• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza KIWAMI |OT| Translator's Note: "KIWAMI" means "EXTREME"

You mean Ishin. Kenzan is a ps3 game :p.

I want Kenzan more. Although, yea I'm aware, hope is lost

JjGJoS7.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yess !!! picking my steel book after work.

But I have to go on a stupid out of state vacation with the Mrs. on Thursday so I won't be able to play the game for a whole week :(

SIGH .. -_-

I can't take my Pro along, we're packing extremely light.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why 0? Isn't this the first game?

This is a remake of the original PS2 title with added content.

For this remake they added in a couple of scenes factoring in the events of Zero.

Zero itself is a *very* good starting point for newcomers.

xclk07

So YakuzaGAF, what's better to you? 100%ing a Normal playthrough or 100%ing a Legend playthrough? (This is assuming Legend needs to be unlocked again, anyway.)

I was wondering this myself after doing 100% twice in 0. Happily, in Kiwami when you make a clear save, some things DO transfer over to NG+ on Legend. I think the substories are wiped, but otherwise, I believe exp/unlocked moves, minigames, items, and money carry over. So you can go for the 100% on both and not have to start from scratch like you did in 0!

Why Legend isn't available from the beginning I'll never know. :-(

i'm must be missing something! I Can't do climax heat action at all...

i'm at the first real boss
Shimano
and everytime he go into a recovery state, i go into rush mode (since his aura is pink), but nothing, the icon never appear! Tried with every other style, doesn't work

(i did upgraded my stats to get one climax heat bar)

Hasney

I did complain about the music earlier in the thread, but MY GOODNESS did I forget about Chapter 9's main track.

aravuus

It's not even long since I finished Yakuza 0, but it still feels goddamn fantastic to be back in Kamurocho.

Bought Mario + Rabbids today too, but I think this'll dominate my gaming time for the rest of the week at least. Thankfully there won't be any other exciting releases in a while iirc, won't have the same pressure to progress fast like I did with Y0.

Shimano
and everytime he go into a recovery state, i go into rush mode (since his aura is pink), but nothing, the icon never appear! Tried with every other style, doesn't work

Did you unlock the specific heat moves for the Climax Heat Moves? As those need to be unlocked separately (as in the actual heat moves, all 3 of them). Its really stupid in my opinion, the game introduces this mechanic, then takes the moves away and you probably won't have enough EXP to unlock them right off the bat, I remember not unlocking them until after beating that fool
Yuya

aravuus

What were the ebisu socks again? Wondering if I should just unlock the trouble finder and after that, spend all my CP on the battle bonuses.

Shimano

I just did that fight without using climax heat action. Those are optional.

UncleMeat

Just got the steel book in the mail, it looks really sick. I've only played 4,5,0 so really looking forward to popping this in tonight.

Peroroncino

Shimano

It doesn't need to be red climax heat, it can be normal blue one.

The reason you couldn't do it is because you didn't purchase that kiwami heat action, you can find it in Soul skill tree, all 3 need to be purchased separately, each one for each style.

for example, rush one:

21125687_1632175516844281_5108373242433049242_o.jpg

btw. there is an entire subquest focused on that motherfucking CHARISMATIC PHOTO, it was pretty good. xD

Just came back from work and started downloading Kiwami...it'll take roughly 40 minutes until a playable portion of the game is finished and that's like a quarter of the full download, so here's my plan...I'm just going to sleep like 3 hours and then start Kiwami after at least some rest.

Risks: I'm not going to be able to go back to sleep until the early morning hours which leaves me with roughly 2 hours of sleep until it's back to work.

Rewards: I get to play Kiwami today!

Well, off to sleep.

Aenima

Shimano

You need to unlock the skilll to be able to perform a Kiwami heat move on a recovering boss. I think its on the "Souls" skill tree. Need to unlock 1 kiwami move for each fighting style.

Im enjoying the remake alot, is not as good as Yakuza 0 but we cant forget this was the 1st game in the series, and Yakuza 0 was the product of many refinements over the years. Still the best remake i can remember with alot new stuff added while keeping the main story faithfull to the original.

Only thing i find excessive or "Kiwami" is the Majima Everywhere mechanic... its literally EVERYWHERE! While i find the mechanics cool, we have to fight Majima wayyyyyy too much to be able to unlock the full Dragon skill tree. They should have kept it much shorter as its becaming an annoying thing to do. Still funny some of the Majima random appearances.

Opa-Pa

Huh, does Shinji have more importance in Kiwami? I could swear that's Sugita voicing him lol.

And man the added scenes are so cool, that extra time with Majima near the beginning was great.

Taelus

How is the script compared to the original? I remember the dialogue being kinda bad when I played the PS2 version.

What were the ebisu socks again? Wondering if I should just unlock the trouble finder and after that, spend all my CP on the battle bonuses.

The socks generate 100 yen with each step you take. They make a really annoying noise every time. Save your CP and go for the battle upgrades. I regret purchasing the socks.

Ravelle

Time to get KIWAMI

That little girl on the sleeve and on the thin was a neat trick!

I just played about an hour or two, they did a fantastic job so far but there's some jitters now and then the they could have redone the sub font a bit.

Also, I am glad I've watched a playthrough of Zero before playing Kiwami, it's cool to know the backstory of all these characters.

Opa-Pa

Man, as if the original didn't have enough woman slapping in it already lol...

Anyway, I've got to say, Zero makes this story so much better. I've barely played an hour but it gives most events a lot of strength. In the original I always found Dojima's actions out of nowhere and too convenient for the plot, and everyone calling Kazuma a legend felt unearned because you don't even know him or what he's been through.

I'm loving this.

Sinthetic

Started this today and I'm blown away by how incredible it looks and sounds. I'm a huge Japanese cinema fan and it feels like I'm playing a Kitano film.

My first Yakuza game and will definitely not be the last.

P.S - Them pores.

Ravelle

Started this today and I'm blown away by how incredible it looks and sounds. I'm a huge Japanese cinema fan and it feels like I'm playing a Kitano film.

My first Yakuza game and will definitely not be the last.

P.S - Them pores.

I can't put my finger on it but there's something about the faces in the Zero and Yakuza Kiwami that look simple, super detailed and realistic at the same time without using Hellblade level facial capture tech.

Ydelnae

Just finished chapter 1. Weird how seemingly important Yumi is to Kiryu and Nishiki yet she was nowhere to be seen in 0. That bothers me.

Opa-Pa

Good to see Majima still has a Receive You remix as his battle theme despite Sega having to change the new version used for the opening. Had me worried there.

Just finished chapter 1. Weird how seemingly important Yumi is to Kiryu and Nishiki yet she was nowhere to be seen in 0. That bothers me.

That was by far the weirdest omission in 0 :/ I think they mention her literally once in the story.

pixxxelz

Never played a Yakuza game before but decided to get this since it was only 25$ on amazon.

Now I know there's already a thread about this but is it OK if I play this one first and then zero?

Never played a Yakuza game before but decided to get this since it was only 25$ on amazon.

Now I know there's already a thread about this but is it OK if I play this one first and then zero?

It'll be fine either way.

Yakuza fans are recommending 0 over 1 to new players though.

0 is more accessible, larger and more impressive as a first title for newcomers. As well, the remake of 1 has been retconned to make it into more of a sequel to 0

xezuru

Just got my hands on this, quick questions, 1) is there any miss able trophies/hard fail-able sidequests like previous games and 2) if so is there any equivalent khh guide like from Zero

Top Bottom