• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi. WTF Nintendo?

Aeana

I like the way the older Yoshis are portrayed in Paper Mario 2.

PM2_Yoshi.PNG

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
watkinzez said:
Is this the same reasoning that spawned the love for potbelly Sonic?
"Okay" being worse than "KILL IT WITH FIRE"?? yes.

Change is fine. But swapping a neutral cartoon character with all-ages appeal, for a design which could only appeal to the baby demographic or the apathetic? That's a tragedy worth Internet-bitching about! :lol

samusx

Banned
Aeana said:
I like the way the older Yoshis are portrayed in Paper Mario 2.

PM2_Yoshi.PNG

Never saw this design before. Thats a step in more the right direction.
Dont like the windshield eyes though.

theluma

Dude, he just got a bit more round.

Would argue that that last render is a bit unfair. There's a bunch of modern-day renders that always get used that I believe are the SM64 DS ones. They are indeed pretty ugly, but in the actual games, such as NSMBWii or Galaxy, Yoshi looks much better.

[Nintex]

Segata Sanshiro said:
Balls look at mah balls is new to me and hilarious

The other song from Yoshi's Story I always heard as "Eat asshole" over and over again. This one.
I always thought he sang "Nintendooo" but 'eat asshole' makes more sense.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't get the OP, Nintendo is one of the companies that actually knows how to update their character's design, without losing the original in translation.

gerg

"Balls, look at mah balls!" had me in tears. :lol

samusx said:
What is this fuck? Look at him beside Mario. How does he ride that. Grrr, hate it.

Have you seen videos of Yoshi in SMG2?

I think it might of been at Mario Kart 64, but at a certain point I feel like all the Mario character designs lost their souls and have been trying to get them back ever since.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
hamchan said:
If you watch closely when Yoshi sticks out its tongue, Mario is actually punching it in the head.
Nintendo promotes animal abuse.

Side note:
I think I'm the only who thought Mario was smashing his head against the bricks rather than punching them.

Gravijah

Plywood said:

Side note:
I think I'm the only who thought Mario was smashing his head against the bricks rather than punching them.

Nah, I did too.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Balls look at mah balls is new to me and hilarious

The other song from Yoshi's Story I always heard as "Eat asshole" over and over again. This one.
They sound stoned out of this world too, which makes it that much better

Segata Sanshiro said:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/SegataSan/mariof171.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]
The way mario looks into Yoshi's. You just know some dinobuttsex is a comin, Whether Yoshi wants it or not.

Kurtofan

Plywood said:

Side note:
He punches them?!
I always thought he smashes them with his head.

robor

I actually prefer Yoshi the way he is now, how do you like those apples samusx?

yea...I don't care : )

Lijik

remz said:
I miss the weird noises he made in mario kart, ahahaha
He still does one of the record scratchy noises when you jump on him in SMG2. Was a pleasant surprise the first time I noticed it

G.O.O.

Hey, Mario does use his head to smash blocks. Either that, or he also does the punch move when jumping under nothing, which looks stupid. Or worse, his punch can destroy bricks, but doesn't work on the belly of flying turtles.

upandaway

Yeah sounds to me like OP is just nostalgic. I don't like the World design of Yoshi at all. Yoshi's Island makes him far nicer.

Though I still hate Yoshi in general. Stupid animal, go in the hole, that's the only thing you're good at.

Top Bottom