• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teases 2015 Releases With New Years Image

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is there any summary of possibilities to not read this whole thread ?
Op has all the infos
XP9cHR1.png

https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames

Domain names have spoiled the following:
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Lord of Magna
Trails of Cold Steel (thought to be Sen No Kiseki)
Xanadu Next

Edit:
3eN5dzy.png

Kinki no Magna (Lord of Magna)
???
Oneechanbara Z With NoNoNo
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Only 1 game left. The rest alternating spaces aren't game teases.
The last teaser should be for Corpse Party Blood Drive

Shizuka

From leaks and images, we know six games now. Only new ones from the images are Onechanbara and Ys Ark of Napishtim.

salromano

Looks like it's Corpse Party, props for seeing that part, never thought it'd be the lower leg (I've checked that image before):

wAB4txm.jpg

Edit: GIF ver:

ceuPGDr.gif

This definitely changes my plans for starting on Ys! I'll be doing Napishtim after Chronicles most likely, followed by Felghana + Origins. Gotta do this in conjunction with the Woomb version of Xak maybe.

Eolz

Really bummed about the lack of Senran Kagura 2 and Oneechanbara being possibly the PS3 version (hoping for a Steam/PS4 port or a promo shot for Z2), but still nice I guess.

I know it has been confirmed as teasing only 4 games, but any chance they might announce more this year?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm guessing the order to which the hints are presented in aren't the same as to when they'll announce/release them.

I imagine there's not too much text to translate in Onechanbara (especially compared to the other stuff they've done & hinted at), save for the menus & a few cutscenes. If it is Z2 Chaos, then I think this is the year I really need to pick up a PS4, because there's finally enough games that I want for it.

Tapejara

Sounds like a solid year for XSEED so far. Hope we're getting the PS4 version of Onechanbara as well.

Edit: Does anyone have a list of all upcoming XSEED releases? Including both this list and any previously announced games (Story of Seasons, Brandish, etc).

It'd be a pain to coordinate between the storefronts, but a simultaneous GOG and Steam release of Ys VI (in addition to getting the other installments onto the former) would be cool for building hype.

Really bummed about the lack of Senran Kagura 2 and Oneechanbara being possibly the PS3 version (hoping for a Steam/PS4 port or a promo shot for Z2), but still nice I guess.

I know it has been confirmed as teasing only 4 games, but any chance they might announce more this year?

They've said that this isn't necessarily the entire lineup for the year.

salromano

Sounds like a solid year for XSEED so far. Hope we're getting the PS4 version of Onechanbara as well.

Edit: Does anyone have a list of all upcoming XSEED releases? Including both this list and any previously announced games (Story of Seasons, Brandish, etc).

It's all there in the image:

Brandish: The Dark Revenant (PSP)
Corpse Party (PC)
Story of Seasons (3DS)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter (PSP, PC)

Teasers:

Lord of Magna (3DS)
Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita)
Onechanbara Z or Z2 (PS3 or PS4)
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (PC)

Domains:

Trails of Cold Steel (Sen no Kiseki, most likely) (PS3, PS Vita)
Xanadu Next (PC)

Corpse Party: Blood Drive confirmed for 2015? I have been greatly satisfied. :)

Also need to get into that trials series this year I hope. Don't think I'll really care about anything else of the confirmed ones.

I guess all games including Blood Drive will be digital only huh? I looked at XSeed's amazon page and it seem stheir physical releases are dead, oh well. It has a plainum trophy so I assume its physical in Japan, so I may import it just to have it in my collection lol.

Edit:Oh dear those amazon prices. $70 for a used copy...no thanks. Digital only it is!

Varion

I guess all games including Blood Drive will be digital only huh? I looked at XSeed's amazon page and it seem stheir physical releases are dead, oh well. It has a plainum trophy so I assume its physical in Japan, so I may import it just to have it in my collection lol.
Considering they haven't been properly announced yet, I wouldn't be ruling the idea out just yet. There were plenty of physical releases last year after all -- Rune Factory, Senran, Akiba, etc.

t26

Corpse Party: Blood Drive confirmed for 2015? I have been greatly satisfied. :)

Also need to get into that trials series this year I hope. Don't think I'll really care about anything else of the confirmed ones.

Story of Seasons is definitely getting a physical release. Onechanbara Z and Lord of Manage might have a chance of getting a physical release. Others are digital.

Dumb theory, but Tom said the images may be just about the character and not about the game itself, and considering that Geis is the one for Ys, couldn't it be Ys 8, considering he becomes a recurring character in the series? What if he is in 8 too? =X

Yes, I know the probability of this being almost zero... But I just wanted to say it =P

Also, good job for figuring out those legs.

Eolz

They've said that this isn't necessarily the entire lineup for the year.

Cool thanks! Was asking because I know Marvelous teased SK2 releasing this year in the west (and I'd be surprised to see them localize it), and I would be disappointed if XSEED didn't have one or two games added to this already nice lineup.

Prelude.

Good job with Corpse Party, too bad the domains ruined the surprise.

Others are digital.
You don't know that.

