• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

Codeblue

Relix said:
$53 shipped... so tempting dammit. I haven't touched my Wii in months. I don't even have it hooked. Hell I don't even know what mod its running =P

$42 on ASDA until that coupon expires.

matmanx1

Both 365gamers and Zavvi only offer the free shipping option for US orders. What's up with not offering a faster service for those of us who don't mind paying a few dollars more to get the game earlier?

matmanx1 said:
What's up with not offering a faster service for those of us who don't mind paying a few dollars more to get the game earlier?

Perhaps they just don't have access to any faster methods of international transportation?

Go_Ly_Dow

matmanx1 said:
Both 365gamers and Zavvi only offer the free shipping option for US orders. What's up with not offering a faster service for those of us who don't mind paying a few dollars more to get the game earlier?

There's no faster service for a few dollars more.

matmanx1

Allan Holdsworth said:
There's no faster service for a few dollars more.

I may have missed it but I couldn't find where Zavvi specified what shipping option you were getting with the free service. I found on 365game that they estimate 4-12 working days for the US which sounds like standard airmail which is good enough for me.

Codeblue said:
ASDA is offering 10% off of game orders with the code Julynin until midnight of July 10th (GMT?).

The game comes out to $42 shipped from them. I put my order down with them since the coupon is limited time. I'll just cancel if something better comes along.

Really? The site says "FREE UK Delivery on all orders" - but does the same go for the US too? Also they don't charge you till they ship right?

near

Gold Member
Codeblue said:
Expires tomorrow.

Placed my order and yes, its free shipping to the U.S.

They charge you when the item ships.

Oh right.
Not from the states anyway so I can be patient. :p

wsippel

Banned
pgtl_10 said:
Can European games play in 480p?
PAL60 - 480p with a larger color space. The decision to go with 50Hz made a lot of sense back in the day, though. 50Hz is much closer to film (23.976 FPS), so European broadcasters decided to go with a lower framerate, combined with a higher resolution and a larger color space. With 480p@60, we still get the benefit of the PAL color space, so PAL60 still looks slightly better than progressive scan NTSC.

Codeblue said:
ASDA is offering 10% off of game orders with the code Julynin until midnight of July 10th (GMT?).

The game comes out to $42 shipped from them. I put my order down with them since the coupon is limited time. I'll just cancel if something better comes along.

Just ordered from there. Damn good deal.

anaron

wsippel said:
Reading this thread now is kinda funny. I bet nobody expected them to pull off a game like Xenoblade back then. Reminds me of Retro in a way.
haha, oh 2007.

though they did have to prove quite a bit after their completely fucked management
during the saga games.

[Nintex]

wsippel said:
Reading this thread now is kinda funny. I bet nobody expected them to pull off a game like Xenoblade back then. Reminds me of Retro in a way.
That was quite interesting, the urban legend was that Nintendo wanted to buy a controlling share of Namco Bandai stock and Namco settled by selling Monolith or something.

Nostalgia~4ever said:
I am playing the US version of DQ8 and it has british VA. So what's the problem releasing US copy of xenoblade in british?

Personally I think it depends on the setting and the type of game it is, but I think a game like DQ is more stylized for British VA than Xenoblade. The VA started growing on me though.

Also that thread is hilarious...obviously everyone assumes the worst as usual. I also remember the Monado thread on here where the general reaction was "meh". Who expected this game to be as good as it is?

M-PG71C

Man, fuck the haters in that old school thread. Old GAF (with a few exceptions) sucks for hating on my BK I + II. :D

I'm glad to see it pushed up a month, less waiting! Bring it on!

RPGCrazied

Sagitario said:
Dammit!

I don't want to order from Zavvi =\

What's wrong with them? I'm getting it from there. I guess the slow ass shipping is a cause of concern, but free shipping, no tax and no charge to get it to you to the US seems like a good deal to me.

RPGCrazied said:
What's wrong with them? I'm getting it from there. I guess the slow ass shipping is a cause of concern, but free shipping, no tax and no charge to get it to you to the US seems like a good deal to me.

Demon's Souls
Summer 2010
UK → Greece:
weeks

Codeblue

Double the price for some posters and a $20 controller?

Didn't seem worth it to me. I mean, if you think a red CCPro is worth $40, then by all means, go for it.

daffy

Banned
Big Papa Husker said:
Hmm... should I order from 365Games or pay ~$35 more to get the bundle + posters from Game? :| I don't know what to do..!
Go with the bundle.

The CC Pro looks amazing, and the posters are amazong.

Loto

Codeblue said:
Expires tomorrow.

Placed my order and yes, its free shipping to the U.S.

They charge you when the item ships.

What country did you choose for the card holder address? There is no United States option lol.

Dirtie

wsippel said:
PAL60 - 480p with a larger color space. The decision to go with 50Hz made a lot of sense back in the day, though. 50Hz is much closer to film (23.976 FPS), so European broadcasters decided to go with a lower framerate, combined with a higher resolution and a larger color space. With 480p@60, we still get the benefit of the PAL color space, so PAL60 still looks slightly better than progressive scan NTSC.
I think you're a bit misinformed - PAL60 and 480p are different altogether. PAL60 is a 480i standard (as opposed to the usual 576i/50Hz) that has the same frame rate and resolution as normal NTSC (480i/60Hz), but with slightly better colour (PAL colour encoding).

On the other hand 480p is 480p - progressive scan doesn't use colour encoding (at least not in the sense of PAL/NTSC) because it doesn't use an analog, composite signal (although it might be converted to one on old CRT TVs that support SCART/component video). It is still sometimes labelled "NTSC" simply because of the resolution and the 60Hz frame rate, which are/were the norm in NTSC regions - yes there is a bit of confusion with the terminology. The "PAL" equivalent is 576p, which operates at 50Hz instead of 60, like its interlaced counterpart. However 576p doesn't seem to get as much support as 480p even in PAL regions (and has mostly been supplanted by 720/1080 standards anyway) - for instance PAL Wiis support 480p but not 576p (to answer the original question).

I hope that helps clear things up and wasn't too confusing.

mAcOdIn

matmanx1 said:
I imagine most international places don't want to bother since customs is completely out of their control, they could overnight it and it might sit for a week regardless of anything on their end, it'd probably be a pain in the ass to deal with angered customers who spent extra but still had to wait two weeks regardless. I wouldn't bother offering it to be honest.

epmode

So is GAME going to stock the regular edition? I'll be importing from America and this retailer looks like a good way to go but I still only see the LE on game.co.uk.

Reveirg

Special edition pre-ordered for importation on game.co.uk ! I hope all goes well for the shipping (to Canada).

I'm also waiting for my Disaster copy, I need to mod my Wii and that game will serve as a test!

udivision

So... Americans are going to be playing this on non-modded Wii's the same way they can play Brawl+/Proj:M/Brawl-? Or is it more complicated than that?

Hi2u

Banned
So if I get the normal version from Asda will I have to buy a classic controller to be able to play the game? I know I have the old white classic controllers but the red one that comes with this game looks different in the button and stick placements?

Hi2u said:
So if I get the normal version from Asda will I have to buy a classic controller to be able to play the game? I know I have the old white classic controllers but the red one that comes with this game looks different in the button and stick placements?

The red one is a CC Pro. The game's playable with a Wii remote + nunchuk and a regular CC too.

Top Bottom