• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

madara

Mejilan said:
A Wii game will NEVER require an HDTV or component cables, as it isn't an HD-capable system.

I mean will the pal hz difference stop me from playing these on older tv with s-video?

Aeana

madara said:
I mean will the pal hz difference stop me from playing these on older tv with s-video?
I have played European Wii games via composite on an NTSC SDTV. Played Another Code: R and Disaster that way. Pretty sure most (all?) European Wii games support 60 Hz.

ymmv

Banned
Chittagong said:
Seriously tempted.

Loved Last Odyssey, hated FFXIII, got bored with Blue Dragon. Wonder how I would like this. Also, would it look good on a 52" 1080p lcd?

That intro sure looked incredible on my 42" 1920x1080p plasma. I can't wait to see the localised version on it. (I only hope that the emulation is good enough to play a full game using Dolphin. I'd hate to play for hours and then find I can't continue any further because of some emulation bug.)

matmanx1

Does NCSX not do European imports anymore for us folks in the States? I remember getting the first Agarest War as a European version from them a few years back.

I'm torn on when exactly to order Xenoblade. I know I want to play it and I have no faith in NOA so an import is a surety. However I would need a second Wii for my game room or further assurances that Dolphin emulation would be a viable option. No point in ordering the game if I don't have anything to play it on.

Shiggy

Mejilan said:
A Wii game will NEVER require an HDTV or component cables, as it isn't an HD-capable system.

We never say “never,” but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring Wii games that require an HDTV or component cables at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!

Not quite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyXaS4OO5VM

35c2buu.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
ok i literally had a dream about Xenoblade Chronicles last night coming to America. This is some fucked up shit that it's entering my dreams. I wasn't even thinking about it or anything but there it is in my dreams.

My dream had me in a Wal-Mart/K-Mart type store walking down the aisle and being shocked to find that Xenoblade Chronicles had been stealth released in America already. Only, it must have been stealth only to me since it was basically sold out (they even had a Xenoblade/Wii system combo - no shit. I remember the way it looked vividly. My dream actually had the Xenoblade cover art plastered elegantly over a blue Wii box with a blue Wii inside. And then I saw one copy of the individual Xenoblade unit left on the shelf and I grabbed it. Went to grab my friend and then turn back and SOMEBODY HAD STOLEN MY COPY. What proceeded was a chase sequence in my own dream where shit was getting knocked all over as I located the guy with my copy and killed him mercilessly.

This was one fucked up dream. I can't even remember the last time I dreamed about anything game-related, and my dream picked Xenoblade? Operation Rainfall has gone too far

Amir0x said:
ok i literally had a dream about Xenoblade Chronicles last night coming to America. This is some fucked up shit that it's entering my dreams. I wasn't even thinking about it or anything but there it is in my dreams.

My dream had me in a Wal-Mart/K-Mart type store walking down the aisle and being shocked to find that Xenoblade Chronicles had been stealth released in America already. Only, it must have been stealth only to me since it was basically sold out (they even had a Xenoblade/Wii system combo - no shit. I remember the way it looked vividly. My dream actually had the Xenoblade cover art plastered elegantly over a blue Wii box with a blue Wii inside. And then I saw one copy of the individual Xenoblade unit left on the shelf and I grabbed it. Went to grab my friend and then turn back and SOMEBODY HAD STOLEN MY COPY. What proceeded was a chase sequence in my own dream where shit was getting knocked all over as I located the guy with my copy and killed him mercilessly.

This was one fucked up dream. I can't even remember the last time I dreamed about anything game-related, and my dream picked Xenoblade? Operation Rainfall has gone too far

Phase four has begun...

Shiggy

Amir0x said:

team_psychiatrie02b.jpg

They might help you :)

daffy

Banned
Amir0x said:

I actually had a similar dream for Earthbound. Minus the steal + chase part.

Scoops

Banned
I've been pretty against modding my Wii all generation but now that the Wii is towards the end of its life-span anyway, I think a soft-mod may be in order and get some of the games I was never able to get.

Emitan

artwalknoon said:
God I love that title screen. Its captivating in its simplicity.
Yeah, I run the game in Dolphin in 1080P on one of my monitors and just leave it there. It's so amazing.

dwu8991

Banned
Scoops said:
I've been pretty against modding my Wii all generation but now that the Wii is towards the end of its life-span anyway, I think a soft-mod may be in order and get some of the games I was never able to get.

