• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Games Announces Wide-Ranging Partnership with Nihon Falcom

XSEED is a pretty awesome company. They respond to e-mails and translate niche titles with a high quality standard in both translation and packaging/extras. But of course, everyone knows this.

duckroll

DarknessTear said:
XSEED is a pretty awesome company. They respond to e-mails and translate niche titles with a high quality standard. But of course, everyone knows this.

Too bad they also lose titles to Ignition, making it worse for everyone who looked forward to those games. :(

duckroll said:
Too bad they also lose titles to Ignition, making it worse for everyone who looked forward to those games. :(

Yeah, if only stuff like that wouldn't happen. Ew... Ignition. They need to disappear. :(

Jomjom

Banned
I hope Falcom eventually decides to update Ys IV and V for the PSP as well. I hate having gaps in a game series; owning I, II, III, VI, and VII without the aforementioned two games will annoy me to no end.

Macstorm

duckroll said:
Oh hey the XSEED shill loves an XSEED game. Shock and awe. Etc. I hope XSEED's paying well for the advertising. Otherwise you're getting ripped off.
Not a dime, but that's OK. I'm not just an XSEED shill. I'll gladly shill for Atlus, NISA, Aksys, Square Enix, etc. I'm flexible.

Given Ys 7 LE size, does anyone here know if its better using VG+ or CDUniverse to ship to Europe? Same price on both so I wonder if chances it gets caught at customs are equal(ly high :lol).

Lain

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Given Ys 7 LE size, does anyone here know if its better using VG+ or CDUniverse to ship to Europe? Same price on both so I wonder if chances it gets caught at customs are equal(ly high :lol).

I don't remember having any problems using VG+ with the Devil Summoner 2 box, which was rather big because of the doll, so I'm not expecting problems this time around as well.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Lain said:
I don't remember having any problems using VG+ with the Devil Summoner 2 box, which was rather big because of the doll, so I'm not expecting problems this time around as well.

Probably depends on where you live. I had to pay customs for that one.
Lesson learned, I now order at axelmusic.com. They send from within the EU.

I was familiar with Ys 3 when I was growing up and saw my brother playing it on Genesis... other than that, i'm a virgin to it all.
Read up the history of the series on Hardcore Gamer101 and now am crazy excited for these PSP releases.

CAN'T WAIT! :D

Jucksalbe said:
Probably depends on where you live. I had to pay customs for that one.
Lesson learned, I now order at axelmusic.com. They send from within the EU.
Oh, was going to say they didn't carry it but it seems they do now. Thanks!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm gonna be in the middle of nowhere for work-related training that week... looks like there's one GS in the area, here's hoping they actually have the LE in.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
djtiesto said:
I'm gonna be in the middle of nowhere for work-related training that week... looks like there's one GS in the area, here's hoping they actually have the LE in.
Preorder it online with instore pickup! :)

Grimmy

Banned
For those eagerly awaiting word on Brandish: Dark Revenant on the PSP, here's Tom Lipschultz from XSEED on the PSN blog:

"As for Brandish: The Dark Revenant, we ARE fans of that game here, and we ARE looking into it for a possible English release. No guarantees on that front, but you know you’ve got a die-hard Falcom fan here pushing for it, so we’ll definitely try our best to bring you guys as many Falcom games as we possibly can. Cross your fingers!"

As for Zwei!! PSP (which I personally really want), the news is not as good:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/03/retailers-not-keen-on-cutesy-games-either/

Anime games and games with “cutesy graphics” are turn-offs for retailers, according to an Xseed employee(s?). Responding to a request for Zwei, another Falcom title, a staffer at Xseed wrote “Zwei is a well-made charming game, but the retailers aren’t too crazy about the cutesy graphics, which makes our job a little more difficult.”

Lain

Grimmy said:
For those eagerly awaiting word on Brandish: Dark Revenant on the PSP, here's Tom Lipschultz from XSEED on the PSN blog:

"As for Brandish: The Dark Revenant, we ARE fans of that game here, and we ARE looking into it for a possible English release. No guarantees on that front, but you know you’ve got a die-hard Falcom fan here pushing for it, so we’ll definitely try our best to bring you guys as many Falcom games as we possibly can. Cross your fingers!"

As for Zwei!! PSP (which I personally really want), the news is not as good:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/03/retailers-not-keen-on-cutesy-games-either/

Anime games and games with “cutesy graphics” are turn-offs for retailers, according to an Xseed employee(s?). Responding to a request for Zwei, another Falcom title, a staffer at Xseed wrote “Zwei is a well-made charming game, but the retailers aren’t too crazy about the cutesy graphics, which makes our job a little more difficult.”

Nice about a possible Brandish localization, which I guess is more tied to how well the first Falcom games sell and if XSeed doesn't die in the mean time, but the second information blows. Fuck retailers.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
On the other hand, they could push for a PSN-only release of Zwei, if little boys have trouble with games that don't have big, muscular men on the cover.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Brandish would be nice, but honestly, that we're already getting 3.5 Ys games and at least 1 real LoH is already incredible.

Top Bottom