• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) is on the NA Press Site, PR and HQ screens in OP 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So basically
Homura looks like a Monado and Hikari looks like a Telethia blade?

jackdoe

Not a big fan of the character designs, especially since the main character looks like he's 12. Those shorts and giant head aren't helping either. Here's to hoping they pull off a timeskip.

Kieli

The footage seemed really laggy. Couldn't tell if that was the stream or the game, but I'm leaning toward the latter.

wrowa

Not a big fan of the character designs, especially since the main character looks like he's 12. Those shorts and giant head aren't helping either. Here's to hoping they pull off a timeskip.

If it's anything like the other two Xenoblades you'll change his clothes two minutes into the game anyway.

duckroll

If it's anything like the other two Xenoblades you'll change his clothes two minutes into the game anyway.

And yet he will have 500 variations of the same terrible pants and that stupid diver's helmet on his back. Because it's part of his ~character design~. Lol.

Waji

I'm really sure that patronising people who disagree with you on the subjective, personal view of a games art style is definitely a way to win friends and influence people.
That's not what I'm doing.
You seemed to imply something that wasn't true more than just saying you don't like the visuals which are 2 different topics.

random25

And yet he will have 500 variations of the same terrible pants and that stupid diver's helmet on his back. Because it's part of his ~character design~. Lol.

If it leans on the system of the first one, you'll want them naked anyway lol.

But they will obviously balance the stats out this time around.

Waji

I don't really see the problem with his outfit.
Is it a cultural problem or something ?
I actually like it.

Did I really have to trade the ugly nightmare inducing faces for those bad pants?

I mean what are those pants even

What's wrong with being able to see his underwear? They do that with female characters very often, don't all of you want more equality in the way female and male characters are treated in games?

:p

jj984jj

I want a lot of things from XCX to return, but Tatsu ain't one of them.

Agreed. He ruined the beginning of every story chapter once introduced, and most of them weren't that long. Such a waste.

I hope the new lead Nopon isn't as bad.

Waji

I hope the DLC also includes Tatsu, so I can hear more of those hilarious 'we're going to eat Tatsu' jokes

It's not a cultural thing. It's a not having bad taste thing. I wouldn't be caught dead in those pants, baby
I'm known for having bad tastes of course thank you.

Hmm... what about remembering it's a game in a world that has nothing to do with ours and maybe the outfit makes sense depending on the life of the character ?

Qurupeke

Hmm... what about remembering it's a game in a world that has nothing to do with ours and maybe the outfit makes sense depending on the life of the character ?

"Pants in pants aren't stupid, it's their made up JRPG culture"

I can see this being 2017 if Monolith started working on it after finnishing XCX, since if I recall correctly they took their time with X because it was their first HD game they developted. Plus remember that Monolith was the first studio to get their hands on the NX dev kit.

I can already see his backstory.

He has regular pants. Then a creature comes and cuts them. Being a kid who doesn't know better, he thinks they look cool and unique. Only he has no idea that secretly everybody is judging him for terrible taste.

No but seriously, you can't convince me it's anything but bad design from someone who tried to create unique clothing for cosplaying later. If you're a fighter and someone running around the wild lands, unnecessary exposed skin is dumb. Usually it occurs with women in fantasy/sci fi, I guess it eventually had to happen to males.

random25

The footage seemed really laggy. Couldn't tell if that was the stream or the game, but I'm leaning toward the latter.

It's still in development. Nintendo trailers doesn't shy away to technical hiccups in their trailers/early footages even if it's anti-hype lol.

I can already see his backstory.

He has regular pants. Then a creature comes and cuts them. Being a kid who doesn't know better, he thinks they look cool and unique. Only he has no idea that secretly everybody is judging him for terrible taste.

No but seriously, you can't convince me it's anything but bad design from someone who tried to create unique clothing for cosplaying later. If you're a fighter and someone running around the wild lands, unnecessary exposed skin is dumb. Usually it occurs with women in fantasy/sci fi, I guess it eventually had to happen to males.

Decades of tolerating Nomura's costume design should be a good enough anesthesia.

What are the chances there is part 1 on the eSHOP at launch? I mean they have to release some HD remaster of this before thos ships if not right?

Not that I think this will ship in 2017 :p

duckroll

You know. I think the character design is fucking stupid too. But it's pretty obvious what it is. It's not "pants" but rather some sort of weird steampunk-ish diver's suit thing. Except badly designed and stupid looking.

jmizzal

Bamboo 竹;228349817 said:
I can see this being 2017 if Monolith started working on it after finnishing XCX, since if I recall correctly they took their time with X because it was their first HD game they developted. Plus remember that Monolith was the first studio to get their hands on the NX dev kit.

Plus XCX had a lot of online features where as this is single player only, that takes away a lot of dev time too.

jj984jj

Plus XCX had a lot of online features where as this is single player only, that takes away a lot of dev time too.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Although it's too early to rule it out entirely this looks like it won't have the multiplayer features due to it being story driven again.

Yeah he was alright, though that's also because he wasn't the main character and we had one of the best in a JRPG.

Yuri was great, but I ended up playing as Karol most of the time because I liked his moveset and weapons of choice: great swords and giant axes. Many of his movements come from Soul Calibur characters like Nightmare, Siegfried and Astaroth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom