• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Gvaz

Banned
Sharla
is the only one in the game who has breast jiggle physics.

Melia
is my wife and
Fiora
is my consort, lol

Sharla
is just a friend's gf who is hot but you don't really want her.

Creepy posting, engage!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Gvaz said:
Sharla
is the only one in the game who has breast jiggle physics.

Not far enough to have met (somewhat late game character spoiler)
Vanea
yet? Or maybe you just weren't looking.

Gvaz

Banned
Lissar said:
Not far enough to have met (somewhat late game character spoiler)
Vanea
yet? Or maybe you just weren't looking.
I'm like 30-60 minutes from entering
Mechon Field
?

MicH

Oh man, just unlocked Shulks and Sharlas fourth skill trees as well. Awesome! Didn't think I would get Sharlas where I did. Anyway, I have no idea where to get the three remaining. Hopefully they'll just pop up!

jgwhiteus

RPGCrazied said:
How do you equip heavy armor?

It's a learnable skill you have to spend SP on - Reyn definitely has it in a skill tree (think it's the first skill); later, you can have other characters learn the skill through Skill Links / Affinity Coins. E.g., I gave Melia the "equip Medium Armor" skill so she'd be a bit better protected.

Gvaz

Banned
Is there a list of mobs that drop skillbooks? I've been finding a few here and there, like I found one on a mechon (forgot which) for I think
sharla
which made me o_O

it wasn't even a named mob but it was in a gold chest.

jgwhiteus said:
It's a learnable skill you have to spend SP on - Reyn definitely has it in a skill tree (think it's the first skill); later, you can have other characters learn the skill through Skill Links / Affinity Coins. E.g., I gave Melia the "equip Medium Armor" skill so she'd be a bit better protected.
Sharla has it in one of her skill trees also :)

Salih

Gvaz said:
Is there a list of mobs that drop skillbooks? I've been finding a few here and there, like I found one on a mechon (forgot which) for I think
sharla
which made me o_O

it wasn't even a named mob but it was in a gold chest.

Here

edit: oh wait - you mean regular mobs? cause that list only applies to the unqiue ones.

MicH said:
Oh man, just unlocked Shulks and Sharlas fourth skill trees as well. Awesome! Didn't think I would get Sharlas where I did. Anyway, I have no idea where to get the three remaining. Hopefully they'll just pop up!

how how how how how? PM me.

Hiltz

Hela said:
Are you OCD? Because I can't think of any other rational explenation.

:(

I don't want the game to end and there' s still a lot to do! Is it crazy that it took me 154 hours to finish Monster Hunter Tri's single player mode?

JumpingTheGun said:
how how how how how? PM me.

Go to
Colony 9 and talk to Desiree. She hangs out behind the Gem Man inside that hanger area near the back fence. I don't know if you need 3 or 4 stars for Colony 9 to activate it, but I had four at the time.
As for
Sharla talk to Rasha (purple nopon) on Sacred Altar floor on the side from between 6:00 - 18.

Hiltz

What does it mean when a character has learned a "new art" but doesn't have any new moves listed in the art icon menu list? Does that mean that one of your skills in the skill tree has finished upgrading?

Gvaz

Banned
You might be getting it confused with you learned a new SKILL when you get skill points in a tree that completes one of the little segment things.

Otherwise it is in your Arts list.

So I'm level 87. Where can I train? I'm sick of going to that one place filled with like 2 monsters and most of them don't have yellow over there name :(

Edit:Trying not to spoiler said spot. :p to lazy to spoiler tag atm.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hiltz said:
What does it mean when a character has learned a "new art" but doesn't have any new moves listed in the art icon menu list? Does that mean that one of your skills in the skill tree has finished upgrading?

There is definitely a message for that.

Dascu

MatthewB92 said:
So I'm level 87. Where can I train? I'm sick of going to that one place filled with like 2 monsters and most of them don't have yellow over there name :(

Edit:Trying not to spoiler said spot. :p to lazy to spoiler tag atm.
The Telethia in Alcamoth are in the level 85-90 region. I think the new area in Tephra Cave has enemies around level 90 too.

Drek

So thinking about picking this up, but I'm also getting a new PC soon. Would people recommend I play it on Wii or wait and play it through Dolphin with goofy res?

Delio

Gvaz said:
Proest Setup: 7th character spoilers don't highlight

Fiora/Shulk/Melia, control melia.

I tried this combo and it just doesnt beat the Topple all the fucking time combo of
Melia/Shulk/Dunban, controlling melia ofc

MicH

My questlog is completely empty until
Eryth Sea
(midgame location spoiler). FEELS GOOD, MAN!

Spent the last five hours or so questing.

Gvaz said:
*stares and blinks unbelieving into space*

why the fuck would you put a pic of such a late game area? I'm not even there yet, wow. The whole fun of the game for me is discovering each new location. Thanks guy. Why did I even come in here?

ramyeon

VindicatorZ said:
why the fuck would you put a pic of such a late game area? I'm not even there yet, wow. The whole fun of the game for me is discovering each new location. Thanks guy. Why did I even come in here?
Yeah that's not cool. There's a spoiler thread guys - start using it damnit. Especially for unmarked or vaguely marked shit like this.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This thing looks AMAZING in Dolphin, btw. Clear textures, brighter colors, crisp lines, farther draw distance, 60 fps....yeah.

Beautiful.

Fine Ham Abounds said:
Dude, that's cold blooded, picking on people browsing on their iPhones like that.
Surley iPhone users would best browse with the User CP option "Show Images (including attached images and images in code)" not ticked. I'm not on any phone but do that anyway. Kind of annoying when people do image links as you only get a link to the image and not the thing they linked to, in the case of the example, thumbnails.

I'd also suggest anyone worried of spoilers (for anything, really) or animated gifs gobbling up bandwidth to do the same.

[QUOTE=MicH]Spent the last five hours or so questing.[/QUOTE]
Free from having to see !...for now. Quests are like a gaming backlog, the only way to win is to ignore them.

[QUOTE=ElTopo] Just ONE ...MORE...ITEM ! Sigh...
Edit:
D'OH, I need another one to complete my register for that area....[/QUOTE]
Its even worse when you had the collectable but just [B]had[/B] to register it into the collectopedia to complete that category/area only to find you didn't like the reward you got.
edit: or...both. Might be best to save before the area completion when you first find the item. Some folks also reckon collectables are determined upon pickup meaning you should get to an area, not pick any up, save then pick them up and if none have load and try again (still tedious) as blue orbs don't respwan without hard reset.

Gvaz

Banned
VindicatorZ said:
D:

It's completely out of context, people really care about this? How does this affect your enjoyment? It's not like it's an image of the final boss or something.

Also I think this is a bit unreasonable because if you leave the main menu on long enough it will show you places like
Alcamoth
or elsewhere. I was shown
mechonis field
before I ever got there for example.

wrowa

Gvaz said:
D:

It's completely out of context, people really care about this? How does this affect your enjoyment? It's not like it's an image of the final boss or something.
Most people in this thread put even the area names in spoiler tags. In a game about exploration, people don't want someone to spoil the looks or the setting of an area for them. I've finished the game, and I know that I would hate you for posting those pictures; especially the second one :p

You might not agree, but since this thread isn't called "post a bunch of screenshots" there is nothing you can do but stop posting the pictures directly.

Gvaz

Banned
You guys are absurd.

Some of the location names should be spoilered but not all of them.

Some guy was spoiler tagging the name of fucking mario galaxy levels in another thread, I'm like really?

It still doesn't change the fact the game itself shows you the locations if you leave it on the main menu. You'll see pretty much all the major locations.

carlos

So I lost in a fight against a certain lvl 70 big boss, then spent 40 minutes in the menus, equipping new stuff, creating gems, equipping gems, making skill links....
Tried again against the boss, flawless victory, pretty much finished him in one link attack (lol).

wrowa

Gvaz said:
You guys are absurd.

Some of the location names should be spoilered but not all of them.

Some guy was spoiler tagging the name of fucking mario galaxy levels in another thread, I'm like really?

It still doesn't change the fact the game itself shows you the locations if you leave it on the main menu. You'll see pretty much all the major locations.
I don't think this is a matter of dicussion. You might think it's okay to post the images, but others don't. You aren't the only person in this thread so show some respect. What's there to lose for you if you just post some links? There might be a few people less who look at them? What a loss.

I can send you a picture of the final area of the game, if you want to. :p

LaneDS

WanderingWind said:
This thing looks AMAZING in Dolphin, btw. Clear textures, brighter colors, crisp lines, farther draw distance, 60 fps....yeah.

Beautiful.

60 fps? I thought it was locked at either 25 or 30 after patch? Did I miss a new build or something?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Having trouble getting the game to start now. So, yesterday I got the game and installed it onto my SD card. I started the game, played, had a good ol' time. Today, when I try to start the game, it just hangs and never starts. Any idears? Should I just run it from the actual disc? Couldn't get that to work yesterday...

TIA

kenji said:
when can I get the books that upgrade Shulk and Reyn and Sharla's skills to the highest level?
Advanced Artes manuals? They're not bought, drops only and rare at that (what kind of things drop them)
Uniques and enemies towards the end of the game. Some are on enemies you need to be post-game level to beat (getting the manuals and mastering all artes is where most players draw the line for 100%). In other words, you may well end up with over 100,000 unspent AP.

kenji

Starwolf_UK said:
Advanced Artes manuals? They're not bought, drops only and rare at that (what kind of things drop them)
Uniques and enemies towards the end of the game. Some are on enemies you need to be post-game level to beat (getting the manuals and mastering all artes is where most players draw the line for 100%). In other words, you may well end up with over 100,000 unspent AP.
ah, shi-
I wanted to use full power for the final bosses, nevermind then :\

Top Bottom