• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Holding Event This Week - New Exclusive Announcements at the Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

From Zack Reese, Senior Editor at RPGSite:

There will be an XSEED Games event next week where we will be hearing some exclusive announcements.

https://twitter.com/zackreese/status/652863391355113472

And Wyrdwad:

As to the legitimacy of these particular rumors, I will neither confirm nor deny. There will definitely be some cool announcements coming soon, though, either way! That much is safe to say... especially since it's pretty much always the case, considering how many crazy things we have on our plate at all times. ;)

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27143&st=2250#entry899401

The event is likely taking place on October 14th, according to a source.

FluxWaveZ

61M4mKo3P5L.jpg

Producer

Looking forward to some release dates and perhaps Tokyo Xanadu localization. I dont care for the Luminous Arc vita game or that Net High game much..

also Xanadu Next pls

Isotope

Hoping for a surprise Net High and Tokyo Xanadu announcement, the former not exactly being an easy game to localize, but I'll still have faith.

I hope it's release dates for certain titles. Also Tokyo Xanadu. I'll have to come back to this later to beg for some more titles.

BTA

What exactly is this?

I mean obviously the name is Net High but what is this game

IIRC it's a game about exposing the secrets of "normal" people with information from social networks (specifically something like Twitter?).

So it's a sorta interesting concept in the sense of addressing how people are performative both online and in society, but it sure seems like it's going to execute that in a really gross way.

I'm expecting date announcements for SC and Cold Steel.

Other than that I have no farking clue what they could be announcing. Has there been any big games that fanbases have been clamoring for that AREN'T Falcom related?

FluxWaveZ

That guy looks like a douchey Phoenix Wright.

That's pretty apt, in more ways than one. What he does is point out the contradictions between someone's online persona and their real self, so that the person behind the avatar can be exposed for who they truly are.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's kinda weird how XSEED has become one of the very few companies that, when they have these sorts of events, I get excited. I just know there's going to be some rad shit.

What exactly is this?

I mean obviously the name is Net High but what is this game

In Japan, the term “riajuu” is used online to describe people who live fulfilling lives. Net High centers around riajuu that lie about their lives online. The protagonist, Oreshi (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa), is a 21 year-old part-time jobber and non-riajuu who uncovers those lies using various Internet-specific methods.

The game progresses in two parts. First, there’s the part that consists of gathering information from followers on your social network, collecting evidence with the help of Cil (voiced by Maaya Uchida), an artificial intelligence loaded onto Oreshi’s wearable device. Then, there are the “Flame Wars” (or Explosive Comments Battles, pictured above), through which Oreshi must uncover his opponent’s “lies” about their real lives and point out the truth. If your opponent is high in rank, the battle will be tough, but if you manage to win, you will be rewarded.

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/first-look-net-high-ps-vita

Hopefully we'll get a release date for Trails SC.

I suspect we'll be getting a confirmation of Xanadu Next, since the domain was registered a while back.

Corpekata

Banned
Has there been any updates on Trails in the Sky 2?

Been waiting so long :(

Rep in the Cold Steel thread said the PSP version is in master testing and the PC version should release shortly after that testing is done.

Seems very likely we'll get a release date for it at this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom