• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

Mael

Fritz said:
Not to be a killjoy, but are you sure about this? I rember games with weird region splits like German/Portugese/Polish and English/French/Spanish/Italian. Sure there will be an English voice option but I am not 100% sure about the subtitles.
Well with the French subtitles you won't get the German subs...

wsippel

Banned
Still can't get over how incredible the title sequence looks, especially in HD:

wpr85.png

Vamphuntr

Shiggy said:
When did that happen? Should've only happened on DS because those game cards have less space.

For a niche game like this all versions will be the same, subtitles don't take too much space.

Indeed you are right. Inazuma only had one language on the cart because it had localized voices which probably filled the cart. As such each region had a different "version".

Mael

Vamphuntr said:
Indeed you are right. Inazuma only had one language on the cart because it had localized voices which probably filled the cart. As such each region had a different "version".

It's a product linked to the anime they were trying to launch at the same time.
As is there was zero reasons to provide alternate languages either.
I mean it was part of the marketing plan.

Shiggy

Mael said:
Well with the French subtitles you won't get the German subs...

Do you've get a source for that? This hasn't been done with any NoE game on Wii.

DS games with country-specific versions due to voice acting are indeed Inazuma Eleven and the Layton games (except for the first one).

Vamphuntr

Mael said:
It's a product linked to the anime they were trying to launch at the same time.
As is there was zero reasons to provide alternate languages either.
I mean it was part of the marketing plan.

That's a good point but at the same time it raises the production cost. Having different batches of carts to produce must not be free.

RPGCrazied

Anyone from the US order from Zavvi before? I'm wondering if I should go to another site, but Zavvi is the only one with the normal edition for sale, and the free shipping is indeed nice.

Shiggy

RPGCrazied said:
Anyone from the US order from Zavvi before? I'm wondering if I should go to another site, but Zavvi is the only one with the normal edition for sale, and the free shipping is indeed nice.

Do it, you can't do much wrong. If it's completely damaged just send it back.

We want to ensure you are always happy when shopping with zavvi.com. To ensure this, we offer an "absolute satisfaction" guarantee where you can return any unopened item within 14 days of the date when you received the order.

That's actually what they are required to do by EU law.

Mael

Shiggy said:
Do you've get a source for that? This hasn't been done with any NoE game on Wii.

DS games with country-specific versions due to voice acting are indeed Inazuma Eleven and the Layton games (except for the first one).
Ah no, what I meant is that it's not such a big deal, they've been doing this for ages anyway.
In the box of games you usually get a manual in 2 languages.
So it stand to reason that SNES carts were made for the France/Netherland part of europe back then (and when games were translated there was only the language of the country in it, Secret of Mana is French only in France and so on).
On the disc usually the setting on the Wii takes precedence so... it's a bit harder to check.
I remember OoT being multilingual but not with all the languages of Europe...
Really I wouldn't know in this case (was just making a pun or something).

Vamphuntr said:
That's a good point but at the same time it raises the production cost. Having different batches of carts to produce must not be free.
That's pretty much how they roll, they've been working like this since the SNES days anyway so I guess they don't like change or something.

RPGCrazied

Shiggy said:
Do it, you can't do much wrong. If it's completely damaged just send it back.

That's actually what they are required to do by EU law.

I don't mind if the case is messed up, I can just use another one. Does it really take up to 3weeks to get something from that site, living in the US like me?

Does anyone know how to cancel a preorder on game.co.uk? I didn't actually set up an account, just ordered it one-off and I want to cancel, but I can't find the option anywhere

Edit: nvm

daffy

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
I don't mind if the case is messed up, I can just use another one. Does it really take up to 3weeks to get something from that site, living in the US like me?
YMMV, took me 6+ weeks for my first order. I've heard many good reports that it arrives within the 2 weeks though. If you really want free shipping it couldn't hurt I guess.

RPGCrazied

FTH said:
YMMV, took me 6+ weeks for my first order. I've heard many good reports that it arrives within the 2 weeks though. If you really want free shipping it couldn't hurt I guess.

