• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - First official online play info

Nice to hear the quests have co-op after all.

I think this could also reinforce the game having a heavy narrative focus like Xenoblade since if there wasn't a large story emphasis they could probably put in co-op for the whole game instead of just quests.

Jolkien

Is it any sidequest that are playable in multiplayer or there's a seperate set of quest that are online play only ?

Diffense

Need more info though. Just how are you going to be questing with four other people? Will there be separate smaller maps/planets for online? C'mon guys, spill the beans.

Need more info though. Just how are you going to be questing with four other people? Will there be separate smaller maps/planets for online? C'mon guys, spill the beans.

Most likely,

Mech obstacle courses, Maybe Easter Egg kind of Hunting thing, Superbosses

jmizzal

The pre-load for the game which went live in Japan a short time ago confirms the following details:

- Single Player RPG
- 4 Players Online Quests
- 32 Players Indirect Online (For Information exchange and item trading)

holy crap I thought the online co-op quest dreams were dashed, I read thru some of the direct thread and didnt even see this mentioned

The game is gonna be even better, I hope you can do side quest from the main game in the co-op and it effects it so that you dont have to worry about doing it again.

Xenoblade chronicles had so many this will help ease it down

I'm going to keep my hopes in check until they show us how these modes work

4 vs big monster sounds too good to be true if it is like MonHun it might sell some copies in Japan

Item trading has me the most excited

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
YAAAAAAAS!

aUslqGQ.gif

I look forward to make some quest with some GAF members =D
We should add eachother.

foxuzamaki

Now can Nintendo please raise the friends list cap above 100? That is horribly small. My PS4 has a 2000 friends cap. I hope I can quest with people through Matchmaking or off of my friends list... I wonder about Voice Chat... I have a feeling Nintendo may not include it because "family friendly".
yes, god yes, your the first person to point this out but I ran out of room on my friend's list a while ago, you know how many people wanted to add me for smash?

DrWong

Great news. Now let's wait for the details/vids.

Also, now that we have a confirmation of online play I think we can expect some post release support, at least new quests/items/mech custom items/boss... And why not, if we're lucky and Nintendo is on fire, new maps/areas?

Akhe

YIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

42GVKp2.gif

Whelp, I need to buy a WiiU for my wife to play with me.

OryoN

Well, I wasn't expecting actual online quests, so I'm pleasantly surprised. As for the indirect online aspects, I got just what I expected, and even stuff I hoped for. :D

I'm guessing that means not being able to directly traverse the world with an online squad. Rather - as the details implied - leave messages, tips and clues within the game world. It would be cool if you can trade stuff at certain in-game locations, or stash items for other players to find.

foxuzamaki

The actual hypothetical of fighting a huge unique monster with friends in a planned out strategy brings me to near orgasm for some reason.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
The pre-load for the game which went live in Japan a short time ago confirms the following details:

- Single Player RPG
- 4 Players Online Quests
- 32 Players Indirect Online (For Information exchange and item trading)

ibmfkZnAPlw53s.gif

The day this game comes out I'm buying a Wii U and taking a week off.

TheMoon

I don't think there is a more eloquent summation of the OP than this.

Treehouse or 8-4 or whoever... whatever you're localizing... stop and just work on Xenoblade X.

You want them to stop localizing Zelda? :)

8-4 just finished MH4U and they're 99% sure to reprise their role on Fire Emblem If, too. Treehouse is already going full-steam ahead on XenobladeX. No reason to worry.

Your concern is touching. Especially considering in the other thread you said you had no interest in this game anyway.

Don't feed the troll. He's wasting everyone's time in any and all Wii U threads with this vocal disinterest.

I wonder if there will be any form of communication. I remember seeing a chatbox in one section of the original trailer but it hasn't been seen since then.

Min0

I wonder if there will be any form of communication. I remember seeing a chatbox in one section of the original trailer but it hasn't been seen since then.

Apparently the game supports usb keyboards, so chat communication is basically confirmed.

Doorman

For the other recent talk the game's had about BLADE members and the whole union selection thing, this loose connection stuff sounds like a neat step in the right direction. This way people in certain unions can still focus on the particular tasks that they want to without necessarily losing out on the rewards of others. Goes a nice way into the feeling that you're working with a much larger group.

Blunoise

this makes me think that you can customize your mech and maybe haven an apartment that you cab decorate and show others, also i hope some new exclusive areas for multiplayer like maybe some moon quest :)

batbeg

I wonder how the 32-player indirect multiplayer will work. Like a live lobby of NLA where people can walk around, shop, see eachothers houses or whatever. I also want to see the depth of options for playing together in 4-player though, like whether or not you have the chance to play with a friend for hours or if you keep getting kicked out, match up again, do a new quest, repeat. I hope the next big video touches on the multiplayer because I'm really interested in the idea of exploring Mira with others, even if I'm not usually much of a multiplayer gamer.

Seik

Banned
I will make friend amongs a lot of GAFers I guess, like it did with MK8. :p

I can't not think about how awesome a battle involving 4 mechs on a single giant monster would be!

YIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

42GVKp2.gif

Whelp, I need to buy a WiiU for my wife to play with me.

So basically two Wii U's in the same house and separate TV's? More power to you man. It would be cool if they could have a Hyrule Warrior's type mode where one player can game on the Gamepad and do Co-Op with the player on the TV too.

El Odio

Banned
Can't wait to try to find 3 random collectables or kill 2 weak monsters with online players.

So pumped for this

Can't wait to try to find 3 random collectables or kill 2 weak monsters with online players.

So pumped for this

What about the bug or plant hunt? Can't forget about those quests ;)

Hopefully they group you with only people in your level bracket so you can do pretty much any quest you are currently on together with friends or random people.

TheMoon

this makes me think that you can customize your mech and maybe haven an apartment that you cab decorate and show others, also i hope some new exclusive areas for multiplayer like maybe some moon quest :)

Mech customization is a safe bet considering we've already seen differently colored models with different transformation types, different weapon loadouts and different model designations. And there is a whole Union dedicated to mech R&D quests.

Also: for me, every quest is a moon quest. ;)

Top Bottom