• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 official Japanese twitter account and website thread

New rare blade

DMUmQWfVAAACPDH.jpg

Video

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/920184199574720513

Neiteio

So most of the blades are anime's worst designs ever, but I kinda enjoy this in an ironic sense. Like that dog-person with the snake-shoulders on the other page is nightmare fuel, but it fights for me and it's my friend.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Is this the first Xeno without mechas? o_O

Anyway some of those blades... ahem, ew?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So most of the blades are anime's worst designs ever, but I kinda enjoy this in an ironic sense. Like that dog-person with the snake-shoulders on the other page is nightmare fuel, but it fights for me and it's my friend.

You got something against the animes

ivysaur12

Banned
Uka's design definitely made me go "huh?" at first, but it's slowly grown on me. I like that her figure seems to be more "fit" and proportional than say, Pyra and her large bust size. I also like how well her artwork actually translated into the in-game engine.

Of course, the Baten Kaitos artist Higurashi made all her designs for those games very "strange" and unique. But then again they're also quite memorable

Ah!! The Baten Kaitos artists. She's amazing.

KrawlMan

Outside of that "dog-person" I enjoy the designs. I think they're fun

I can't help but wonder if this a direct appeal to all those millions of fans of Gatcha mobile games.

Those seem insanely popular and all these different blades seem like that system but in a regular retail game.

I've never played any Suikoden games but I always thought with 108 party members some would have barely any story to them.

I wonder how it's going to work when the blades in your party talk frequently and are involved in the narrative, but the Drivera also has dozens of their "equals" with them but they don't have a narrative voice.

Also her in motion reminded me of you Tiki from Fire Emblem.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiimmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Daughter of Enel, maybe.

Yes to both of these.

I can't help but wonder if this a direct appeal to all those millions of fans of Gatcha mobile games.

Those seem insanely popular and all these different blades seem like that system but in a regular retail game.

I've never played any Suikoden games but I always thought with 108 party members some would have barely any story to them.

I wonder how it's going to work when the blades in your party talk frequently and are involved in the narrative, but the Drivera also has dozens of their "equals" with them but they don't have a narrative voice.

Also her in motion reminded me of you Tiki from Fire Emblem.

Yes to both of these.

Suikoden 3 and 5 do the best job of developing the most characters (4 main character arcs that alternate and a large number of characters being part of royal family or their retinue, respectively), but all the Suikoden games do a surprisingly good job making many of the characters unique and memorable. Being able to recruit them all in the world, then interact with them in the castle goes a long way.

On topic, I'm really not digging any of the character designs in this game... world design seems sweet though.

Akai

She teared up after using some lightning. I guess she's a Pichu.

She basically says along the lines of "I'm not very skilled, but I'll do my best!" Obviously she's designed based off the Shinto god of lightning, Raijin, with her name basically meaning "lightning child."

I doubt she'll actually take damage in battles, but I predict her elemental attacks will all be equally klutzy. I personally find her adorable.

(Oh, and this is the Blade that Rex had on his back last Thursday. They just delayed the reveal a bit longer...)

Parshias7

I just noticed the reason why she's tearing up is because she hit herself with her own lightning.

Her hair is even normal at the very start of the introduction and gets all puffed out after she electrocutes herself.

random25

I think this will become the highest selling Xenoblade in Japan (not a difficult goal) the art direction should pay off.

It would certainly be. For one, it's on a popular system. Two, it's coming on the 1st year of the popular system, not so late like the past titles. And lastly, fantasy themes in JRPGs tend to do better.

It would certainly be. For one, it's on a popular system. Two, it's coming on the 1st year of the popular system, not so late like the past titles. And lastly, fantasy themes in JRPGs tend to do better.

hopefully with Mario and Zelda marketing out of the way Nintendo can put a little money behind it too

Cikay

The more I see of this game, the less I know if I'll ever buy it.

I feel betrayed that the genius who wrote Xenogears and Xenosaga now accepts to put these kind of things in his games.

Sawano for Xeno X was hard to accept, but this is worse.

DMiz

... OK, that's the most disappointing rare blade that's popped up now.

I would gladly take the dog-with-snakes-for-shoulders lady over this.

Regardless, it's not going to stop me from purchasing this game. As much as the Gotcha-Like system and the designs for some of these weapons are not what I was hoping the direction of this series would go in, I still have faith in Takahashi to deliver something with respect to plot and gameplay.

Fireblend

Banned
Wait, I'm not seeing what's wrong with this design, I actually like it.

It's generic, but I like the contrast between it and the more wild designs we've seen. It's far from offensive though, or "Monolith has betrayed us!" worthy. Do you guys just hate to see kids in games?

Zolo

The more I see of this game, the less I know if I'll ever buy it.

I feel betrayed that the genius who wrote Xenogears and Xenosaga now accepts to put these kind of things in his games.

Sawano for Xeno X was hard to accept, but this is worse.

I don't like it either, but Xenosaga wasn't exactly exempt.

382425-untitled_dd1.jpg

aravuus

Wait, I'm not seeing what's wrong with this design, I actually like it.

It's generic, but I like the contrast between it and the more wild designs we've seen. It's far from offensive though, or "Monolith has betrayed us!" worthy. Do you guys just hate to see kids in games?

Wait, who said that again?

e: haha wait, someone actually did say it. Nevermind then.

I'd hardly call any of the other posts "anime hate", though, much less corny anime hate, whatever that looks like.

Surfside

Banned
I don't like it either, but Xenosaga wasn't exactly exempt.

382425-untitled_dd1.jpg

Yeah Xenosaga was the beginning lol. For the longest time, i believed it was Square Enix's descision to include them sexualized characters, in the hope that it would increase the likely buyers.

But now i don't believe it anymore. I think developers just do it because they love the designs.

jwillenn

Loving the designs! I'm excited to see what arts they'll all bring to combat, and hoping many of them will have interesting stories we can find through side quests or whatever!

giphy.gif

The in-gameplay and cut-scene models are really doing the art work justice.

Top Bottom