• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

But he posted a shot of the Wii version.

I know, but you said that neither version looks as blurry as that shot. I've never played the Wii version but that shot looks roughly like the 3DS version to me. Except, like I said, the 3DS version is a blurry mess in motion because of the aliasing.

Honestly I'm pretty much used to the graphics already. It is blurry, but the art style is great and since it was originally designed for the Wii, it's not like you're losing a ton of detail due to the blurriness.

I think the 3D effect looks pretty amazing, for all the talk about it being shallow the open areas look great.

The music is awesome so far too.

I'm about an hour and a half in now and everything is really clicking for me despite the graphics. Love the art design, like all of the characters so far, love the music, love exploring in games in general so the city and surrounding area has been really fun to walk around in, battle system is great...

It all reminds me of the first time I played Final Fantasy 10 when I was 13 and was hooked from the opening cutscene to the end. We'll see if Xenoblade keeps me hooked throughout like that but I can't wait to play more.

braves01

Banned
The visuals are undeniably a downgrade from the Wii version, which is as expected, but I think sleep mode and no Wiimotes will ultimately make this a much more playable game for me. I also think the 3D implementation is okay--not great, but not terrible either.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The thing is I still have MM sealed, damn you MH4!
I love you MH!

Majora's Masked 100%, Monhan at the 315 hour mark for me. The only game I'm really putting down for this is Code Name STEAM. But this is one of the best jRPGs off all time, so I've no issue with that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've put MH4 on the back burner but blazed through MM, Pokémon OR, and a couple of Vita and VC games these past two months.

I expect to take around 50 days to beat Xenoblade.

MrPanic

You're supposed to do the timed quests asap if you want to keep the option to 100% right? Can you see expired quests in your quest list or do they disappear?

So many timed quests on Bionis Leg. :/

Glix

I usually have my brightness on 2-3 and power save mode on.

Just for kicks I tried this with everything max, and it looked REALLY nice.

Looks washed out on low brightness/power safe.

TheMoon

You're supposed to do the timed quests asap if you want to keep the option to 100% right? Can you see expired quests in your quest list or do they disappear?

Those don't expire until you're more than halfway through the game or maybe even later I think.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

The timed quests are not super urgent and there is even a warning text when you do reach that point. Don't stress over them. When I played through the first time, I didn't even complete half the timed quests. It's all optional, so don't burn yourself out on it.

TheMoon

Isn't it the point of no return, which is the
Mechonis Core/Zanza mindfuck
?

I wasn't anymore sure if there were some tied to
Fallen Arm
or if those were just ones that happen in
Sword Valley
. But yea I guess those Bionis Leg quests are valid until the endgame point of no return.

OMG Aero

I think a lot of the timed quests on Bionis' Leg are when people from the refugee camp
move back to Colony 6 and start rebuilding
and you decide when they do that.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo. What are you doing.

CCQXe7gWAAA18Sb.jpg

"Purge"

Their social media folks never cease to amaze me.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Played for about ten minutes, damn my eyes hurt.

Everything is so small. The text is not the easiest thing to read. I dunno, it's tough coming to this after playing Majora's Mask where everything looks so big. It literally looks like a console game squashed down teeny tiny to fit on the screen.

This is the first game I've played on the XL where it feels like I'm playing on a GameBoy Micro.

... I hope I don't let this initial impressions turn me off from playing it. I beat it before, loved it.

Thoraxes

FYI

Target has a Cartwheel (their app) coupon for 10% off all electronics/video games this weekend (Fri+Sat only).

If you don't have GCU, this is your best next bet. Add another 5% off if you have a RedCard.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Speaking of the camera, what height setting is everyone using in the settings? I initially set it to "High" but I have a hard time seeing the damn enemies in the grass, they were so small. So I set it to "Low" and I could make out what things were on the ground a little better.

