• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

squall23

You know, I finally remember why I played the Japanese version with wiimote and nunchuk instead of CCPro. It was because I could actually move AND choose my Arts at the same time whereas with the CCPro, I had to just stand there.

Pietepiet

Got mine! Don't have time to really play it right now (gotta get up early for Gamescom tomorrow), but I popped it in real quick to try it out. Absolutely gorgeous game, and the music is fantastic too.

Will properly play on saturday with the girlfriend. Can't wait to really get into this game!

Starwolf_UK said:
Hmm Club Nintendo...guess I'll do it tomorrow morning..not that matters since all I'll get is 250(+50) stars and the soundtrack sample due to not being French.

I only saw the title screen but its a 16:9 window in the 4:3 screen (so expect black to be 12.5% of the top and bottom). BocoDragon (did I get the wrong user?) was saying a relative was having trouble reading text, so you might have to sit close to the screen.
That was me. FYI he said putting the wii in 16:9 made the text much more readable but of course that brings its own host of problems.

[Nintex]

Wow this game is quite incredible. It really feels like a world I want to discover and I actually like most of the characters. The pacing is so well done and the music is magical.

Oh Wii you suck so much at times but when you deliver it's magical. It's the console I hate and love the most at the same time, crazy.

Reknoc

Ah no, it's 12.

slaughterking said:
Just finished the OST download. This is what's in it:

bw6lpr47h3gm9m0rb.jpg

Tracklist

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
squall23 said:
You know, I finally remember why I played the Japanese version with wiimote and nunchuk instead of CCPro. It was because I could actually move AND choose my Arts at the same time whereas with the CCPro, I had to just stand there.
You can still technically use the D-Pad and analog stick at the same time though, I think?... it's just awkward.

On the other hand, with the Wiimote/Chuk, you can't rotate the camera at the same time as running.... and I love choosing cinematic camera angles while I'm adventuring!

kiryogi

Banned
BocoDragon said:
You can still technically use the D-Pad and analog stick at the same time though, I think?... it's just awkward.

On the other hand, with the Wiimote/Chuk, you can't rotate the camera at the same time as running.... and I love choosing cinematic camera angles while I'm adventuring!
You can't? That's news to me. I do it all the time for wiimote combiniation.

AndyMoogle said:
Wait, you can download the soundtrack from NoE? I can't seem to find it on their page.

EDIT: It's Club Nintendo? Guess I won't be able to get it then. :(
Its the 12 track CD which Australia (and Japan?) got as pre-order bonus. Given those tracks are in MP3 it makes me wonder if the in-game files would be similar quality (actual CD could be higher quality but depends on how they made it and other factors like the master sample quality).

Boring technical tangent...

That said given the CRI Ware logo on the back of the back of the box the game probably definitely* uses .adx format. Odd thing is Nintendo have their own generic streaming format used in quite a few games so all I can think is Nintendo must charge a royalty fee for it...even for a company they have an 76.8% stake in (or is it 80%, sold 80% of 96% could mean either, right?).

*-CRIWARE say so. I just noticed CRIWARE really need to update their English site as Xenoblade isn't listed there, is on Japanese though (oh Pandora's Tower uses it too). Looking at the Japanese site it seems Xenoblade also uses the video format...hmm...

Aeana

BocoDragon said:

Sure you can. You hold C and press the dpad to rotate the camera.

Now, what you can't do is rotate the camera and select arts at the same time. Or select targets at the same time.

JerkShep

I've just arrived to the second large area and the landscape is amazing, combined with the epic music (that reminds me of Wild Arms for whatever reason) I just wanted to cry tears of joy.
I'm a big Takahashi-fan and have waited this game for a long time, but never expected to be this good. It's a big leap forward for Monolith, they are just getting better and better.
There is so much content that you could probably remain in the first area for 8-10 hours and still have some quest to do/place to explore. There could be no plot, and you'll eep going forward just to see the next location probably. But the plot is there, and even if is not the most original story ever written, the script is pretty good so far (loving the English VA, btw).
Thanks NoE.

UberTag

JerkShep said:
I've just arrived to the second large area and the landscape is amazing, combined with the epic music (that reminds me of Wild Arms for whatever reason) I just wanted to cry tears of joy.
I'm a big Takahashi-fan and have waited this game for a long time, but never expected to be this good. It's a big leap forward for Monolith, they are just getting better and better.
There is so much content that you could probably remain in the first area for 8-10 hours and still have some quest to do/place to explore. There could be no plot, and you'll eep going forward just to see the next location probably. But the plot is there, and even if is not the most original story ever written, the script is pretty good so far (loving the English VA, btw).
Thanks NoE.
How much do you want to bet that the person who made the call for NoA to not release this game has not even bothered to play it? They just saw a brief game description, perhaps a screenshot or two, the genre of the game being JRPG... and concluded, "Oh that can't possibly be any good. It won't sell. Let Europe put it out."

Meanwhile on August 18th... MetaCritic Score = 91

I have to assume this because I can't even fathom how any sane person could play a game of this quality and reason there would be no audience for it.

Reknoc

BlazingDarkness said:
Where is Luka? He's a boy in Colony 9, I need him for a quest but I'm not sure where he is

If it's the one I'm thinking of he should be in the Residential District near the bridge to the lookout place, usually around afternoon time.

RPGCrazied

I sure hope tomorrow is the day. I'm glad to see so many people liking it. Tomorrow will only be day 5 of the big wait, so probably not gonna happen. Makes me mad, if this was a worldwide release, I could be playing this right now, or at least by tomorrow when the release date hits.

Antagon

Is there any easy way to find npcs again that gave you quests? Need to go back to Dionysus to give him an item, but can't find him at the area mentioned in the quest log.

JerkShep

Antagon said:
Is there any easy way to find npcs again that gave you quests? Need to go back to Dionysus to give him an item, but can't find him at the area mentioned in the quest log.

Look at the location on the quest itself and look at the npc-chart to find out when the npc is available (for example "6.00-13-00"). Hope that helps.

exhume

Sigh, I wanted to buy this game, but my retailer was out of stock. Now they're back in stock but my card got blocked due to (real) fraudulent activity! Guess I'll have to wait a little longer...

Peagles

Zafir said:
Your order number is the tracking code. It gives an error saying it's an incorrect code if there's no tracking for that order though.

Thanks for that. I just spent too long trying to find the answer on the Game website...
I guess it turns up when it turns up then!

RPGCrazied

By the way. Can you set A.I for the teamates? Like if I want one of my teammates to tank, will they? Or do you have to play as that character yourself?

LProtag

Hah, and my mom got a package from UPS as well. I knew it was too good to be true but I'm also expecting other stuff in the mail, so yeah.

RPGCrazied said:
By the way. Can you set A.I for the teamates? Like if I want one of my teammates to tank, will they? Or do you have to play as that character yourself?
You could play them if you wished - but the characters with tank abilities like Reyn will use their aggro attracting moves when needed. Shulk also has a move that removes aggro from him.

The only AI you can set is if you want the others to attack the enemy you're targeting or attack targets individually, or attack nothing and stand by you. You only gain direct control over the other characters moves during a chain attack.

RPGCrazied

Corleth the Fey said:
You could play them if you wished - but the characters with tank abilities like Reyn will use their aggro attracting moves when needed. Shulk also has a move that removes aggro from him.

The only AI you can set is if you want the others to attack the enemy you're targeting or attack targets individually, or attack nothing and stand by you. You only gain direct control over the other characters moves during a chain attack.

Okay, thanks! Can you switch party members in battle?

Diffense

The SD Card reader needed for Wii hack is set to arrive tomorrow according to Amazon.
I'm crossing fingers that the game does too. Tomorrow is the official release date after all.

BlazingDarkness said:
My Fiora is rockin a pink and purple frilly dress and a metal skull cap :lol so good

Where did you get those?

I don't seem to have gathered much equipment, although I haven't bothered buying any.

kiryogi

Banned
Don't bother buying, you'll find newer gear easily in the areas ahead. Not to mention it's often better as it offers more slots or better stats.

kiryogi said:
Don't bother buying, you'll find newer gear easily in the areas ahead. Not to mention it's often better as it offers more slots or better stats.
Are you saying don't bother buying equipment at the early outset or don't bother period?

kiryogi

Banned
shadyspace said:
Are you saying don't bother buying equipment at the early outset or don't bother period?

Period. Although some others tend to argue and do it anyway. You'll find so much off enemy drops it starts to become a hassle to stop and check every single time. The only thing you should be spending money on really are the arts books.

K444WSR

I can't express how jealous I am of all you guys that have already got your copy. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning from game but won't get round to playing it until late in the day. This is the most hyped I've been for a game in a long time and it's largely down to all the positivity from people on gaf. I thank you all and look forward to enjoying this amazing game alongside you guys.

kiryogi

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
No biggie. I'll main Shulk for the first play through anyways. Nice to hear Reyn can use tank abilities and have them attack him.
I'm so serious about this, but really give Melia a shot. It's hard to go back after her. . . Although my dream team was Melia/Shulk/Dunban. My current one I can't really say.

Top Bottom