• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xuan Dou Zhi Wang (Chinese PC fighting game)

Keasar

I'm of the opinion that "unoriginality" is harped on too much, but really, did they literally rip the actual super effect from KoFXIII?

I saw that gif on their social media thing and thought I'd see if anyone had managed to play this?

Chuck? Dandy?

A video of the above character.

Isn't that even a whole rip of the moveset from a character in King of Fighters? I recognize it a lot but cant remember the name of him.

I can't even say what I was going to but this is pretty hype though.

The game is a lot better since anybody cared to talk about it last and worth the hassle to be able to play it.

Should be real interesting to see how the game changes when Terry & Benimaru are added to the cast.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Partnership with SNKP : Terry and Benimaru will appear in the game !

http://v.qq.com/page/t/0/a/t001296ni0a.html

Whhhuuu... -ahem- I wish A colaboration with SNKP like this would hint towards them helping to publish the game on consoles, much how SNKP help get Trouble Witches NEO published worldwide on XBLA.

It's obvious this game carries HEAVY KOF inspiration, so it's great to see people so obviously "inspired" get to work with the source.

Isn't that even a whole rip of the moveset from a character in King of Fighters? I recognize it a lot but cant remember the name of him.

The moves in question look a LOT like Kyo Kusanagi's "Rekka" style, but a lot of the angles / actual moves are different / remixed within all that. Even the stage looks like Athena's Concert circa KoF XI.

BadWolf

Lots more footage on youtube, here are matches from a newer build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvl6h1ikKLU

- there are way more characters now (over 20?)
- way more backgrounds
- they are playing KOF style 3v3 instead of 1v1

The gameplay feels very KOF/Mark of the Wolves.

So far I've seen characters inspired by:

Athena (KOF)
Kula (KOF)
Fei Long (SF)
Freeman (MOTW)
Ryo/Ryu/Marco (SF/FF/MOTW)

So...glad SNKP was okay with the "inspirations" for the characters, because it's undeniable they ripped KOF with a lot of these guys.

I thought the Athena rip was bad, that goth looking dude is literally just Freeman. XD

I just watch somebody play this on twitch. I want to play this game really bad. I love playing rip off of fighters. I did that all day in the arcade win Street Fighter, Killer Instinct or Mortal Kombat didn't have the hitters around.

TreIII

It's times like this I wish this game could get the "Chaos Code" hookup so that it can be published on PSN and Live for more people to play.

If it weren't for the fact that SNKP is likely in no position to do such a thing themselves, I'd say they should be taking this "partnership" further.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh shit, it has a female Goenitz.
Link pls!

KOF is like the biggest fighting game in China so it makes sense for them to rip 'em off.
Glad that SNKP is getting paid too :3

Tizoc

Link pls!

KOF is like the biggest fighting game in China so it makes sense for them to rip 'em off.
Glad that SNKP is getting paid too :3

That reminds me: Any truth to the rumor that they didn't get paid or any royalties for CvSNK2?

RS4-

Game looks so smooth. I wish there was an easier for those outside of China to play it, especially offline for tournaments and such.

Wow, just wow.

-A female Benimaru

-Two main guys looking like Kazuki and Sogetsu from SS4 cosplaying as Billy and Jimmy from Rage of the Dragons

-Hon (Ramon) Fu

-Athena's cousin

This is a friggin love letter to SNK.

The graphic artstyle is very Rumblefish like. Still like XII/XIII sprites better, but this feels like it could've been SNK's answer to SFIV style (noticed that punch from Super SFIV intro too). Really want to see how Terry and Benimaru look in this. Based on looks, gotta go with Hon Fu character. If I get a chance to play this, he's who I might main. Is there a Kim-eqsue character in this one?

Edit. Love how Shirley/Goenitz's alternate color is basically C. Viper

Watching videos on youtube has me wanting to play this so bad. Wish I had a chinese id :(

Even if you have, the Game may not be IP-blocked but you will never be able to download any of the patches, since you wont get any good speed from outside of China and it will cancel the patching-progress since it is too slow.

I tried it for about a few months now with all the builds and if I am outside of China, it just wont download the patches fast enough...

Dude in blue has the same fighting stance as Leona...as well as some of the same moves. And the same win pose (minus the teleport).

The guy in red reminds me of a Rugal/Vice/Mature...complete with their specials. The projectile reflect, and specials

The chick in pink is literally Athena....

Green haired dude is like a mix of Kyo and Iori

The Blonde hair American girl is Kula.

Holy shit, watched a archive stream and Terry Bogard is shown. I'm laughing.

The game itself seems to be using KOF13 hit sparks

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd like to see this game on basically everything, even Vita and Wii U! It shouldn't be too hard of a port, the F2P nature could work well with many systems, or offering an "all in" package would be nice, too.

It would also be a nice, quick way for SNKP to keep their brands in peoples minds during the generational shift.

Does anyone on gaf even have a key? I only have like a playerbase of 2 people, since the connections switches from p2p and the servers (in CHINA) once a certain amount of packests are dropped. So sometimes the second round might be super ass when the first was good. But if 2 people live basically in the same country, they can get a decent p2p connection and have decent matches. There is also some bugs with the UI and all and getting kicked from lobbies, and hopefully it would be fixed. I'm a masochist for doing the 5 ranked matches on 2 days for 8000 points, imagine fighting Chris Redfield from UMVC3 with 500 ping using Clark, for 10 matches. On a plus side I bought a character with those points. Everything, even costumes can be bought with in game points and usually weekends have achievements for a lot of points. IGN is sixmachine if anyone wanted to get some games in.

I was really really sure this was going to be a sarcastic remark about some knockoff Terry and Benimaru characters. They must be using them without permission.

Tencent (third largest internet company in the world), the publisher, paid SNK 8 million dollars to add 4 KoF guest characters in this game. The first two being Terry and Benimaru (there is already a character that plays exactly like Benimaru in the game, however).

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Tencent (third largest internet company in the world), the publisher, paid SNK 8 million dollars to add 4 KoF guest characters in this game. The first two being Terry and Benimaru (there is already a character that plays exactly like Benimaru in the game, however).

8 million dollars? US currency? Is that not more than any recent KOF game has grossed? SNK should probably lend all the KOF characters as guests. The character design in this game is bland and derivative, but probably no worse than new KOF characters. Or are there any awesome newer characters? I haven't played in a while.

Top Bottom