• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition | Hype Thread | We're Really Feeling It

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Wew we only got about a week left, time went by quickly...........and my right joycon decided it was time to give up 😕, it's a good thing I got that pro controller when I was on vacation. It's crazy out there now 110 dollars for a pair on Amazon.

I blame Fortnite for making my joycon drift. I never play this game and the one time I try it for fun It started drifting. The sight cross wouldn't stay centered and always went down to the ground :messenger_pouting:.

Wunray

I blame Fortnite for making my joycon drift. I never play this game and the one time I try it for fun It started drifting. The sight cross wouldn't stay centered and always went down to the ground :messenger_pouting:.
Yup the drifting got really bad before it died for me it was breath of the wild that did it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
In XCDE you can adjust your level like you can in XC2 new game plus.
AAcEbmAAAdb3.jpg

Wunray

In XCDE you can adjust your level like you can in XC2 new game plus.
AAcEbmAAAdb3.jpg

Maybe someone can help me understand, I never got starting new game plus just to underlevel yourself, what purpose does it serve unless you get cool new items for doing so.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Maybe someone can help me understand, I never got starting new game plus just to underlevel yourself, what purpose does it serve unless you get cool new items for doing so.

In XBC2 I wanted to play the game again and carry forward all the blades I got in my first play through.

Danjin44

Well maybe you want to take on a unique monster with your late game equipment but in lower level.

Wunray

In XBC2 I wanted to play the game again and carry forward all the blades I got in my first play through.
Well maybe you want to take on a unique monster with your late game equipment but in lower level.
I guess I can see where you guys are coming from, I personally would rather enemies levels scaling to your level on new game plus.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I guess I can see where you guys are coming from, I personally would rather enemies levels scaling to your level on new game plus.
But Xenoblade games are different, you see level 80 enemies at beginning areas. You see variety different level enemies out there, they are not same as games like dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Last edited:

Wunray

But Xenoblade games are different, you see level 80 enemies at beginning areas. You see variety different level enemies out there, they are not same as games like dark Souls or Bloodborne.
ugh don't remind me XBC2 got me and even I knew better......

ugh don't remind me XBC2 got me and even I knew better......

It's all part of the Xenoblade charm, right? Like in XCX when you get stomped into the ground like a bug while exploring by an eternal millesaur so enormous it blocks out the sun. It only serves to make the revenge that much more satisfying when you come back and solo them with your amazing skills and powers later. You're like Fingolfin fighting Morgoth...except he didn't have lazer guns and flying mech armour.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
You do get cool new items by leveling down in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. You just trade in your extra exp you have earned from leveling down to a person called the traveling bard.

He is located at the inn at Goldmouth. And various other towns.

You get items like an extra accessory slot for a driver of your choosing. Its the only way to get that.

It helps a lot in new game plus.

See here;

Wunray

It's all part of the Xenoblade charm, right? Like in XCX when you get stomped into the ground like a bug while exploring by an eternal millesaur so enormous it blocks out the sun. It only serves to make the revenge that much more satisfying when you come back and solo them with your amazing skills and powers later. You're like Fingolfin fighting Morgoth...except he didn't have lazer guns and flying mech armour.
LMAO xbcx was filled with that stuff, like they got the feed back from xbc and was like turn the dial to 11.

Wunray

You do get cool new items by leveling down in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. You just trade in your extra exp you have earned from leveling down to a person called the traveling bard.

He is located at the inn at Goldmouth. And various other towns.

You get items like an extra accessory slot for a driver of your choosing. Its the only way to get that.

It helps a lot in new game plus.

See here;
Might have to give it a try later down the road.

Last edited:

This guy hasn't played it but he makes the case that it could be a surprisingly big seller. Like how it's launching on a system that is popular and owned by a lot of people, but which also doesn't have other big games coming out at the same time to compete with. Xenoblade 2 sold very well despite having incredible games out the same year like Mario Odyssey and BotW to go up against for switch screentime/dollars, but XCDE is only really competing with Animal Crossing in this fashion.

Plus you got Shulk being a smash character, the game's already strong reputation by word of mouth, people being stuck indoors which is the perfect time to go on an epic 100 hour gaming adventure...there's a lot of reasons to think XCDE might perform above expectations, further cementing the likelihood of Xenoblade sequels and maybe making a XCX port more reasonable to hope for.

LMAO xbcx was filled with that stuff, like they got the feed back from xbc and was like turn the dial to 11.

Hells yeah, and I love it. Great place to explore but sometimes you gotta transform your mech into a car and gtfo asap, lol

You're like Fingolfin fighting Morgoth...except he didn't have lazer guns and flying mech armour.

If he DID have lazers and mech armour, he would still be king right now

Well in handheld mode for XC2 just run with really low resolution compare to other games on Switch. Is wasn’t “unplayable” but it’s best played on TV.

Right, I haven't played XC2 yet, but I hear people complain or argue about performance in handheld mode a lot. It won't effect me either way because I like to play switch games on a big TV in HD

royox

Well in handheld mode for XC2 just run with really low resolution compare to other games on Switch. Is wasn’t “unplayable” but it’s best played on TV.

It was the low resolution plus the blurriness. For me it was unplayable, got dizzy every 10 minutes.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I really liked XBC2 combat system, even thought the story was kind of shitty.

How does this compare to it? Is it a more mature title? Is the combat system similar? I didn't play the original.

Last edited:
This guy hasn't played it but he makes the case that it could be a surprisingly big seller. Like how it's launching on a system that is popular and owned by a lot of people, but which also doesn't have other big games coming out at the same time to compete with. Xenoblade 2 sold very well despite having incredible games out the same year like Mario Odyssey and BotW to go up against for switch screentime/dollars, but XCDE is only really competing with Animal Crossing in this fashion.

Plus you got Shulk being a smash character, the game's already strong reputation by word of mouth, people being stuck indoors which is the perfect time to go on an epic 100 hour gaming adventure...there's a lot of reasons to think XCDE might perform above expectations, further cementing the likelihood of Xenoblade sequels and maybe making a XCX port more reasonable to hope for.

I would be very disappointed if XCDE did not sell extremely well for them. Unless there is something broken about this version of the game that pisses the fans off this game is in great position to do very well.

Danjin44

I really liked XBC2 combat system, even thought the story was kind of shitty.

How does this compare to it? Is it a more mature title? Is the combat system similar? I didn't play the original.
I don’t know if my opinion can help you regarding the story since I personally loved the story in XC2 and also really liked story in original XC as well, take that as you will.

As for the combat, the core combat system is similar but original game doesn’t have Blade system like XC2.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I don’t know if my opinion can help you regarding the story since I personally loved the story in XC2 and also really liked story in original XC as well, take that as you will.

As for the combat, the core combat system is similar but original game doesn’t have Blade system like XC2.

You can't switch blades? You mean no waifus? :messenger_loudly_crying:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Waifus or not you will see the Blade system makes XC2 combat very different beast compare to original even tho the core combat is the same.

I'm confused, so what exactly do you switch in XC mid battle? From the videos I'm seeing it it does not seem to have elemental damage?

Top Bottom