Buy a second hand wii for cheap, that way you won't lose as much if your system gets bricked.

Emitan

Aeana said:
I have played European Wii games via composite on an NTSC SDTV. Played Another Code: R and Disaster that way. Pretty sure most (all?) European Wii games support 60 Hz.
Some games are 50Hz. It's on the back of the box.

lol at you guys saying it's "too hot to do anything". I live in Texas. Come on, son.

Keikoku

Banned
Will buy day one with a Wii.

BUT I can't help to think that I'd like to play this in HD with some AA at least. Not trolling by any means, it's my most wanted game right now since I'm an huge Baten Kaitos/FFXII fan.

eXistor

It's been a long while since I've been excited for a jrpg, but Xenoblade looks fantastic. I was always gonna get it, but now that the release it getting closer, I'm starting to realise how great this game actually looks. I especially dig the huge environments, that's a big part of the reason why I adore FFXII and from what I've heard Xenoblade trumps even those.

NEO0MJ

Keikoku said:
Will buy day one with a Wii.

BUT I can't help to think that I'd like to play this in HD with some AA at least. Not trolling by any means, it's my most wanted game right now since I'm an huge Baten Kaitos/FFXII fan.

Join the PC master race!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Amir0x said:

...Well...
Operation Rainfall can add this dream for their campaign.
Achieving the mass-media attention with a human case like this would be very easy, and N, in order to not lose a lot of popularity, could be forced to localise every title to avoid that this happens again.
Thanks, Amirox. You give them a new weapon.

dwu8991

Banned
Mpl90 said:
...Well...
Operation Rainfall can add this dream for theri campaign.
Achieving the mass-media attention with a human case like this would be very easy,and N,in order to not lose a lot of popularity,could be forced to localise every title to avoid that this happens again.
Thanks,Amirox.You give them a new weapon for Operation Rainfall

Make it rain boys!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
dwu8991 said:
Make it rain broken dreams boys!

Fixed

P.S. And now that I think about it, when they'll appear on television to promote OR, there's only one theme to use.
Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

pgtl_10

Posted in another thread:

I find it amazing that 365gamers.co.uk only charged me around $52 for the game and included free shipping. The game is almost as cheap as US.

Even all the problems that Europeans have to go through to import, they are kind enough to allow us Americans to import for cheap.

I love Europeans.

Edit: Big Papa the game is for the regular edition.

Codeblue

ASDA is offering 10% off of game orders with the code Julynin until midnight of July 10th (GMT?).

The game comes out to $42 shipped from them. I put my order down with them since the coupon is limited time. I'll just cancel if something better comes along.

wsippel

Banned
SciencePilot said:
Can't be quoted enough. That's really stylish. I'm trying to think of any title screens better than that, but I'm drawing a blank.
At least it's Nintendo's typical style. Pretty much all games start with a realtime rendered scene, usually a loop, with either the logo or just the "Press A" text overlaid - no logos or anything. Some games have some interesting gimmicks going on, I believe Last Story changes the loop depending on how far you are in the game. Love it. I'm not sure, but I think Xenoblade does something similar.

TDLink

wsippel said:
At least it's Nintendo's typical style. Pretty much all games start with a realtime rendered scene, usually a loop, with either the logo or just the "Press A" text overlaid - no logos or anything. Some games have some interesting gimmicks going on, I believe Last Story changes the loop depending on how far you are in the game. Love it. I'm not sure, but I think Xenoblade does something similar.

Interesting effect (that I like a lot). Last game I remember with a title screen that changed as you progressed was Jet Force Gemini on N64. Pretty sure a few of the multi-disc games have changed a bit in the past as well when you were on different discs...that isn't quite the same though.

FreeMufasa

I'm getting more and more hyped for this. Nearing TLS level hype.

Call me crazy but I have a feeling Xenoblade is going to do really well. I wouldn't be suprised to see it at 200k-500k in a years time.

Anth0ny

Amir0x said:

damn straight

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
$53 shipped... so tempting dammit. I haven't touched my Wii in months. I don't even have it hooked. Hell I don't even know what mod its running =P

matmanx1

Relix said:
$53 shipped... so tempting dammit. I haven't touched my Wii in months. I don't even have it hooked. Hell I don't even know what mod its running =P

Yeah that's a fantastic deal. I wonder how long that shipping will take though? If it's packed freight on a slow boat then you will be waiting weeks. If it's Economy Airmail then go for it.

Top Bottom