• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Class_A_Ninja said:
We'll, I can't say it's any worse. It looks more like the original Xbox, which I liked better than the 360.

Wat

omg rite said:
Yeah people saying this is ugly are crazy. The only thing I don't like is the weird crease in the middle.

Yeah man we haven't even seen all angle shots, I bet this shit is going to look sexy as hell on the reveal.

Alastor

So... with this "Kinect", I should lose all hope of Natal games being something more appealing (to me) and complex than the demos showed earlier?

I mean, "Kinect"... It screams to be subtitled "your personal x360 trainer", or something.

antispin

omg rite said:
Yeah people saying this is ugly are crazy. The only thing I don't like is the weird crease in the middle.

It's not a crease, it's a corset. The 360 has been "inhaling" for so long, they figured it's ready for the next step.

corset1.jpg

Pcenginefx said:
To all the haters out there - a lot of talented people put in countless hours creating and testing this new console and I believe it looks really slick...however you can't judge the console by this ad alone, wait for more information before saying "it looks like shit".

A lot of talented people put in countless hours into creating the look of the original DUKE controller as well. Oh, and regardless of looks I'll buy one the second it launches just like I did with my PS3 slim.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
<sarcasm broken>
I don't think anyone mocked the wii's look, as it is pretty damn good looking. I was referring to the poster who said "they," as in the trolls, who said it would be mocked regardless.

Parham

Banned
Who is Microsoft's target audience with the relaunch? Everything about Natal indicates that they want to tap into the casual gaming market. However, at the same time, the new Xbox 360 has an Alienware-like design that looks less approachable than the previous model.

Norml said:
No slot disc drive is kinda weak,and vents on top is fugly, not good for dust or liquids.

Yes, there is a disc slot. It's just painted black and it's hard to see. You can make out faded white letterings on it above the power button just a little to the right.

I kinda like that new design if it's true.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Jade Knight 08 said:
Yes, there is a disc slot. It's just painted black and it's hard to see. You can make out faded white letterings on it above the power button.

I kinda like that new design if it's true.

of course there is a disc slot. There is no slot loading drive though, ala PS3 and Wii.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
My first thought when I looked at the redesign was "WTF!". True story.

Then I read the thread about kinectimal... :lol

I like! it looks like a PC. Need to see more angles of it though.
Just wonderin how DLC/XBLA would transfer over if I replaced my 360??? Hoping they have a way to do it...

goldenpp72

OmnipotentO said:
I like! it looks like a PC. Need to see more angles of it though.
Just wonderin how DLC/XBLA would transfer over if I replaced my 360??? Hoping they have a way to do it...

Well, xbox elites came with a thing to get a transfer cable so, probably that.

Pooya

We need better pics to judge the look, I hated PS3 slim at first but seeing it in person it looks much better, I prefer it to fat now but right now I think fat 360 looks better than this.

Mr. B

I wonder if they'll bother updating their controller with this revision. It doesn't necessarily need to be changed, but that Dpad definitely needs it.

jagowar

Slayer-33 said:
Yeah man we haven't even seen all angle shots, I bet this shit is going to look sexy as hell on the reveal.

Agreed.... its not even close to what I was expecting from the redesign but I'm gonna give it a chance until I see it in video form tomorrow when we will get a better idea of what it actually looks like.

I have a feeling it will be $299 with natal. I also bet it has the power brick enclosed since it says compatible with kinect it has a single cable solution for it.

eso76

not that it looks bad, but the thing doesn't make 'geometrical' sense to me.

it looks one of those optical illusions with the leftmost oblique line not having a match in the middle..????

also, whoever wrote the ad made a small mistake in italian, since funzione is female and it should be incorporatA and not incorporatO.

the final claim doesn't really make sense either or is written in poor italian.

Monocle

Looks hilariously bad, but I'll probably buy one anyway.

Pcenginefx said:
To all the haters out there - a lot of talented people put in countless hours creating and testing this new console
A lot of talented people put in countless hours creating and testing the nuclear bomb.

saunderez

Monocle said:
A lot of talented people put in countless hours creating and testing the nuclear bomb.
Well I'd say the nuclear bomb was a complete and utter success so I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at. New 360 will end the console wars?

Evander

"industry expert"
OldJadedGamer said:
A lot of talented people put in countless hours into creating the look of the original DUKE controller as well. Oh, and regardless of looks I'll buy one the second it launches just like I did with my PS3 slim.

If the 360 slim came with a Duke 360 controller (codename: "The Baron") I'd buy one.

As is, no need.

Replicant

It now looks like one of those ugly PC casing. How is it possible that they made something that looks okay-ish to something this horrible?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
NinjaFusion said:
MS is this year's Sony 2006?

Fixed for the lulz and jokezzzzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom