• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

kiri

I only first became aware of her during the topanga cup 5v5. I would seriously put my doubts on many knowing her. I would estimate her as above average, from what i had seen

I remember seeing her in tournament last year. If I remember correctly, she was great but not as good as the top Sagats in Japan.

That's where I heard of her, I think. I looked her up afterward and she had a couple of recorded videos from Vanilla, but not much else.

Speaking of Topanga, I need to watch the rest of the Topanga GATE archives from last night. I can't believe Kawaguuchi didn't make it because he had Uryo in his pool, but every pool was like that D:. His play was so good too. Same with YHC-Mochi and Taku.

Thanks for the replies.
Turns out she is my next-door neighbour, so I wanted to know from Western players if anyone had heard of her.

Kioshen

You gotta start following Skullheart on Twitter, bro.

I don't do twitter anymore ... my ocd nature makes following the firehose a mini circle of hell. Plus the signal to noise ratio is one of the worst I've seen on the internet.

Capes are boss. I hope sometime before I die capes come back in style so I can go grocery shopping wearing a cape and shit without people thinking I'm a weirdo or have downs or something.

Cloaks too.

You had your chance when Harry Potter was popular.

A fighting game that has no mix ups.

So just like the original KI ?
#kappa I liked the game too :(

Malice215

Releasing BBCP on the PS4 doesn't ensure long term play until Sony stops making PS3s. It's going to be a while before people move on to the PS4, even longer for tournaments to switch over. How many broke fighting gamers are going to drop half a grand on a new console + games and accessories right now?
unless they're making that eSports money

Plus the people who are interested in BBCP will just import the game anyway instead of waiting for 2014 to come around, so it's not a necessity to put that game out on another platform just yet to a very limited audience.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Thanks for the replies.
Turns out she is my next-door neighbour, so I wanted to know from Western players if anyone had heard of her.

I have some Mepu stories. I met her at TRF (Tokyo Ranking Fighters) in Nakano a few years back in SF4 Vanilla. She beat Radiowave at that time (who was a grandmaster Sagat) and I was mindfucked. I immediately had Kuni Funada (old school SF player if you don't know) help me strike up a conversation at the venue with her, lol. She asked me to not post her photo at the time (this was 4 years ago.) Sorry I can't elaborate, I have to go back to GUTS lol

This was before she was with MOV.
So yeah, shes legit.

Here's me commentating on her match at the end..Damn I sure let it rip since the comments are all shitting on me lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdLhGPLGSvA

Nice scene at the end where it looks like all of Europe jumped on stage together to celebrate Popi's win. Strange for Infiltration to stick with Ryu the whole way. I don't think he does any better against Cammy than Akuma. At least you can spam teleport when you have U2 to escape her pressure game on wake up.

Infiltration used U1 (Akuma) against Popi when they fought in winner's bracket. It was a close match, he probably would have won if he switched to Akuma at any point during the grand finals or at least made it very close instead of a 3-0 blow out by Popi.

Philosophically, I feel like I should really enjoy Blazblue for the systems, but it's just too ugly. The UI is ugly, the characters are ugly, the animation is ugly, the hit sparks are ugly and the combos are the ugliest of any recent game I can think of this side of KI.

If you had a game with all those systems but it looked like 3rd Strike, I'd probably play it every day. I'm sad they didn't work more on P4A sequels, that game is way prettier.

xe7RpGe.png

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The level of play is pretty bleh, but I guess that's to be expected from a small local thing. That Harley wasn't even doing the optimal corner combos. I do that shit. Online.

Still entertaining with Spooky on the mic though <3

Nabs

Speaking of Twitch, decided to cancel my Turbo thingie today. I believed in Twitch and wanted to support this business model and they reward me with laggy streams every time there's a major event like Dreamhack or even GUTS. Sick and tired of this:

CVDzqYI.jpg

It's not my damn fault, stop showing me this message and get your shit together.

I strongly encourage streamers to try other websites like UStream. Twitch needs competition, since subscriptions aren't enough of an incentive to guarantee a good service.

#ditchtwitch

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ustream isn't perfect either. It chugs HARD when you get over 50k viewers. I've seen it time and time again with official streams. Might be better for the low end, but with the Nintendo Direct, Summer Jam, and a few other things I've watched it seems it lags hard. Twitch I guess gives preference to big events or something to circumvent that and fuck everyone smaller over.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Injustice button select truly is the worst thing ever. Not even the supposed glitch, it's just a terrible system in general. Takes me goddamn 3 minutes to explain and set up for when I play with someone new. Absolutely godawful.

Rotanibor

http://www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy

Day two of Darkstalkers: Death & Rebirth, the Darkstalkers major, is live with Vampire Savior.

Pretty sure it should just be various Vampire Savior events throughout the day at this point. Right now they are finishing up one of the many a single elim qualifiers they've been running over the weekend that leads into a final single elimination challenge at the end of the day. I think the regular tournament is starting back up again after this.

SmokeMaxX

Injustice button select truly is the worst thing ever. Not even the supposed glitch, it's just a terrible system in general. Takes me goddamn 3 minutes to explain and set up for when I play with someone new. Absolutely godawful.

Glitch is real. It happened 4 times at Southern Rebellion a few weekends ago. Austin, TX knows about it but noone else did. Caused emotions to run high because a guy was DQ'd who didn't deserve it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo I've been getting that too. Light and Medium together give me interactable sometimes. Is that intentional or another bug?

Too many buttons that do unique things.

Yo I've been getting that too. Light and Medium together give me interactable sometimes. Is that intentional or another bug?

L+M: Interactible
L+H: Throw
M+H: Flip Stance
L+M+H: Meter Burn

It's intentional.

I like it because it cuts down the number of buttons needed. You still need the dedicated meter burn button to do supers though.

Xevren

L+M: Interactible
L+H: Throw
L+M+H: Meter Burn

It's intentional.

I like it because it cuts down the number of buttons needed. You still need the dedicated meter burn button to do supers though.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could turn it off. God knows the amount of accidental shit in this game is infuriating enough as is.

Top Bottom