• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

ruxtpin said:
Will try and let ya know. On that note, is Gecko OS the preferred way to go to play this on my NTSC Wii? I just want the easiest route so it plays. I'm not concerned with having anything on a hard-drive at this point.

Yeah, Gecko OS should be enough for you to pop the disc in and have it work on an NTSC Wii.

Zwei

Big One said:
Wow @ the overwhelming amount of positive reception here. How well is it selling?

Apparently, there's a shortage going on.

flyover said:
Yeah. Don't know why I'm so excited for my copy to arrive, when I don't even have my Wii, yet. But I am.

lol, I thought I was the only one. I'll probably pick one up off Amazon soon.

weeaboo

Big One said:
Wow @ the overwhelming amount of positive reception here. How well is it selling?

We have an interesting report from one retailer

http://twitter.com/#!/shoptonet/status/104187180540366850

Due to the unexpected late demand for Xenoblade Chronicles the publisher has experienced great stock shortages of this title

Reknoc

BlazingDarkness said:
Can you link them all straight away or do you need to let the story progress for the affinity to go up?

I'm not entirely sure, sometimes quests do it. I just make a habit of talking to every blue dot on the map I come across and sometimes a link will change or appear.

I wish whoever made localization decisions at NoA was fired in favor of the person who makes those decisions for NoE.

365games emailed me and said that it hasn't been canceled.

Ronian

Neo Member
I am a EuroGAF member, but I plan to play some US/JAP games later. Now I read in many forums that people try to avoid the 4.3e update. Is it important to not get this update for modding my wii?

Shiggy

Big One said:

It's not officially out...we only have Amazon charts as an indicator.

Germany: 36 & 91
France: 2 & 5
UK: 12
Italy: 9

Don't know how much that says though.

Chesskid1

Banned
i read this game has a trading/crafting system..

i don't like that stuff in rpgs. so is it completely optional and it's items you can eventually find/buy or is there a bunch of exclusive stuff and you can have to do crafting/trades to get it?

Hiltz

I received my sd card in the mail today and purchased Xenoblade from 365games. Hopefully, I won't get any payment problems via e-mail.

I read on Go Nintendo that the red classic controller bundle hit #1 on Amazon France. The standard edition is at #5.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I preordered my CE from GAME last night and they've already dispatched my copy! *ecstatic*

*eagerly waits at the door while studying for psych exam*

weeaboo said:
We have an interesting report from one retailer

http://twitter.com/#!/shoptonet/status/104187180540366850

Due to the unexpected late demand for Xenoblade Chronicles the publisher has experienced great stock shortages of this title
I hope it sells well. If it does come to NA, I'll double-dip and support it (even if Reggie's statement regarding EU sales may have been PR bullshit).

Most of the cutscenes are really good.

Still confused about the breaking the vision thing, need to study the instruction manual. Btw, getting 100% in the Collectapedia page of a zone nets you some nice items.

wrowa

Shiggy said:
It's not officially out...we only have Amazon charts as an indicator.

Germany: 36 & 91
The CCPro edition was sold-out yesterday anf for most of today, they just recently got some new stock apparently. That's the reason why it looks so low.

Chesskid1 said:

i don't like that stuff in rpgs. so is it completely optional and it's items you can eventually find/buy or is there a bunch of exclusive stuff and you can have to do crafting/trades to get it?
It's optional. I would say there is probably stuff exclusive to the crafting/trading, but it hasn't been absolutely game changing so far.

I also don't understand the crafting. lol
I had absolutely no idea what was going on between one being a shooter and one being the engineer. Looked like a pretty cheerful activity, though.

kiryogi

Banned
GasProblem said:
Most of the cutscenes are really good.

Still confused about the breaking the vision thing, need to study the instruction manual. Btw, getting 100% in the Collectapedia page of a zone nets you some nice items.
You break the visions by doing something to counteract it. IE: stun the enemy, change the focus to a different character, raise a barrier, or heal the person to so that it's not a mortal blow. Of course it's all circumstantial how you go about it.

Chesskid1 said:

It's optional, although I imagine it does help.

It's a very easy and basic gem crafting system to get your head around.

^beaten.

Shiggy

wrowa said:
The CCPro edition was sold-out yesterday anf for most of today, they just recently got some new stock apparently. That's the reason why it looks so low.

Yes, true, before that the limited edition was charting pretty high on Amazon Germany.

wrowa

Also, according to a German game store owner Nintendo shipped only 30% of the shipment to wholesale distributors. The rest went straight to the big retailers. That's according to him the reason why many game stores don't have enough copies to satisfy the demand (in Germany).

bubnbob

Banned
Ronian said:
I am a EuroGAF member, but I plan to play some US/JAP games later. Now I read in many forums that people try to avoid the 4.3e update. Is it important to not get this update for modding my wii?

You can update to 4.3 just fine now.

Shiggy

wrowa said:
Also, according to a German game store owner Nintendo shipped only 30% of the shipment to wholesale distributors. The rest went straight to the big retailers. That's according to him the reason why many game stores don't have enough copies to satisfy the demand (in Germany).

So they underestimated demand?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Chesskid1 said:

I crafted a few times, but had no interest in it myself. I got enough gems from from quests or otherwise finding them around. Trading is so easy though you wouldn't think of it as a hassle. Just find any item laying about on the ground that is equal value to what you want and bam, new stuff. It can come in handy during quests where you need to find specific items and don't want to have to hope and pray an enemy drops it.

