• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpbaa

EuropeOG said:
Built in Wifi, probably low failure rate, and sexier. Doesn't seem pointless to me.

It isn't "sexier". It if was "sexier" people here and elsewhere wouldn't be mocking it right now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm... well... guess all those holes in it's PC tower-like exterior means it'll never RRoD. Slim owners 1up those of us with 360 normals. Good job on that MS... *knock on wood until this RRoD like "WAIT FOR JA--oh, WAIT FOR XENO-Oh..." boards.*

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I think it looks okay, yay for built-in wi-fi, and I hope the power brick is built into the console this time.

And I knew it would be revealed at E3 time.

Jal

Classic_Gs said:
I'm with you, and I'd buy it for the wifi, of course it better not 3RL all over again. Does look like a PC tower though.

It wont, that's what natal is for, you wave your arms around to cool it down.

kuYuri

I'm sure someone has mentioned this, but why do people assume it's a "slim"? It's most likely a redesign for the Kinect launch.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
NIGHT- said:
At least there not removing features with the design.
wonder_woman.gif

FFFFFFuuuuuuuuu-

Pimpbaa said:
It isn't "sexier". It if was "sexier" people here and elsewhere wouldn't be mocking it right now.
Lol, "people".

Pimpbaa said:

It's the internet. People go on the internet to bitch and complain, GAF included. Negative people are just going to be more vocal. If you only followed the internet and never went outside, you'd think Halo would be one of the most hated franchises in video game history and Ron Paul was going to be the next President.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
StuBurns said:
Except for the curved top (to prevent you putting something on it to hurt the cooling) the PS3 is pretty plain, the original one at least.

European NES's were like that tape players.

iTV looks better than any console ever released. As usual, Apple outclasses these companies in terms of taste.

EDIT: The US NES was the same, silly me.

well I think that because they ( Sony , Nintendo , Microsoft ) always go for "gamey" or " toy-ish" looking gaming systems, Apple don't do that.

for an example Sony Electronic devices are freaking sexy and super slick as hell but all the PlayStations systems are ugly.

That design looks terrible. I hope it is fake...but I know better than to expect such a thing.

PS. Veronica Belmont shall not be blasphemed!

Pimpbaa

riceandbeans said:
It's the internet. People go on the internet to bitch and complain, GAF included. Negative people are just going to be more vocal. If you only followed the internet and never went outside, you'd think Halo would be one of the most hated franchises in video game history and Ron Paul was going to be the next President.

There is more bitching and complaining than usual.

Why For?

Banned
Crunched said:
Let the dust settle before you make that call.

Exactly. Same with Kinect.

GAF (leak): "Wii?! Wtf? What a fucked up name. Fail incoming"

GAF (leak): "That's the PS3 Slim? What the fuck, can't be, looks like a cheap Chinese knock off"

Yadaa yadda, we've heard this all before.

Hell, Sony has almost even recovered from US $599.

Cruzader

Banned
I thought everyone was expecting a slimmer model due to the smaller MB pics that got leaked or something.

Also find it funny wifi is/will be a selling point!(in 2010)

jax (old)

Banned
brotkasten said:
More important: It says "compatible with Kinect™". Is that the name for natal?

bk21jwnwqfw3jslp8.jpg

edit: beaten like a junior.

And yes, it comes with WiFi.

Yeah it's th pe real deal alright but the console is sorta ugly with the awkward form. Couldn't they hire better industrial designers... Hopefully it looks better in person

Omiee

Why For? said:
Exactly. Same with Kinect.

GAF (leak): "Wii?! Wtf? What a fucked up name. Fail incoming"

GAF (leak): "That's the PS3 Slim? What the fuck, can't be, looks like a cheap Chinese knock off"

Yadaa yadda, we've heard this all before.

