• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YMMV: Free $30 in eshop cards at some Best Buys. CAG thread. WTF!

Well I went to BB, and even tried to go to the check out, even though there was no stickers for it at all....they wouldn't do it for me, even when I showed them the images of other stores, because it wasn't marked at their store like that. =/

SCReuter

There's a whole stack here with no price tag. I tried scanning one and it rang up for $25. Boo.

Maybe I'll attempt a price match.

xzeldax3

I found them on a dedicated gift card kiosk not even close to the game section but it it was hanging from a xbox live sticker. I couldn't find any sticker for the 3 pack. I tried buyinHit anyways but it came up $25. I tried convincing them with the photos in this thread and I told them I took the photos from a other location nearby bit they still refused. Their reasoning was they won't match deals at other locations that's didn't apply to their store plus they don't price match on Black Friday weekend.

Az987

all good things
I've seen the Free! tag once before at Best Buy. It was for some odd PC game, a download code or in game currency iirc. I have a feeling its a glitch their system does and most stores catch it.

The Lamp

Getting free digital Nintendo points on their awful digital ecosystem is literally not worth the drive for me up to Best Buy. But good luck/congrats to those that scored some free points.

Wookieomg

Went to my Best Buy, talked to some associate near the games department and she had no idea what I was talking about. YMMV is an understatement. :/

alf717

Pretty good deal. If anyone has one I would be interested in buying it off ya. PM me. Payment has to be Paypal though.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm this fucking close to a pricematch and I can't find a damn store with this in stock and is doing the deal.

I fucking can't even check inventory because Best buy's shitty website is down.

The store phone service is goddamn atrocious.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm this fucking close to a pricematch and I can't find a damn store with this in stock and is doing the deal.
I fucking can't even check inventory because Best buy's shitty website is down.
The store phone service is goddamn atrocious.
No price matching. At all. Don't bother. I went there and after looking for 20 minutes gave up and went to check out Dark Knight Returns (the animated one) and Lego Movie. Damn near had a heart attack when I saw piles of them at a cardboard stand-up at the registers. Grabbed them, tried to get a price match, since there's no price match cashier needed manager approval, no indicating tag St the cardboard stand-up, missed opportunity. There was no Free! tags anywhere in gaming section. But the manager would've done it if they could price match.

Jarmel

Banned
I literally called the store in the OP and the one with the receipt and neither had even knowledge of what I was talking about.

I found the triple pack but no free tag

Edit: this was many months ago
I found a free tag for an onya $25 card before and it worked after manager override , he removed the sticker immediately lol

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This is straight up trolling. Stores are going to do whatever the hell is needed to get people dropping by.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This is straight up trolling. Stores are going to do whatever the hell is needed to get people dropping by.
Well, I did go in for the free eShop cards and come out with Lego Movie and Batman : Dark Knight Returns. So it worked. And I ain't mad my Best Buy isn't giving out free $30 bills. Like... what? It would be amazing if it was a sporadically placed viral marketing campaign though. Maybe 1 out of every 20 or 50 would have worked.

Did your Best Buy have a price tag that said free? Because I think that's really the only way people are gonna get this deal.

No. These aren't supposed to actually be free. The thing is Best Buy has free stickers for several gift cards out. It's to draw attention to them, but it's only the gift card itself that has nothing free on it. You have to pay to charge the card. The only way to get this deal is to talk your way into it and try to get them to discount it. They won't actually ring up free anywhere.

Just had success at a local Best Buy. I picked up a few:)

Not for nothing, but people picking up a few is probably why this got shitcanned by corporate mid-sale.

My best buy wouldn't price match, asked a couple of people and got a no way, we don't price match our own stores.

Need some eShop cards for gifts so I bought it anyway and another 10 dollar one.

Top Bottom