• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Yakuza: Like a Dragon | OT | Punching and Brawling Like a G6

Sep 7, 2011
Just got to chapter 5 on ps4 pro and I'm loving this game.

I haven't noticed weakness icons either though and was wondering how I was supposed to remember the enemies weaknesses.

Al3x1s

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nov 24, 2018
~40 hours into this so far. It's a pretty great game. Some times it looks very good, most of the time just alright with lod issues and unconvincing lighting and other stuff that bring it down. The cut scenes don't have too high quality a lot of the time, just average motion capture without care to make every action look good or precise cuts and beats but I guess it makes sense given there are so many and many of them of little significance overall, this game is really packed with content. I wonder if I'm close to the end, the story keeps throwing curveballs as shit escalates further.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Mar 21, 2019
Just a quick question on this game as well as others in the series: Are all the Sega arcade games available in the Yakuza games full versions of the arcade counterpart, or are they cut down mini games experiences?
They are full arcade games, not cut down mini games.(but for VF5 don't expect the extra content of the PS360 versions)

Reactions: 00_Zer0

SkylineRKR

Jun 22, 2011
Holland
Did the management minigame which is kind of addicting. Doesn't take that long (much shorter than the hostess stuff in 0). Didn't understand it at first, didn't meet the top 100 in time, doesn't matter at all. From there it got ridiculously easy. You get a huge investment, wages aren't an issue anymore. Just buy properties, fill them, upgrade them, promote the guys, level them (best is when a coach is around for multiplier), Kick them out if you can get a higher tier. And I just used Square to max motivation of the entire squad after each round. I didn't bother with investments, and always did the commercial.

The shareholders, dunno how it works. I mashed with the chicken mostly. He costs only 5 per answer. Chickens can convince shareholders, its Yakuza alright. Eventually put the cards with highest charisma and lowest answer cost in them and did w/e. Its easy as fuck.

The minigame started out great, with not enough funds so you couldn't constantly heal all, etc. But soon it ends up being brainless. Ichiban is loaded now though, 20 million ish. Not bad for a bum.

Last edited:

Al3x1s

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nov 24, 2018
Man, Goro just kicked my ass (edit: pwned the fight, yay). Also in this new area I saw the stores are selling items that heal like 800 hp and my party has like ~400 hp max, am I super underleveled or something? Should I just stick around and improve everybody instead of move forward or what?
Hahah the anti prostitute rally is 100% based on Reseterans 😂😂
I mean, they're deep in the government, work with the yakuza as seen fit and do awful crap like mass deportations of non citizens like the prostitutes (given many of them were poor immigrants/refugees that had no other means to make a living) to "clean" the country! Evil fuckers for sure!

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Just picked up this game for Series X. It's going to be my first Yakuza game. I'm not a huge fan of brawlers, so the change to turn based combat made me want to try it out.