• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 1+2 HD for Wii U announced

Kacho

Feb 22, 2011
Virginia
I know Japan loves them some Yakuza games but this seems like such a strange announcement. Hopefully this means we'll see new Yakuza games on the Wii U in the future.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
And those game still are miles ahead of 90% of what you see released today

All over my fucking face YES
They're OK. Pretty damn clunky even for when they were released.

All over your face? Really? Surely if you liked these games so much, you would have already played them on PS2 or PS3, right?

AmanoBuff

Mar 24, 2013
Singapore
This is really nice to see. Hopefully they will come stateside (along with that HD port of FFVIII just announced for the PC of course :) ).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sep 2, 2011
This is weird, I hope it means that N will close a deal to distribute the brand oversea, to obtain it (multi with PS3-4) in Japan (where the brand sells a lot).
I could be interested if it will come PAL

codhand

May 20, 2011
www.sarslip.com
cool announcement, i want to get back into this series, played a good 25 hrs of the first one, but never finished, always got sidetracked with all the crazy quests...

MarkusRJR

Aug 13, 2007
www.geocities.com
I wish Yakuza 1 + 2 HD would come over to NA in any capacity. I was so ready to buy the PS3 version but it never came. Come the fuck on Sega, it requires so little effort.

L Thammy

Nov 4, 2012
Bizarre way to start. These games are like GTA with actual combat systems, right? Not very familiar.

Nibel

Oct 18, 2011
twitter.com
They're OK. Pretty damn clunky even for when they were released.

All over your face? Really? Surely if you liked these games so much, you would have already played them on PS2 or PS3, right?
I've finished the first one a few days ago; buddy gave me Yakuza 1 and I played it via PS2 emulation which was pretty rad

Just saw glimpses of 2 and 3 on his PS2/3, but didn't really bother since I wanted to start with the games on my own

I'm just happy that Yakuza gets more recognition - can't wait to start the second

Red Blaster

Jun 6, 2005
So this is the Japanese equivalent to the Batman AC or Deus Ex ports. What a strange thing to make a big deal out of.
this seems like a moneyhat given that nagoshi said he's done with current gen development and is prepping the next game in the series for ps4

Persona86

Banned
Jun 14, 2012
They spent 10 minutes on this shit. 10 minutes on a late port of an HD port of nearly decade old games.

I guess Nintendo had to really appease Sega. At least they found one third party willing to bring content to their platform.
It could be a sign of things to come. Let's see what happens at E3.

metalslimer

Jun 9, 2012
They couldn't even get a Yakuza Trilogy Collection with 3+4+5?Watch Yakuza 6 be announced as a PS4 exclusive in a few months.