• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

@Yosp: Sony won't ban you for connecting before launch

This whole "we support gamers", "PS is for true gamers" and "we do the exact opposite thing M$ do to you" attitude is getting really old now.

Sooner or later, they're going to have to back it all up with their lackluster OS and some actual exclusives that will sell like hotcakes. Until then, GO MS.

Are you really having a meltdown over this?

nillapuddin

MS doctrine is, "The customer is always wrong." Their customer service is an insult.

Come on yall, be better than this.
Once real people were awake, this was resolved.

Just chatted with him and we're all set. Great guy.

His console will be unblocked as soon as things are done on Live, the Store etc. (since things are not quite done yet) and we are working on getting his YT strike removed.

Just another Saturday leading up to launch…right?

Good luck on PS4 guy posting tomorrow.
(not sarcasm, I'm eager to see the system in play)

Sorian

Banned
‏@Moonlightswami 16m

Alright, I talked to @majornelson and all is being resolved. He has invited me to the launch event. Details on it are classified.

Pretty much looking that way.

Well happy ending then. No interest in the bone currently but gotta love that a shipping error on target's part lands this guy the VIP treatment with MS even if there was still horrible communication at the beginning.

So at this point, Sony's current strategy for the PS4 is to wait for Microsoft to do something people don't like and simply come out and say they do the opposite?
They've never done console bans for playing prerelease ever. This isn't a current strategy, it's some thing theyve always done.

I don't even understand why MS would ban someone for this.

he wasn't banned despite the message. He was blocked from accessing XBL because its not ready to go yet. That's probably the only message they could use because they did not expect anyone to be trying to connect this early.

So at this point, Sony's current strategy for the PS4 is to wait for Microsoft to do something people don't like and simply come out and say they do the opposite?

It's not Sony's fault that MS's current strategy is essentially the console version of "hey let's just all get together and drink poison", they're making it WAY too easy right now.

This whole "we support gamers", "PS is for true gamers" and "we do the exact opposite thing M$ do to you" attitude is getting really old now.

Sooner or later, they're going to have to back it all up with their lackluster OS and some actual exclusives that will sell like hotcakes. Until then, GO MS.

KuGsj.gif

He mad.

DAT SALT!

ibqLiRhSxHXHyn.gif

gotoadgo

mj-laughing.gif

MilkBeard

JenniferLawrenceyeahokay.gif

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

atk3sv7onf.gif

Gestault

I don't even understand why MS would ban someone for this.

My understanding is they didn't; they just blocked early-release systems from accessing Xbox Live. The guy's account and 360 were unaffected. That said, this thread is incredible, so don't say a word to anyone else. I want more gifs.

PBY

Banned

DEAD @ "go MS"

It's a fucking company lol. Out here treating them like a sports team.

xyzls

I'm amazed, all the hype for the PS4 is because the XB1's bad media. I remember everyone thinking the PS4 was pretty mediocre until Microsoft's XB1 announcement.

I'm amazed, all the hype for the PS4 is because the XB1's bad media. I remember everyone thinking the PS4 was pretty mediocre until Microsoft's XB1 announcement.

Yeah, that's definitely not how things have gone. Not that MS' bad decisions haven't contributed to things, but people have been hyped for the PS4 since day 1.

Str1ke4

So, has anyone actually read the question sent to yosh? Receiving a console 2 weeks early is one thing, but receiving one early when its already available in a different country is completely different.

Hexa

DEAD @ "go MS"

It's a fucking company lol. Out here treating them like a sports team.

Sports teams are primarily companies, or heavily sponsored by companies too.
As sports teams has always been the lens I've looked at the companies involved in the console war actually. :p

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

What? This is some crazy alternate history of what actually happened.

televator

Based sony...

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

Oh, Sony. Tell me more. So far they've jumped on and directly addressed the biggest concerns with the PS4 and still they go out of their way to tell us things like this. I'd think the PS4 was trying to seduce me. If it is, it's totally working.

meanspartan

Wut.

But for real, do you remember the hype following Sony's February event? All I read on gaming websites was "How can Microsoft top this?" and such.

It is true that Microsoft's stumbles have indeed helped the PS4 build momentum, but it was already off to a running start long before Microsoft's May event.

zebwinz

So, has anyone actually read the question sent to yosh? Receiving a console 2 weeks early is one thing, but receiving one early when its already available in a different country is completely different.

Yup and the guy who put up an instagram of his PS4 and talked about making a video has taken the pic down already.

FuturusX

It's the way he did it. "no". What kind of petty garbage is that?

I know if I was on twitter I wouldn't stoop myself that low to use that kind of language. I was raised right

Twitter has a character limit...check it out.

Edit: oh you are trolling...carry on then.

Welcome to the videogame industry.

SNES/SMD: Sega capitalises on some of Nintendo's mistakes and captures a large proportion of the market share.
PS1/N64/Saturn: Sony capitalises on Nintendo and Sega's stupid mistakes.
PS2/DC/GC/oXbox: Sony doesn't make any mistakes, dominates.
PS3/360/Wii: Nintendo comes out of the block at an insane pace but runs out of puff, Microsoft capitalises on Sony's stupid mistake to capture US/UK and Sony losses a lot of market share.
PS4/Xbone/WiiU: Sony starts capitalising on Microsoft's stupid mistakes.

I know some people like to downplay what Sony's done to suit their narrative but that's how shit goes. If Sony hadn't fucked up with the PS3, this thread wouldn't even exist because Microsoft would still be a minor player.

Thorgal

BigDaddyFatSack
Banned
(Yesterday, 10:32 PM)

Welp . another one bites the dust .

People thought 8GB GDDR8 was pretty mediocre?

There where certain posters who thought MS would bring a machine that would blow the PS4 out of the water since they have more money to burn.

(remember the Dual GPU rumors ?)

Damn now i am getting memories about Reiko again .(May his account rest in peace .)

Top Bottom