Even if the standard edition turns out to be digital there's always the possibility of a physical LE, as they already did.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I had the guts, I'd finally play the original Corpse Party that I got on sale on PSN in 2013(?) on Halloween aftear hearing about Blood Drive.

ohlawd

good job, guys

pick up list

day zero
Tittehs: Second Chapter

day one
Lord of Magna
Story of Seasons

when it goes on sale
Brandish: The Dark Revenant

already played
Corpse Party PC

lolnever (other teases and domain registrations)
everything else

better be the PS4 game
Oneechanbara

$100 in reserve with your name all over it
Senran Kagura 2

ShinMaruku

If it is really the ps3 title on Oneechanbara and not the super charged version, they have failed me. Who is gonna buy a ps3 game now?

Mr.Jeff

Dumb theory, but Tom said the images may be just about the character and not about the game itself, and considering that Geis is the one for Ys, couldn't it be Ys 8, considering he becomes a recurring character in the series? What if he is in 8 too? =X

Yes, I know the probability of this being almost zero... But I just wanted to say it =P
Two reasons:
- Next to nothing has been revealed for the details of Ys 8 least of all the characters aside Adol.
- The game is set between Game 5 and Game 6. They'd have lots of fun explaining how Adol meets Geis before Napishtim.

Aw yes, out of those 4 games I'm in for Corpse Party and Yssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

I'd also get Xanadu Next and anything else Trails if those are true, and of course I can't wait for BRANDISH and TitS: SC!

when it goes on sale
Brandish: The Dark Revenant

You disgust me, it's already 19.99 :p

Psxphile

Humoring you for a second, but I would doubt that because:

a) What we know about Ys 8 doesn't include if Geis is even in it
b) for Xseed to "reveal" his involvement in Ys 8 in this manner... would be incredibly wrong
c) all we have for Ys 8 Japanese release is 2015. The west might not see it until 2016
d) it's just easier to assume it's Napishtim

Also: Why immediately jump to 8? Why not Seven? Geis was in that too, and there *is* technically a (Chinese) PC port that exists...

... but it's Napishtim. It has to be.

I'm betting that they don't want to reveal Sen until they're confident about a release window, after what happened with SC.

From the games announced, definitely looking forward to Brandish, Blood Drive and Second Chapter

Will probably get Ys

Not really much interest in the others.

The Legend of Heroes: The Ark of Napishtim (PC)

Isn't that Ys?

t26

You included Blood Drive, that's not a PC or PSP game.

Until I hear something official, I am still going to say Blood Drive is digital. The first 2 games are digital even in Europe. (At least Senran Kagura and WotS4 got physical Europe release)

Two reasons:
- Next to nothing has been revealed for the details of Ys 8 least of all the characters aside Adol.
- The game is set between Game 5 and Game 6. They'd have lots of fun explaining how Adol meets Geis before Napishtim.
Oh, I didn't know 8 was before 6. I didn't read much into the game =X, I like playing stuff like Ys blind.

Humoring you for a second, but I would doubt that because:

a) What we know about Ys 8 doesn't include if Geis is even in it
b) for Xseed to "reveal" his involvement in Ys 8 in this manner... would be incredibly wrong
c) all we have for Ys 8 Japanese release is 2015. The west might not see it until 2016
d) it's just easier to assume it's Napishtim

Also: Why immediately jump to 8? Why not Seven? Geis was in that too, and there *is* technically a (Chinese) PC port that exists...

... but it's Napishtim. It has to be.
Well, b wouldn't be true because they used a Napishtim image, then they reveal that it's 8 after Falcom shows the character to us...

d is the reason that I said "chance of this happening is almost zero".

Yazuka

Hopefully it's Oneechanbara Z2 for PS4 that they are releasing. Because I've wanted to import it, but if they release it in the west that would make me very happy.

Also, good job for figuring out those legs.

If it turns out that one of the pics used isn't from the same game in that series they are releasing, then I think it's more likely to be Oneechanbara than Ys.

Prelude.

Until I hear something official, I am still going to say Blood Drive is digital. The first 2 games are digital even in Europe. (At least Senran Kagura and WotS4 got physical Europe release)
They're 2011 and 2013 PSP games, there was literally no way they could have been physical.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's not, Geis is probably not in 8 anyway...

But let me dream, damn it T.T

Next year. It's probably not even coming out in Japan until September or so.

But it's Ys. The chance of XSEED not picking it up is like <1% (and that would probably involve some sort of falling out between the two companies or something).

Next year. It's probably not even coming out in Japan until September or so.

But it's Ys. The chance of XSEED not picking it up is less than 1% (and that would probably involve some sort of falling out between the two companies or something).

Yeah, I guess.

Ys is one of the series that I don't even need to worry about localization. I just wanted it as soon as possible =X

Eusis

And the market for handheld game only gotten worst in 2015.
Well, the year's just starting... but it does look like one of the weaker years for the 3DS going forward. Frustrating that it's come to this, though mainly for what handheld had that consoles didn't, and mobile hasn't really acquired.

Producer

And the market for handheld game only gotten worst in 2015.

doesn't change the fact that XSEED has still given us physical releases for vita games. Look at recent releases like Shinovi Versus, Akiba's Trip 2, etc. We only got Bon Appetit digital only because that was the only version that existed at the time they announced a localization for it.

i'm sure we will get physical copies for their handheld games if a physical copy exists in japan.

Top Bottom