• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faiz

I leave on vacation Sunday morning. If this isn't fixed by then I lose out on Dragons Dogma because I won't have access for a week after that....

It is mind boggling that Sony would have the advertisement for $30 1 year of PS+ on the Playstation blog with a link to "Buy Now" that takes you to the PSN store page, and then not offer the discount there. It makes absolutely zero sense. Some people's kids, man.

Donos

I realize someone has already probably asked this or posted it, but is everything okay if this pops up after like 2 minutes of "processing" on Amazon when buying the code?

amazonknx5l.jpg

I had that when i bought digital GTA 5 with german credit card and brand new amazon.com account. But after 10 minutes i had my code in my email inbox

Broke as fuck, but still managed to buy at least one. Regret buying BF4 at launch. Could've used that money towards two more codes. Still, it's a great deal.

When I went to GameStop this morning, I saw stacks of PS+ cards behind the counter, seems to be a popular choice. I also heard people asking if they were selling these cards.

Megatron

We tend to get shafted, I'm seriously considering just creating a US account for my PS4 and just buy all my digital games on there (seeing as how everything is cheaper than in Europe). Sure you have to do some work-around to buy things, but at least you're rewarded with lower prices.

Lol 2 months of dealing with our plus offerings and you'll be banging your head against a wall.

Has anyone managed to redeem these yet? Now when I enter them in my PS4 the store app just crashes and kicks me straight back to the XMB without even an error.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks! Is there a good way to 'purchase' PS+ games on the PS3 and view your library?
The PS3 Store is terrible and it's easier and faster to just 'purchase' the games on the webstore. As for viewing your library, both the site and the PS3 have a crappy download list. You can view the PS3 download list by signing into PSN -> Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Download List.

DeBurgo

The old games disappear on the Tuesdays, right? I definitely want to be able to redeem my PS Plus by then so I can still get Dragon's Dogma/ICO/SOTC.
I don't know, since I've never owned a PS+ account (I might have done the trial once -- I don't remember), and never had a reason to check! I just assumed it was the end of the month, but it makes sense that it'd be the first Tuesday, instead.

The PS3 Store is terrible and it's easier and faster to just 'purchase' the games on the webstore. As for viewing your library, both the site and the PS3 have a crappy download list. You can view the PS3 download list by signing into PSN -> Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Download List.

Thanks again! Any idea why it won't let me add Uncharted 3 to my cart? It keeps saying it's PS+ exclusive, but that's exactly what I have.

jrDev

I forgot I had power up rewards points, I have enough to get $5 off anything. GameStop it is then!!
Got one code from Amazon, really don't see the need to stock up on them as the same thing will happen next year.

People doing this are crazy! A few months could pass and they have them for sale somewhere for less than $30. You never know...

Got a card when I traded Killzone shadow fall at best buy for $40 after finishing it. I really considered 2 cards, but I just got some $10 headphones as a replacement instead. I'm guessing in a year and a half maybe something similar will pop up.

Still. I'm unsure.

Mrbob

Got one code from Amazon, really don't see the need to stock up on them as the same thing will happen next year.

I hope so but there is no guarantee. My opinion is that Sony is trying hard to push up those PS Plus subs so discounts a little lower than normal are being offered. Once subs reach a certain level we may not be getting as sweet of a discount.

could be worse. this is on the PS Blog
+ Babylyn01 on November 29th, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:
So, I bought two PS+ codes via Amazon, tried to input them on my Vita and got an error message.
THEN when I went to my PS3 to login to my account (it’s my master account, not this one) it said I had been BANNED or SUSPENDED and couldn’t use my account. Bear in mind, this is an account on which I already have PS+, and am now paying for services which I cannot use.
No explanation was given for the ban, but my account was working perfectly fine before I tried to input the Amazon codes.
Brilliant customer service Sony – banning/suspending someone because they’re attempting to spend money on your service. And you actually expect people to buy your shiny new games machine? Pfft!

UNCMark

Banned
It is mind boggling that Sony would have the advertisement for $30 1 year of PS+ on the Playstation blog with a link to "Buy Now" that takes you to the PSN store page, and then not offer the discount there. It makes absolutely zero sense. Some people's kids, man.

Yeah that's an incredibly dickish move. They make you think they're offering it for 29.99 and then hope you dont read the price before you click buy. So lame of them.

Got my two from Amazon for 55 dollars total, which takes my PS+ membership to the end of 2018. Hopefully in 2018 there's another similar deal =)

Got my two codes for video credit from Amazon. Didn't notice that somewhere along the line HD movie rentals started costing 5.99 instead of 4.99. It's like they want me to go to Redbox.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks again! Any idea why it won't let me add Uncharted 3 to my cart? It keeps saying it's PS+ exclusive, but that's exactly what I have.
Try signing into your account if you're using the webstore. If you're getting errors, try the PS3 Store.

If you're signed in and still can't add it, you should check your download list to make sure you don't already have it there. Sometimes the storefront has trouble keeping up with PS+ items you've 'purchased', so it displays them as available to you but when you try to check them out it spits out an error cause your account already has the rights for it.

Tried to redeem code on PS4 but it would not accept. No error messages it just kicks me to the main dashboard. Anyone else have this problem.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom