• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoichi Wada moved Square Enix's offices based on advice from a fortune teller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I raise you...

e6ZXn.gif
lpok9.gif
bl7wM.gif
s5V8v.gif
mqiIx.gif
AkV24.gif
0lnjk.gif
zy9O3.gif
2gaT4.gif
AXa00.gif
8MjVU.gif
Czutt.gif
TiJMw.gif
NtASg.gif
bdZvQ.gif

Hah, a montage of all the SE sprite laughing stuff would be a pretty good passive-aggressive reply to an actual SE announcement that misfires.

DG35L.gif
bkP0T.gif
T4T1H.gif
mhLlG.gif
bc52X.gif
UPUCV.gif

Azure J

I don't know if this thread is the funniest thing I've read in a while, or viral propaganda telling me to replay Chrono Trigger/play FF6 anymore. :lol

clashfan

I think people here are seriously underestimating how prevalent superstititous beliefs are amongst business and political leaders. I suspect this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of important people making crazy decisions based on dumb shit.

I think the most famous case of this is First Lady Nancy Reagan...

ramyeon

I think people here are seriously underestimating how prevalent superstititous beliefs are amongst business and political leaders. I suspect this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of important people making crazy decisions based on dumb shit.
Not only that but people are looking at this with a Western centric viewpoint. Fortune tellers are still very common and surprisingly trusted in a lot of East Asian counties - eg: Japan and Korea. Especially with regards to property, business and marriage. It is not really common to adhere to these traditional beliefs and superstitions still.

As an example, a friend I know changed her name because a fortune teller told her that her birth name was unlucky and would bring bad fortune to her marriage with her fiancée.

And a fortune teller in Japan is not a crazy lady with a crystal ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom