• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

@Yosp: Sony won't ban you for connecting before launch

hawk2025

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't find this awesome. Kinda think its petty and a little silly to be honest.

...what?

He answered the question like the other hundreds of questions he answers daily, didn't even make a big deal out of it.

Awe, did that Xbox fellow get his console banned? My understanding was it was a shipping mistake? Can't blame the fellow for playing with his toy early right, is he out a console now? shame.

Kane1345

Major nelson apparently wants to talk to that guy who got banned. I smell an unbanning

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson 18m
@Moonlightswami Love to know more about what happened w/ your console. Can you follow and DM me and I'll get this sorted out? Thanks.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't find this awesome. Kinda think its petty and a little silly to be honest.

It's not like Shu's making a big deal out of it, he's just replying to a question on Twitter.

We're the one making a big deal out of it, and yeah, it's a non-story, really.

Amir0x

Banned
Was everyone at Sony put into some PR training boot camp? The change from the PS3 era is... just so insanely huge... so consistent. Everyone is on the same page. Everyone seems to have a similarly shit-eating grin sense of humour. Everyone understands who their consumer is and what to say to them. Everyone knows exactly what PS4 is for.

Next Gen Blueprint and Roadmap:

Microsoft "Do whatever we want, whenever we want, and do what we think is best for Microsoft."

Sony - "Do the exact opposite of what Microsoft does!"

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Major nelson apparently wants to talk to that guy who got banned. I smell an unbanning

@Moonlightswami Love to know more about what happened w/ your console. Can you follow and DM me and I'll get this sorted out? Thanks.

Or just a, 'we looked into it and you were banned for legit reasons sorry'. It's easy to seem concerned.

legacyzero

Banned
kazHirai_contro_DonMattrick.gif

I always think (when looking at awesome gifs like these) what the early console war for this gen would have been like with these kinds of gifs. I imagine it would have been a complete reversal back then.

bedlamite

I feel bad for MS, I really do

Sony PR have the easiest job in the world when it comes to promoting the PS4, they basically react to MS's fuckups

PBY

Banned
What's petty and silly? Someone asked him on Twitter about it, and he replied. Where's the problem?
A tweet that just says "no" in response just doesn't elicit this kind of reaction from me. The surrounding hoopla is what I find silly and petty.

Dicer

Banned

Damage is done...shouldn't have happened in the first place

It never ceases to amaze me how quick these guys are to respond to clever PR opportunities. Yoshida must be browsing GAF on his phone all the time so he can quickly make funny twitter quips at breaking news or some shit

What I like most about Yoshida's replies is that they really leave no wiggle room. He usually answers with "Yes" or "No". Simple and clear answers with no PR nonsense.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Another precision strike.

edit: Sethos with a precision strike on Rob.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sony's probably going to win this gen, and then they'll go back to being arrogant pricks again. But at least for now, I'm going to ride this wave of positivity and hype til it crashes.

A lot of this stuff has just been handed to them on a silver platter, particularly the DRM debacle but even little stuff like this.

Nokterian

Was everyone at Sony put into some PR training boot camp? The change from the PS3 era is... just so insanely huge... so consistent. Everyone is on the same page. Everyone seems to have a similarly shit-eating grin sense of humour. Everyone understands who their consumer is and what to say to them. Everyone knows exactly what PS4 is for.

Well i do know they fired or removed that horrible pr from the ps3 and off course changing it internally from the company both in person and thinking a like also getting new fresh faces in who know what there doing. But they have come a long way and it shows.

Amir0x

Banned
What I like most about Yoshida's replies is that they really leave no wiggle room. He usually answers with "Yes" or "No". Simple and clear answers with no PR nonsense.

which makes when he cannot make those definitive proclamations more awkward though, ala mp3/DLNA stuff ;P

So he will only unban the guy if he follows him? lol MS PR is great, keep digging this hole you dummies.

Yeah, this will turn out great for the guy i think.

-PXG-

It's called not having Headupyourownassitus . Seems MS has caught a nasty case of it

Samyy

A tweet that just says "no" in response just doesn't elicit this kind of reaction from me. The surrounding hoopla is what I find silly and petty.

Honestly could say the same thing about your reaction, you're over analyzing this.

Or just a, 'we looked into it and you were banned for legit reasons sorry'. It's easy to seem concerned.

If it becomes a big deal, I think MS is more likely than not to make an exception for his case. Leniency during the opening salvos of a console launch isn't uncommon, to avoid bad press.

Though if Halo 5 got leaked, and someone played it, that person is going to get banned forever.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

It's not exactly rocket science. Wait for MS to do something pointlessly draconian, then announce that you're not doing the pointlessly draconian thing and wait for the plaudits to roll in. You don't need PR bootcamp for that, you just need to not be pulling completely pointless dick moves for no reason.

Top Bottom