• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 1 Extreme (Remake, PS3/PS4, Jan 2016) and Yakuza 6 (PS4, Fall 2016) announced

if we're talking probabilities it is overwhelmingly likely that Y6 will get localized as Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4 and Y5 have. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got 0.

Yakuza 5 got localised by the skin of its teeth though. If it fails to sell any kind of substantial numbers when it comes out then I fear that would be it for western fans of the series.

I wanted to start my second attempt on the Yakuza series. I played 3 until the first real boss I think and 4 until the point where I had to dress this woman who wanted a loan or something.

Anyway, I will never play 1 and 2, so I wanted to watch those story summaries on Yakuza 3. Is this for real ? It's so fucking small ?

I wanted to start my second attempt on the Yakuza series. I played 3 until the first real boss I think and 4 until the point where I had to dress this woman who wanted a loan or something.

Anyway, I will never play 1 and 2, so I wanted to watch those story summaries on Yakuza 3. Is this for real ? It's so fucking small ?

Yakuza 1/2 are very meaty games. It's easy to dilute the core story into short summaries, but playing through both of them, even rushing through the main story beats is easily 30 hours.

dreamfall

No idea what they're saying, but they look like absolute bosses and this beauty.

Dreams.

pnYOukE.jpg

artsi

And here I was hoping for something other than RGG.

Love the series, but I also loved Binary Domain and would like to see them try something new.

It would be cool, but RGG / Yakuza is their bread and butter in Japan so understandably they will probably focus on it for some time.

sn00zer

Anyone just a bit disappointed its more Yakuza instead of a new IP? They got these games down to a science and they are amazing BUT Binary Domain showed they got a lot more stories to tell.

Rymuth

Anyone just a bit disappointed its more Yakuza instead of a new IP? They got these games down to a science and they are amazing BUT Binary Domain showed they got a lot more stories to tell.
Tbh, I'm more disappointed it's not another spinoff set in a different time period (maybe 1940s Shanghai like Fist of the Blue Sky)

Sweet! I didn't expect to see anything from the game so soon, can't wait to see what they show.

I'm torn on this... I loved BD and really want a sequel, I'd also love a new IP from the Yakuza team as they are great at telling stories.

However the Yakuza series is easily my favourite IP these days, and I loved 100%ing Ishin and 0 but I really want a proper sequel to 5 (it been 3 years almost) and really want to see where they take the story so I really cannot wait to see what they do with the sequel.
Yakuza 1 Remake is also something that I really want, as the story itself is brilliant (probably my second favourite story behind 2) but the combat system could really use a overhaul as newer entries in the series have it beat, so getting a Remake with better combat (along with a whole host of other improvements/inclusions) is a dream come true for me.

Rymuth

Not sure if thread worthy, but SEGA published the video from TGS celebrating 10 years of the franchise along with Hideo Nakano and Nagoshi. Apparently, this video was shown in theaters~

VIDEO

I think I see some new footage (more of Kamurocho, Snake Flower Triad boss fight)

Top Bottom