• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Ishin (PS3/PS4) TGS trailers

It looks good, but weirdly a part of me can't get all too excited about this until we get Yakuza 5 localised. That game is always hovering in the back of my mind when I read about Ishin.

Asd202

"Don't talk, be serious"
Game looks great maybe I would give it a try but I haven't played any Yakuza game yet. Do these games have a story continuity?

Binabik15

I always think about getting a Yakuza game but never gong through with it, be it backlog, or not knowing which one is a good start, etc.

But I want to shoot people in a sword fight, Indianna Jones style.

IrishNinja

loving that batting cage, haha

I always think about getting a Yakuza game but never gong through with it, be it backlog, or not knowing which one is a good start, etc.

each one has an excellent (and optional) catch-up video at the start. you literally can't go wrong.

..unless you skip 2 & 4, anyway

Finalizer

What the hell is this lol

So, it looks like a Yakuza game.

I want your PS2.

You should see the PS2 entries! :)

Just maplelord.

Grimløck;82584397 said:
A Sony thread would not be complete without this clown's contribution.

Keep on derpin'.

Thread shitting needs more creativity.

I don't even -- :(.

PS2 >>> XBox and GC confirmed!
You're really annoying you know?

The love for maplelord contributions proves strong~

Anyway, game looks tyte yo. Hoping it finds its way West.
Verendus pls

Eurogamer interview is up.. on the new Yakuza game and the future of Japanese game development

Does being tied to the PS4 launch date put some pressure on you?

Yes, for sure; it’s our first time to make a launch title. The team were worried that we’d need more time. But we’ve made Yakuza games on PS2 and PS3, and in that time we’ve attracted many new fans, so we have fond memories of working on PlayStation formats. We feel like we owe it to PlayStation fans to be there at the start of PS4, even if it means a bit of pressure

On Wii U and the HD games.

Yakuza 1&2 HD came out for Wii U; were you not tempted to take the series multiplatform from now on?

The PlayStation format has a lot of users, so we knew that our audience is there. With the HD versions, we had already made the game once for PS2 and then in HD, so it was quite easy to port it to Wii U, whereas [porting] a whole new title is a bit tricky. I was interested in the Wii U format and curious about how many Wii U users would be interested in the Yakuza series, and the only way to find that out was to try releasing something. It was an experiment. But the sales weren’t great.

Why PS3 and PS4 version.

Why are you releasing the game simultaneously on PS4 and PS3?

We had committed to making a PS4 launch title, but when I thought about the users – well, the PS4 is cheaper than hardware used to be, but it’s still not cheap, so I decided we’d be letting our fans down if we didn’t also release a PS3 version. That’s why we’re making both versions available on the same day.

Localization

When you localised Yakuza 4, you removed the Answer X Answer pop-culture quiz mini-game because you felt Westerners wouldn’t know the answers. Since Isshin has a historical setting, won’t that be even harder to localise?

Well, even many Japanese people might not know the history. But we understand when we see a game set in Ancient Rome, you know? So long as you reach them with the human drama, suits or kimono, it doesn’t matter. Japan or overseas, I’m not worried about that.

So Isshin could possibly be localised someday?

I’d definitely love to reach the whole world, haha, if we have the manpower and the money to do it.

more stuff in the link

http://www.edge-online.com/features/an-audience-with-toshihiro-nagoshi/

Top Bottom