• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 to feature fully functional Virtua Fighter 2

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
This on top of the Taiko Drum Master game are making Yakuza 5's Sega Arcade sound amazing. It's always been the most underwhelming part of the series.

Malajax

OMGGGGGGG!

If this doesn't come over, I will totally import. Fully function Taiko no Tatsujin AND Virtua Fighter?!

Just take my money already.

Salsa

pretty cool

then again, this is like one of those features where everyone gets excited yet no one ever plays it

Offline only Virtua Fighter 2 that can only be played from within another game? Loved Yakuza since the first one but er...I'll withhold my enthusiasm. Neat, but really, why would you spend time doing this in this day and age? That game's mechanics have been seriously eclipsed.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Nice, wonder what version they're porting. What was the verdict on the PS2 version? I know Shun's stage was fixed but didn't hear much else.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
pretty cool

then again, this is like one of those features where everyone gets excited yet no one ever plays it

I will. I hated that sidescrolling shooter, but I love Virtua Fighter 2.

Fun fact, if Yakuza 5 comes to the states, it'll be the first time VF 2.1 ever came out here.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Dated 3D is dated.

Gimme ports of arcade Outrunners or Fantasy Zone or something.

Malajax

Offline only Virtua Fighter 2 that can only be played from within another game? Loved Yakuza since the first one but er...I'll withhold my enthusiasm. Neat, but really, why would you spend time doing this in this day and age? That game's mechanics have been seriously eclipsed.

One could argue that the mechanics from Super Street Fighter II Turbo have been eclipsed. That doesn't stop it from being a great fighting game.

Tain

Slamming the SEGA AGES 2500 release in there might be easier than writing a decent new minigame, for all we know.

One could argue that the mechanics from Super Street Fighter II Turbo have been eclipsed. That doesn't stop it from being a great fighting game.

It's really not the same thing. Because of the ease of maintaining physics & animations with 3D, VF games are far more iterative across versions than SF instalments. It's almost more like comparing SF II Champion Edition with SSF2 Turbo. There's no nostalgic VF2 scene.

Shenmue am cry...

1407.jpg

Indeed.

This series is up to part five already, and I haven't played a single one. I wonder if I should take a look at some of them?

Jimrpg

we definitely need alex kidd in wonderland from the master system!

reminds me of animal crossing on the gamecube and all the games you could unlock. thats what sega needs to do here!

Coxy

You'll most likely be able to select it from the title screen, you have been with most 2 player minigames in yakuza games

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
That's pretty cool, love me some Virtua Fighter. Now, let's give us some confirmation for a western release please.

Log4Girlz

I love the art style of Virtua Fighter 2. My big dream is to have some huge RPG with character models and general detail around that level.

Finally, a real game in the arcade. I would love to see some virtual rival list you have to work through, like with the fighting arena.

Top Bottom