Hell, Sony has almost even recovered from US $599.

i have to agree with him on this one, lets just see what the mainstream media says about it tomorrow but i gotta tell u if this is 189 i cant see it selling 5 million in 2010 like microsoft wants to.
also sony def did a good job of recovering after that giant crab and 599 thing now, and thats all because of their wws

StuBurns

Banned
Totobeni said:
well I think that because they ( Sony , Nintendo , Microsoft ) always go for "gamey" or " toy-ish" looking gaming systems, Apple don't do that.

for an example Sony Electronic devices are freaking sexy and super sleeks as hell but all the PlayStations systems are ugly.
Just taking a quick look at Sony's electronics, I have to agree completely. I hadn't really paid much attention, but you're right, they make some attractive consumer electronics.

I don't really get why they choose to make consoles look 'kiddy' then. I actually think if the Wii didn't look like cheap crap it'd be the most 'mature' looking console so far. In terms of actual design, it looks good I think.

Majine

Banned
At the beginning of this generation, I'd say Sony makes the best looking consoles, but now I'm leaning towards Nintendo. Wii still looks great.

Pimpbaa said:

your taking the posts here and the forum itself too seriously ^^ maybe some laugh about it now. But if we get the real pics not this CG stuff everything will be fine^^

Mar

That is without doubt the ugliest console I've ever laid eyes on. Can Microsoft, with all their zillions of dollars, please hire some good designers? I mean, I know they've got a reputation to uphold with everything ugly and with stupid names. But this is 2010 where Nintendo and Apple have practically given away the secrets to good design for years now.

I might have liked this when I was 15 and enjoyed putting neon lights in my PC with a clear perspex window. But I've grown up, and so has the world. It's not the 90s anymore.

Red

Omiee said:
i have to agree with him on this one, lets just see what the mainstream media says about it tomorrow but i gotta tell u if this is 189 i cant see it selling 5 million in 2010 like microsoft wants to.
also sony def did a good job of recovering after that giant crab and 599 thing now, and thats all because of their wws
I think the redesign is fine, but all the news surrounding Kinect, including the name, has left me shaking my head. I had high hopes, but it looks like MS is following the copycat route as closely as it can. Even the name is practically an alternative to "Wii." It's a shame, because the peripheral does add new potential to game control. I wanted to see it used more creatively than simply rehasing Nintendo's minigame compilations without a controller.

It's tough for me to reserve judgment, even if (maybe especially because) I'm following Why For's train of thought: we've seen this happen before. Kinect, at this point in time, looks like another Playstation Eye. It looks camp and throwaway. The fact that Microsoft had been pouring so much time and effort into advertising and hyping it up had led me to believe otherwise, but now I'm not so sure.

-PXG-

Slayer-33 said:
One of the few sensible "people" in here :lol

Oh, don't read my posts in the Kinect thread.... :lol

I think the Slim design is alright. Not butt ugly but not as clean as the original.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
-PXG- said:
Oh, don't read my posts in the Kinect thread.... :lol

I think the Slim design is alright. Not butt ugly but not as clean as the original.

Oh I have been reading them, my comment applies to this thread only :lol

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Glad I waited to re-up on a 360.

I will be buying an Xbox Oggi.

Bummed that it looks like shit though, oh well.

It's like one of those forced perspective optical illusions, the design is really fucking with my head.

Omiee

if its more reliable makes less noice and has a built in power supply i can see it selling well just because of those things not by how it looks

LiK

Pudding Tame said:
If the original 360 design was supposed to resemble an inhale, the new slim design looks like it was modeled after someone sucking in his gut.

it's wearing a corset

Kodiak said:
Glad I waited to re-up on a 360.

I will be buying an Xbox Oggi.

Bummed that it looks like shit though, oh well.

It's like one of those forced perspective optical illusions, the design is really fucking with my head.

You'll buy an Xbox today? Then why did you wait? D:

Pudding Tame said:
If the original 360 design was supposed to resemble an inhale, the new slim design looks like it was modeled after someone sucking in his gut.

It's kind of like someone with a skinny chest but a large lower area.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Omiee said:
if its more reliable makes less noice and has a built in power supply i can see it selling well just because of those things not by how it looks

of course, but it wouldn't hurt it to look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom