games (kinectimals) have been 100% confirmed.

It's real, dude.

Maybe MS are trolling the Internet? Just looking at this thing and its design makes no sense to me from reading and listening to MS talk about the Xbox 360's design. It's like someone telling you they want to try and design a sports car and then come back with a tank. The suggestion that this would have been approved is incomprehensible to me. If this is confirmed tomorrow then I hope people just start getting up from the audience and leaving or laughing at them. It's purified stupidity deserving of a titanic failure. This will be right up there with the '"599 US Dollars" announcement by Kaz in 2006.

It looks almost the same as the 360 but the curvatures removed and the sides look like they were fucked with a hammer. It wouldn't take an art grad to question how in any fashion this could constitute in a "redesign". I am not kidding you, there is a video somewhere on the net (maybe YouTube) where MS lay out different concepts for the console and you similar designs to this thing here. They rejected them.

mollipen

I guess this is what I get for saying I liked the fact that Microsoft was bringing a bit of PC gaming-mentality to the console world. *cries*

Rich!

Meus Renaissance said:
Maybe MS are trolling the Internet? Just looking at this thing and its design makes no sense to me from reading and listening to MS talk about the Xbox 360's design. It's like someone telling you they want to try and design a sports car and then come back with a tank. The suggestion that this would have been approved is incomprehensible to me. If this is confirmed tomorrow then I hope people just start getting up from the audience and leaving or laughing at them. It's purified stupidity deserving of a titanic failure. This will be right up there with the '"599 US Dollars" announcement by Kaz in 2006.

Uh...

No.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Holy shit at the end of the world reactions in here :lol

Meus Renaissance said:

Don't kid yourself :lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
blackdevil said:
It was the same when the PS3 Slim pics leaked and everybody though it was a fake asian toy ...

in 7 days nobody will care anymore^^

The difference was that PS3 slim looked like shit imo but it's not that bad anymore.. This isn't as bad as how ps3 slim looked, not even close.

DogWelder

blackdevil said:
It was the same when the PS3 Slim pics leaked and everybody though it was a fake asian toy ...

in 7 days nobody will care anymore^^
The PS3 slim reactions were more mixed.

Nooooo, 500 errors.

Quasar

I know I'm in the minority, but I wish a console maker would just base a case design on say a DVD or BluRay player, not some weird shit.

Banned
Thagomizer said:
It looks like a server. There's nothing here to give me strong feelings either way; it just looks like a perfectly respectable electronic.

Feel the same. Not pretty. Not ugly. Just a box.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gamer @ Heart said:
It really truly is. No matter how many times i see it, it gets a laugh. Has there been any digging into the story behind it and what happened next?

Yeah, I'd be curious as well. I'm assuming dude just played it up for laughs and went on to do some more goofy shit.

Well, unless he broke his clavicle or something. :lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Pimpbaa said:
This is far far worse. PS3 slim had mixed opinions, this has almost pure dislike.

Just because it had mixed opinions it doesn't mean that it didn't look like cheap crap (compared to the fat ps3). We are seeing an angled shot of a possible 360 slim here and to me it doesn't seem bad so far. I'm trying to figure out what people where expecting here.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Meus Renaissance said:

It looks almost the same as the 360 but the curvatures removed and the sides look like they were fucked with a hammer. It wouldn't take an art grad to question how in any fashion this could constitute in a "redesign". I am not kidding you, there is a video somewhere on the net (maybe YouTube) where MS lay out different concepts for the console and you similar designs to this thing here. They rejected them.

MS outsources hw design, last time it was Astro Design iirc. They work based on the creative direction given by MS. For Xenon it was very clear - centre of the living room, a living experience, always online etc.

This time Allard wasn't around. He is the guy who did all sexy looking things at Microsoft - 360, Zune HD, Kin, Courier. With him gone, it was probably up to some soccer mom to find a hot design shop and they went with the one "that does those funky Alienware pcs, they are pretty neat right?" or something.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Pimpbaa said:
A 360 slim. Not a pointless redesign that's around the same size.

With an integrated motion sensor system and maybe psu lol?

That wouldn't be bad. Who if anyone wanted a slim 360 just because it would be slim? I have never heard of anyone complain about 360's console size.

This isn't the original xbox you know.

StuBurns

Banned
Quasar said:
I know I'm in the minority, but I wish a console maker would just base a case design on say a DVD or BluRay player, not some weird shit.
Except for the curved top (to prevent you putting something on it to hurt the cooling) the PS3 is pretty plain, the original one at least.

European NES's were like that tape players.

iTV looks better than any console ever released. As usual, Apple outclasses these companies in terms of taste.

EDIT: The US NES was the same, silly me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom