• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

desu

LiK said:
FUCK. Why France only?

I dont know, but checking forums for collectors editions make me thing France gets more collectors editions/steelbooks whatever than any other country in the world.

wsippel

Banned
crazyjah2003 said:
I am in the second area; Useful info for some earlier post:
I wouldn't be so quick to build parties yet, especially with characters I see in all building of them. I have lot's of regrets about which character I spent hours leveling up and getting close to. :(
XP, SP and AP are evenly distributed across all party members, including inactive characters.

LiK

desu said:
I dont know, but checking forums for collectors editions make me thing France gets more collectors editions/steelbooks whatever than any other country in the world.
Man, and I thought UK got the most steelbooks.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
DMPrince said:
something something importers email saying game won't on US wii. reply back to email if you want to cancel. if not order will be shipped out monday.
Aaah. Found the email in my spam folder. Thanks much for the heads up!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
bodine1231 said:
Dolphin Emulator. Since you are already buying the game just emulate it while you wait.
Wrong answer.

I would have saved my ass like this:

"...You can go swim with the dolphins while you wait for your legitimately purchased game to arrive!"

Sayah

Anyone know any place where I could buy it for cheap and have it shipped to North America? I went on ebay and the prices are outrageous.

Sayah said:
Anyone know any place where I could buy it for cheap and have it shipped to North America? I went on ebay and the prices are outrageous.

Check the OP.

But if you want it cheap, then you're looking at Zavvi or 365games.

BocoDragon

shadyspace said:
lolwut so my cousin set his wii to 16:9 on his 4:3 SDTV and that fixed the text problem. According to him nothing's cut off either.
I'm sure the picture is pinched and the characters look all thin.... If that fixes unreadable text, more power to him :p

Ace 8095

BlazingDarkness said:
That's not the kind of thing you should be admitting to on here
Why is it considered unethical to download a game you've already paid for and is being shipped to your house? Xenoblade isn't even on piratebay yet so it's not really an option anyway.

Ace 8095 said:
Why is it considered unethical to download a game you've already paid for and is being shipped to your house? Xenoblade isn't even on piratebay yet so it's not really an option anyway.
I don't make the rules man, I'm just lookin' out for him

BocoDragon

Ace 8095 said:

It gives every pirate a shield of deniability "oh I'm just waiting for my copy to arrive".

And yes, the game is out there according to forum chatter.... No further discussion of that IMO..

BocoDragon

Princess Skittles said:
"The publisher," eh?

If that's accurate, I wonder if Nintendo of America can still just shrug this away. Rhetorically, cause I know the answer.
notmyproblemreggie.jpg

Zafir

Sayah said:
So 29.85 UKP comes out to $48 USD and there is free shipping internationally as well? AMAAAAAAAAAAZING.
One final question. They do accept paypal right?
I often use paypal when buying from them, so yes.

LiK

Princess Skittles said:
"The publisher," eh?

If that's accurate, I wonder if Nintendo of America can still just shrug this away. Rhetorically, cause I know the answer.
Reggie: "oops, no more? No need to bring it over".

Ace 8095 said:

You don't download it, rip it directly from the disc you purchased.

I messed around with the JP version in Dolphin a little and didn't think it looked significantly better, maybe a little sharper but not a lot of benefit. Of course I didn't get past the opening battle because my laptop could only chug out an excruciating 15 fps with all the upscaling stuff turned on.

Sayah

Princess Skittles said:
"The publisher," eh?

If I can get the game for as cheap as Zaavi is offering it, then it doesn't really matter if NoA brings it here. I'll have to reinstall homebrew on my Wii but I've heard that has become much easier than before now as well. As long as it has English, I'll be fine.

McNum

Princess Skittles said:
"The publisher," eh?

So, NoE is running out of Xenoblade disks? Before the official release date? Wow! Either they lowballed it heavily, or the game is selling like it deserves to. I'm thinking that nintendo underestimated it, though.

I'll still be picking mine up tomorrow.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
BocoDragon said:
notmyproblemreggie.jpg
I am foolishly still sitting on the sliver of hope that it will change.

I think once all three Rainfall games are out and there's still silence from NoA, I'll import all three in a single swoop.

Princess Skittles said:

I think once all three Rainfall games are out and there's still silence from NoA, I'll import all three in a single swoop.
i think they'll just use what games they have coming out. if those sell they'll forget these other games exist.

Fritz

Finally got home. Package wasn't there. Had to check amazon. Eventually the ice cream guy downstairs kept it for me. Am looking at the title screen now. See you guys.

P.S.: Thanks Bebpo for the awesome review ages ago that got me to pick this up.

Zafir

HisshouBuraiKen said:
You don't download it, rip it directly from the disc you purchased.

I messed around with the JP version in Dolphin a little and didn't think it looked significantly better, maybe a little sharper but not a lot of benefit. Of course I didn't get past the opening battle because my laptop could only chug out an excruciating 15 fps with all the upscaling stuff turned on.
I tried the japanese version on Dolphin and it looked far better on it than my console. I couldn't really play it very well though. My 2.66Ghz quad core really lets me down for emulators which only support dual cores.

BocoDragon

Princess Skittles said:

I'd prefer to have a North American copy too, if one exists later. But I don't think it's likely. They've given us every indication of that. I'd rather be part of NoE's sales and reward them for doing the right thing.

On the rare chance a NA copy is released, I'll sell the PAL version off. I don't think that's happening though. It's Terranigma 2011.

Fritz said:
Finally got home. Package wasn't there. Had to check amazon. Eventually the ice cream guy downstairs kept it for me. Am looking at the title screen now. See you guys.

P.S.: Thanks Bebpo for the awesome review ages ago that got me to pick this up.
tell us more about this.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
BocoDragon said:
I'd prefer to have a North American copy too, if one exists later. But I don't think it's likely. They've given us every indication of that. I'd rather be part of NoE's sales and reward them for doing the right thing.

On the rare chance a NA copy is released, I'll sell the PAL version off. I don't think that's happening though. It's Terranigma 2011.
I'm just not TOO excited for Xenoblade, so I'm okay waiting for The Last Story, at least.

DMPrince said:
tell us more about this.
It means the cracker dealer in the hood, but that was when I was in high school, it might be different now.

Top Bottom