• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

Dambrosi

Banned
See? When in doubt, trust NoE to deliver
eventually
. Next up - The Last story and Night Of Sacrifice!

Nintendo Europe: The Role-Player's Best Friend™

moozoom

Fantastic. I think I wanted to play this even more than the last story...
Makes me hopeful for the future of my poor starved Wii, and also for the future translations on 3ds (since us imports are no longer a possibility)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Linkhero1 said:
Hope they announce it for NA soon. I'm not into RPGs but this game has intrigued me.

No way this won't be coming to NA. It's been on the release list for ages.

Plz to America now plz.

Also, watched about five minutes of that YouTube video and now feel the need to bold and caps my request: PLZ

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
If this made it then I'm sure The Last Story will be coming here also. Thank you Nintendo, I never doubted you (ok, maybe a little)!

Awesome. Didn't like how the battle system looked like FF12, but the story and exploration might be worth it alone. Hope an NA announcement will follow.

Kenka

emoticone__s_tears_of_joy_by_dragonith-d3a16ec.png

Its too bad the Wii market is so dead in Europe that this will bomb epicly and give Nintendo reason not to localize these types of titles anymore.

Still, at least this is getting localized. Personally, Im not happy until NA is confirmed.

Monoliths last game, Disaster, did come to Europe but not NA. So I'm not exactly jumping with joy at this point.

Dambrosi

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Awesome. Didn't like how the battle system looked like FF12, but the story and exploration might be worth it alone. Hope an NA announcement will follow.
Really? 'Coz I freakin' LOVED it!

*<3's FFXII*

Bear

Oh fuck yeah. If this doesn't make it to NA I will definitely import it. I'm just happy to get an official translation, and it has dual language support too.

zlatko

Banned
I forget, but can you USA Wii's play European versions of games or are they region locked ?

Xenoblade, The Last Story, and the new Zelda would be the reason I'd get a Wii again to play all 3.

vareon

cj_iwakura said:
Welp, guess US is screwed. Europe first = no one else gets.
(See: Another Code Wii, Last Window)

Also Disaster, Inazuma Eleven.

But yeah, will import even so. I just need more confirmations!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Quick question to people who played it: how long does it take to go from point A to point B in the game? My big gripe about many 3D games is that the worlds are too big and the characters too slow, and the world of Xenoblade looks so huge that I'm really worried about that. Do you quickly get fast stuff like vehicles, mounts and teleportation spells?

Linkhero1

zlatko said:
I forget, but can you USA Wii's play European versions of games or are they region locked ?

Xenoblade, The Last Story, and the new Zelda would be the reason I'd get a Wii again to play all 3.
Wii is region-locked. Only way to play it would be to install homebrew on your Wii, but then again it might be announced for NA soon. If I recall correctly, didn't Reggie say something about games being announced before E3?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
cj_iwakura said:
Welp, guess US is screwed. Europe first = no one else gets.
(See: Another Code Wii, Last Window)

Endless Ocean and Sin and Punishment 2 both came out in Europe first but both came to America. This will too, it's already on the release list. Nintendo aren't going to spend that kind of dough on voiceovers and text translation only to release it in Europe. That only happened once with Disaster, and that was because of the hurricanes in the US more than anything else.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Getting deju vu of the time European magazines announced Mother 3 localization for PAL....

BocoDragon said:
Getting deju vu of the time European magazines announced Mother 3 localization for PAL....

Well, I would be extremely surprised if the Scandinavian PR head for Nintendo would do that.

Top Bottom