• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Ishin (PS3/PS4) TGS trailers

Sushigod7

Please please let this be localized someone please please take notice if any Yakuza game needs to be released to the US it's this one. This looks like a dream come true for samurai fan in me.

Sushigod7

Verendus said there will be. I prepared my pitchfork and torch already.

Thank god I can sleep now, I hope we get a proper physical release. Seeing the Vita interaction has me excited for some action there as well. Might push me to buy another Vita.

Sushigod7

The small amount of interest I had in playing GTAV was diminished by this trailer. Now I can't think about anything else for the time being. Gotta love TGS.

JEKKI

looks like a ps2 game

which is fine coz I love ps2 games!!

I have a magic swap card in case the game doesnt get localized!!

I hope my Japanese would be sufficient to play this with Kanji and Japanese dictionary when it is released.

Going by 5, Sega is now doing what has been standard in story heavy games in Japan for a while and is now going full voice for main story events. This will help since most people are better at listening than reading foreign characters. On the other hand, this would also increase costs if they did localize it and didn't subtitle it.

I know this is blasphemy around these parts but I think I'll get it for ps3 unless there are gameplay changes between the two versions OR ps4 games have a better guarantee of being future proof for ps5, ps6, etc. Right now it's the only ps4 game I'd want.

Soriku

Going by 5, Sega is now doing what has been standard in story heavy games in Japan for a while and is now going full voice for main story events. This will help since most people are better at listening than reading foreign characters. On the other hand, this would also increase costs if they did localize it and didn't subtitle it.

I know this is blasphemy around these parts but I think I'll get it for ps3 unless there are gameplay changes between the two versions OR ps4 games have a better guarantee of being future proof for ps5, ps6, etc. Right now it's the only ps4 game I'd want.

If you get the PS3 version you can play the online for free.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Holy SHIT.

That's by far the best this series has ever looked. Combat looks so, so good.

There is no good reason for Sega not to bring this out in the US. It's open-world, it's bloody, it's got samurai - these are things you can sell! Call it something other than Yakuza if you really think the series is so tainted.

I'm really excited for this.

Looks great. The music in the story trailer kinda caught me off guard though, haha. It sounded just like a Gospel Choir. I liked the way it sounded though, it just didn't seem to fit well with the trailer.

That gameplay looks really fun. I want this.

JoeFenix

Wow at combat system!

Dodge roll into pistol looks badass! Look fluid and fast, lots of possibilties. The weapon forging and the sphere grid type leveling system also look cool.

Really hope we get this!

duckroll

Looks like they're going to deliver on the promise that this is going to be the most JRPG-like entry of the series yet. :)

It's ultimately up to Sega, though..

if Sony promise helping either by localizing it themselves or publishing deal etc, there's really no reason why Sega wouldn't do it. the game already made it's money back from japan sales alone right now.

the only reason Sega didn't do it right now is because they think the sales are so low that it's not worth it to localize it, and also because they don't want to spare the manpower to localize it themselves because those people are better off doing other stuff.

Yaqoub

Oh dear Lord... straight into my bloodstream...

PLEASE LOCALIZE THIS, SEGA/ATLUS :/

Will be importing it regardless.

Top Bottom