• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Studio (Binary Domain, Yakuza Series) is working on a Non-Yakuza Project

Tizoc

Big Bo can't contain his hype
2241555-binary_domain_3.jpg

Binary Domain <3
Make the voice recognition better and I'm a happy camper.

I'm in for whatever those guys make. Their games are amazing.

Omikaru

How about they work on something new? I loved Binary Domain, but I don't particularly think it needed a sequel. Would be nice if they broke up making Yakuza games by experimenting with new concepts.

Tizoc

How about they work on something new? I loved Binary Domain, but I don't particularly think it needed a sequel. Would be nice if they broke up making Yakuza games by experimenting with new concepts.

They experimented with new concepts (at least for them) in Binary Domain.

Omikaru

They experimented with new concepts (at least for them) in Binary Domain.
I know. But them working on Binary Domain 2 may not necessarily entail that, which is my point.

I mean, if they want to make it, sure, but I'd be just as (if not more) interested if they made something new.

Coxy

BIG BO! BIG BO
Oh, Big Bo

It's probably a new IP though,sine BD supa bomba'd due to godawful marketing

Aki-at

You know I wonder if we're going to see a new engine thanks to this game? Yakuza 3 was an updated engine (after 3 Yakuza games prior to it.) and 5 had a new engine thanks to Binary Domain (Again after 3 Yakuza games.) It's been 3 Yakuza games since the last update.

I'd love a sequel to Binary Domain but I don't see it happening after it bombed so hard and made SEGA rethink their global strategy. I got no issue with whatever the team comes out with though, loved everything they've produce and don't expect this project to be any different.

I'd love a dance battle game based off of Haruka's game play, seriously I got more addicted to that than I thought I would be.

Was Binary Domain running on the Yakuza engine?

No, it was an entirely new engine that was adopted into the Yakuza series from 5 onwards.

mrmickfran

Isn't the Yakuza team the one who worked on Monkey Ball? And wasn't it the Monkey Ball team the one who worked on F-Zero GX?

You guys catching my drift?

Ridley327

It would sure be swell if it was a Binary Domain follow-up, even though it bombed horrifically. Very few games made shooting enemies so fun and strategic at the same time.

God! I love this little "Sega's renaissance" after that CEO words and Shenmue's Kickstarter. Almost every day a new Sega hype thread :)

on-topic: Daytona USA 3 at Gamescom sound good!

The ending of BD set up a promising background to the sequel!

Shion

I have nothing against Binary Domain, but do we really need another Gears of War-style game?

I hope it's a new IP.

Top Bottom