Wow. 6 weeks?! Even 2 weeks is to long. Knowing our luck, the day our shipments get shipped NoA will come out and give a release date like August 26th. :|

RPGCrazied said:
Wow. 6 weeks?! Even 2 weeks is to long. Knowing our luck, the day our shipments get shipped NoA will come out and give a release date like August 26th. :|

Wouldn't they normally ship the game sooner before the release to get the arrival date and the release date closer since you preordered (even if you're ordering internationally) or do they not care about that? I've never preordered before...

RPGCrazied

Bel Marduk said:
Wouldn't they normally ship the game sooner before the release to get the arrival date and the release date closer since you preordered (even if you're ordering internationally) or do they not care about that? I've never preordered before...

I don't know. This is my first import ever. While that does sound cool, I seriously doubt they will ship it out before the release date. Unless someone has experience from them doing that.

I don't know if this is relevant in anyway since I'm in the UK, but when I've ordered games from thehut in the past they usually ship them 2-3 days in advance of the release date.

FTH said:
Yeah I don't wanna take the risk. But why hasn't Game.co.uk or someone else put up just the game itself? $90 for the bundle is ridiculous (that's shipping included), $50 for the game is perfect...

Bel Marduk said:

Game usually ship a couple of days early for pre-orders, but LE's that weigh more are sent via courier so they ship later (I'm from the UK so I wouldn't know if they would send it earlier for international orders)

BTW, does anyone know if the posters will come with the normal edition?

MidnightScott said:
Yeah I don't wanna take the risk. But why hasn't Game.co.uk or someone else put up just the game itself? $90 for the bundle is ridiculous (that's shipping included), $50 for the game is perfect...

Zavvi have the normal edition up for sale.

They don't. They're part of the LE.

Damn, I would have preferred to buy the normal edition & wait to see what they did for The Last Story, although I suppose I can always sell the CC to someone who wants one to match their red Wii.

daffy

Banned
MidnightScott said:
Yeah, very strange. Maybe they just want as many LE preorders as possible or something. Hopefully by July 19th it'll be up.

Vercimber

Bel Marduk said:
How much did you pay? The standard is like EUR 46.99 and that's like $62?

I paid what came to 60 Euro with shipping, but this is the LE. I know it's likely a more expensive alternative, but I want to receive it quickly. Also, I've read US-based reviews of amazon.de, and nearly all are glowing. Doing it for the extra security.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Fritz said:
Not to be a killjoy, but are you sure about this? I rember games with weird region splits like German/Portugese/Polish and English/French/Spanish/Italian. Sure there will be an English voice option but I am not 100% sure about the subtitles.
Only certain DS games (games with voice acting) did this. All Nintendo published Wii games are multi 5.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Mr. Hyde said:
August 19th?! Hmm. My school starts either the 28th or beginning of September. I can do this..
You guys have school in August now? That's horrible, glad I graduated in '96 :p

oblo

Seeing that box makes me want to change my pre-order from normal to CE... I already own a white Classic Controller, a black Pro and the SNES one... I really don't need it, but it does look sexy and would go well with my fresh red Wiimote Plus... Decisions, decisions.

weeaboo said:
WTF this can't be ingame or Dolphin, it must be some kind of artwork.

It's the main menu, running on Dolphin.

If you leave it without pressing any buttons, time passes in the background so the sky changes.

weeaboo

CruxisMana said:
It's the main menu, running on Dolphin.

If you leave it without pressing any buttons, time passes in the background so the sky changes.

I-it... it looks so beautiful *_*

Speevy

Banned
I'll be glad when this game and those others get released somewhere that speaks English. Frankly I have to say this whole campaign, while spirited and noble in sentiment, ignores the larger problem of Nintendo not releasing its own games between now (a long while now) and Skyward Sword.

Snaku

Banned
wsippel said:
Still can't get over how incredible the title sequence looks, especially in HD:

http://i56.tinypic.com/wpr85.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I still can't get over that the WiiU won't be able to do that.

Alex

Good, now my stupid ass won't be trying to play this and Disgaea 4 at the same time.

Dolphin videos! Does it run well on Dolphin? That'd be really nice, Wii games look HORRIBLE on every TV in my house. Especially MH3 though and it's fucking 360p bullshit, fuck sakes Capcom.

Top Bottom