• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q1/2018 report: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sells 1.42 mio LTD, best-selling MonolithSoft-title

KevinKeene

Banned
Nintendo just published its Q1/2018 sales report. Lots of numbers and someone interested can make more threads on those.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

A standout for me is the success of xenoblade chronicles 2. It has now sold/shippef a total of 1.42 million units, an additional 100k in q1. That makes it the best-selling monolithsoft-game ever.

I spent over 240 hours so far, I'm looking forward to the story dlc. And then you had all the auth-left idiots campaigning against the game's sexier character designs. And yet it sold and sold and sold. I hope Nintendo of Europe handles all JRPG localizations from now on or Treehouse realizes that the masses are NOT against sexy designs.

Hoping we'll see it break 1.5 :)

sublimit

Banned
I haven't played the game yet but it will be the first game i play when i'll get a Switch. Congrats to Monolith Soft.

B_Signal

I was really put off by the tone of this, and that I couldn't drag myself through Xenoblade Chronicles, but I've got a few mates who loved it so I might pick it up one day, just not sure when with all the rpgs the past year or so. I'm happy with the Switch becoming a home for rpgs, mostly, with it working as a handheld, I think it makes rpgs more manageable

Andyliini

No wonder they decided to publish a physical edition for Torna: The Golden Country, hopefully that does well with them too. I know it's only an expansion, but I'm looking forward to it, and it's myu most anticipated game for September.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well deserved, I put 390 hours in to this game and enjoyed every minute of it. I can’t wait for Torna the Golden Country DLC.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Well i am glad it sold
But i came from 1 straight into this trainwreck
And i still dont understand what idiot greenlit those in combat voices holy shit.
I will prolly like the game when i can disable all voices. And then try to like it instead of giving up after 3 hours

MEEE MEEE MEEE MEEE MEEE DONT YOU FORGET ABOUT ME MEEE MEEE MEEEE MEEEE

Fbh

Deserved.
I had some issues with several design decisions (pretty much everything related to baldes outside of combat) but I had a lot of fun playing through the main story. It was one of those JRPG's where I wanted to play for an hour and then suddenly realised I had been playing for 3.

Also, from what I've read the game had a lot of dev challenges. A large part of the core Monolith team was busy helping with Breath of the Wild and they had both a smaller budget and a shorter time frame than for previous games. It might show in some areas but I still think the end result was fantastic. So many people seem to use "they only had 3 years!!!" as an excuse for every issue in FFXV, yet this game had even more development challenges and ended up having more, bigger and more varied locations, better enemy and combat variety, more side content and a longer, better written and waaaaay better told Story

CatCouch

That's really great to hear.

I only played like 10 hours before starting over to play it with my family a bit before never returning. I was so beaten down by the amount of insults I was receiving on other game forums that it kinda killed my enthusiasm for the game.

I want games with art styles and sexy designs like this to succeed! Looks like I should get back into it!

JimboJones

Nah, X is still the best game they've made by a gigantic margin and the best RPG in decades to boot.

Hey I liked it! But it did seem to split fans and wasn't as well received as the original, that and the WiiU flopping probably didn't help with sales.

NandN

Neo Member
Is there a thread for the other Nintendo results? Are there any Nintendo fans left here on Neogaf?

Just think there was a time when NoA tried to keep this series, among others, away from us.

Anyway, great for Monolithsoft.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Remember when people were going to boycott the game because of the character designs? Yea, looks like that didn't do much.

Very glad to see the game sell well as it is a genuinely great game. The combat, world, characters, and story were fantastic and being able to play it on the go is even better. Can't wait for a new Xenoblade game.

Top Bottom