OmegaFax

The game isn't well suited for the 3DS screen resolution. Even playing it for a half hour, my eyes really never relax and settle with the scenery. The 3D effect makes it somewhat worst. There's a shimmery effect by cramming in detailed environment and scaling down the resolution + lack of anti aliasing in play.

The low resolution wasn't as apparent in other recent titles like Majora's Mask or Monster Hunter. Even that other ported over Wii title Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D wasn't that bad either. Not really feeling it.

Reading last page & a half is giving me cold feet. I already have the Wii version...

Maybe I should just pick up Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon instead?

MrPanic

If you accidentally sell equipment that still have gems on them, will it keep the gems in your inventory or sell them with the item?

Need a little advice: should I sell materials for money, or save them for hypothetical future crafting? I just got to
Colony 9
. I've been avoiding spoilers this whole time, so I don't really know a lot about the gameflow yet.

Xenoblade comes with stability update now? Awesome.
Don't get cocky, you can still be Toppled

Need a little advice: should I sell materials for money, or save them for hypothetical future crafting? I just got to
Colony 9
Why are you spoiler tagging the first area in the entire game? (Did you mean Colony 6?)

I'd save everything until you start running out of space. You generally won't until very late game, for what that's worth.

Soul Beat

I honestly don't know why everyone's freaking out by the way the game looks. I honestly think it looks fine and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Maybe I'm not terribly picky. :/

i had the funds loaded to get it, but i just cant, without Japanese voices it sounds like a chore, i thought i could bring myself to, for gameplay. I ended up getting the korg dsn 12 for now.

So I'am about 3 hours in and goddamn this game is really living up to the hype. When you guys said this game was big you weren't exaggerating at all. I'm still in colony 9 and I haven't even explored everything yet, and this isn't even the biggest area in the game? I told myself going in that I would only focus on the story since I don't really have time for open world games these. However after spending three hours mainly exploring I guess that's not going to happen lol.

The 3DS resolution really hurt this game though. I honestly didn't think it would be bad at all, but it does get pretty bad at some points although I'm used to it now. Playing with the 3D off also helped a lot.

Also quick question, the items in your inventory with the star, what does that mean?

oakenhild

It's not the graphic don't bother me. It's the reports of squished UI and tiny text that is putting me off.

I haven't had any issues with the text thus far (XL). It's a little aliased, but nothing that's bothering me.

Things do get a bit chaotic and confusing during a battle against multiple creatures, but I have a feeling that's mostly due to my inexperience of knowing what's going on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Interesting. So keep all loot them, even drops from random enemies? If I want to buy new weapons and armor would just selling my old ones be enough to cover it?

Yes, almost all of your weapon and armor upgrades will come from drops so eventually money will be meaningless. It's mainly used for buying arte books.

DocGeedorah

Neo Member
Was finally able to pick it up after what felt like the slowest day of work ever.

Really hoping the visuals aren't as bad as I've been hearing, but the prospect of Xenoblade-on-the-go will almost certainly help me overcome most issues.

Nori Chan

Playing this for the first time ever and I was wondering when it comes to dialogue choices in those heart areas (don't know the name off the top of my head, my apologies) like where I meet Fiora for the first time, how was I supposed to know the correct choices to make for her to actually like me lol

jackdoe

Played for 30 minutes and my hand hurts like hell. Definitely need to buy grips if I actually want to play this game for long stretches of time.

Visuals leave something to desire as well. The low resolution textures aren't the main issue. It's all the aliasing. Couple that with a tiny UI and it makes it hard to see anything.

Got my grip which I ordered last night in the mail. Got my copy. A 3-day weekend...

That's the same one Rich has? I've never bought grip for a handheld but lately I've been tempted to get ones for my 3DS and Vita. Only part of the idea I don't like is they wouldn't fit in the cases I have for them anymore, and taking the grip on and off every time I use a system seems annoying.

How is the grip? Looks comfy, but is the build quality nice?

Top Bottom