You almost never have to buy stuff though. That's one problem, shopping is near useless. Except for skill books.

kiryogi said:
You break the visions by doing something to counteract it. IE: stun the enemy, change the focus to a different character, raise a barrier, or heal the person to so that it's not a mortal blow. Of course it's all circumstantial how you go about it.

I'm still early in the game, but the easiest method seems to be to active the Monado's shield art.

I imagine you have to be more pragmatic later in the game though.

Chesskid1

Banned
how's the armor variety? i know from the past posts that you can see the armor you wear, but is there a wide variety?

if DQ9 taught me anything, it's that i absolutely love upgrading and seeing how my new armor looks like. i liked it so much id go out of my way to hunt armor.

Manaka

Just got my 3DS and forgot about this :/
But as a European I have to do my part I guess, or else USGaf could blame me when it never gets localized ^^

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Manaka said:
Just got my 3DS and forgot about this :/
But as a European I have to do my part I guess, or else USGaf could blame me when it never gets localized ^^
"How dare you waste the jRPG on your plate when millions of kids in America are STARVING!! (for jRPGs)"

Zwei

Lord Ghirahim said:
I'm quadrupledipping, JPN x 1, EUR x 2, AU x 1. I must have it all.

andre-iguodala-gets-paid.jpg

MLH

Received the game this morning and have played a few hours so far:

When I first started the game I felt overwhelmed; the world is huge, but an arrow points you to your main goal (you can freely explore/ take quests whenever). There are many items, abilities, character building possibilities (Although this is typical with a new RPG, you have to get used to what items and materials are useful). Also the battle scenes at first seemed chaotic, with too much information at once. I couldn't see where my enemy is or which direction it is facing (This is important for certain attacks).

But after about an hour of play, I was a bit more used to things. You can't really go challenging monsters a few levels higher than you (I discovered this the hard way). Also Items (at least so far) aren't used in battles, you automatically heal at the end of a battle, with takes some of the fun away, in my opinion.

However, after spending a few more hours, I find this game has many surprises that I won't spoil here. The story picked up quickly and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Battles do get better, more complex with strategy needed.

So many of my previous complaints can be ignored.

Music is very nice but I wish there was an option to lower voices/ sound effects, and increase background music.

If I had to pick one main complaint it would be battles, I'm very traditional when it comes to JRPGs and I like turn based combat. So, at least for me, I would have preferred some pause option (similar to Dragon Age or FF12) so I can sort out positioning and what attacks to use. I find everything moves too quick for my old, slow mind.

chris121580

So the game was shipped out today from GAME. Is there any way for me to track it? or will GAME update it once it's been delivered? Right now it just says "Your order has been dispatched." There's a delivery tracking option below that for both royal mail and special but when I choose royal, it asks me for a 13 character reference code and I don't think I ever received that. I'm in North America by the way.

Aeana

Chesskid1 said:
how's the armor variety? i know from the past posts that you can see the armor you wear, but is there a wide variety?

if DQ9 taught me anything, it's that i absolutely love upgrading and seeing how my new armor looks like. i liked it so much id go out of my way to hunt armor.
There's tons of equipment. I think each enemy can drop at least one piece of equipment, some drop multiple kinds.

First impressions. As noticed earlier, game is 16:9 "only" like erm NSMBW, Kirby's Epic Yarn and DKC R. It was quite funny booting it up and getting a mega letterboxed screen (I run Wii in 4:3 on a 16:9 monitor...well, not for this game I don't).

I've put a couple of hours into it so I've barely even began really. Its been good so far though. Though I'm not sure if the AI orders tutorial has occurred yet or not, I just thought about it and that is making battles a bit more of a close call than the should be.

Sadist said:
Damn those
Mine monsters are hard. I walked in casually and got killed by big ass Caterpile. lol
I'm at that part too
I decided to walk past them...shame after I fought some enemies further away I tapped the R button and my party members fan towards those Caterpiles...so I ended up with my ass kicked too...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
How bad is the letterbox? I'll be playing on a 4:3 TV...

Donkey Kong Country Returns wasn't so bad, but it's not an RPG, there's not much to read or a lot of information to keep track of in battles.

Hmm Club Nintendo...guess I'll do it tomorrow morning..not that matters since all I'll get is 250(+50) stars and the soundtrack sample due to not being French.

Alextended said:
How bad is the letterbox? I'll be playing on a 4:3 TV...
I only saw the title screen but its a 16:9 window in the 4:3 screen (so expect black to be 12.5% of the top and bottom). BocoDragon (did I get the wrong user?) was saying a relative was having trouble reading text, so you might have to sit close to the screen.

Wait, you can download the soundtrack from NoE? I can't seem to find it on their page.

EDIT: It's Club Nintendo? Guess I won't be able to get it then. :(

Zafir

Reknoc said:
Worst part about crafting is Shulk and Reyn doing their Chuckle Brothers impersonations.
Lol? How so? I've gotta see that.

chris121580 said:
So the game was shipped out today from GAME. Is there any way for me to track it? or will GAME update it once it's been delivered? Right now it just says "Your order has been dispatched." There's a delivery tracking option below that for both royal mail and special but when I choose royal, it asks me for a 13 character reference code and I don't think I ever received that. I'm in North America by the way.
Your order number is the tracking code. It gives an error saying it's an incorrect code if there's no tracking for that order though.

Top Bottom